Windows 10: Problem using private OneDrive on a coporate Laptop

Discus and support Problem using private OneDrive on a coporate Laptop in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have been using OneDrive for many years using a corporate Laptop. However, when the Laptop was replaced with one using W10 Pro, I was unable to set... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Masquerade12000, Sep 20, 2017.

1. Problem using private OneDrive on a coporate Laptop

I have been using OneDrive for many years using a corporate Laptop. However, when the Laptop was replaced with one using W10 Pro, I was unable to set up One-Drive. The icon is greyed out saying that I am not signed in. On right-clicking, choosing settings and then select "account", it asks me to enter my e-mail address. I do so and then it says that my e-mail address is used for both OneDrive and OneDrive for Business and asks which one I would like to sign into first. However - it does not allow me to select "Personal". So I choose "Work or School". It then asks for an O365 work or school account. I don't have one - but use my personal credentials. It says that it doesn't recognize the UserID or Password (not suprising as I don't have a work/school O365 account). I went to Login.live.com and could see that Ihad a personal 365 account with One-Drive. I can also access the One-Drive folders from my phone.
    It would seem as though my One-Dive Installation doesn't accept a personal e-mail. Can anyone help?

:)

Masquerade12000, Sep 20, 2017
  2. AndrewM11 Win User

Having a problem with OneDrive on my ASUS laptop running Windows 10

I have an ASUS laptop. When I try to sign in to OneDrive using my Microsoft account, the same account I use to log in to my laptop, it tells me I'm trying to sync to a different account than I'm signed in to and it tells me to use the password for
    "". I'm signing in with my Microsoft account in both instances. I can access my MS OneDrive with MS Office (Word, Excel, etc.) but not in file explorer. On my desktop I can access files in my MS OneDrive using file explorer.
    In one instance, it tells me to unlink the OneDrive I’m already running on my laptop. Anyone out there experiencing this issue?

AndrewM11, Sep 20, 2017
  3. AndrewM11 Win User
    Having a problem with OneDrive on my ASUS laptop running Windows 10

Thanks. I followed the instructions,it didn't seem to work until I clicked on my onedrive icon in file explorer and it popped up and installed. Thanks again.

AndrewM11, Sep 20, 2017
  4. hawkman Win User

Problem using private OneDrive on a coporate Laptop

Apparently its been that way since 8.1.

You need to logon to your MS account and sync it.

Roy

hawkman, Sep 20, 2017
  5. Masquerade12000, Sep 20, 2017
  6. I have just tried using another e-mail account I have set up for the One-Drive. I then saw a message saying that my Organisation doesn't allow use of personal One-Drive. Ummm. Other that asking the "powers that be" for permission which may not be given - is there anything else?

Masquerade12000, Sep 20, 2017
  7. pparks1 Win User
    I would certainly ask the powers that be. My employer doesn't allow us to use OneDrive or Dropbox. We have a OneDrive for Business that I can use, but I'm not allowed to access my own personal accounts.

pparks1, Sep 21, 2017
  8. cereberus Win User

You could try setting up a virtual machine and see if you can set up a personal onedrive in that?

cereberus, Sep 21, 2017
  9. I have both my Personal OneDrive and an Office 365 OneDrive setup on this PC. Two separate Icons in my tray. A blue one for the Office 365 account and white for my personal. They both sync separately as far as I know. I'm trying to remember how I added the Business OneDrive but coming up short at the moment. @Kari I believe originally posted the instructions, can't find that thread though?
    Did find this though, OneDrive - Sync Multiple Accounts in Windows Haven't looked at it yet though.

EDIT: What Kari posted may have been on the Microsoft Yammer group. Which would explain why I can't find it here.

alphanumeric, Sep 21, 2017
  10. Forgot to mention, I'm logged in with My Microsoft account on this PC, not my Office 365 account. I believe I just installed the OneDrive for Business App, and then set that up with my office 365 account.

11. It was on Yammer, clip and past from there as its a private forum.
    Just open OneDrive settings and add ODfB account; you can only have and sync one personal OD account at any given time, but you can then add as many additional OneDrive for Business accounts as you want to. I sync currently one personal and three business OneDrive accounts on PC I am using to write this.

Problem using private OneDrive on a coporate Laptop [​IMG]

You will have one icon in notification area for each OneDrive account, a white one for the only personal account allowed, and blue one for each OD for Business account.

One client, multiple OD accounts (from which only one can be personal).

12. Many thanks for the suggestions. I will read them in slow-time and will probably look to delete One-Drive and start again with the personal account and add the business one when I receive one. I suspect that the "powers that be" will not allow me to have this full time - but I will explore whether or not I can modify the registry each time (it will probably be reset by GPO). At least I will then have ad hoc access to the 20GB of photographs I have on One-Drive.
    Thank you again.

Masquerade12000, Sep 21, 2017
  13. Problem using private OneDrive on a coporate Laptop

One of the perks of being a Microsoft MVP, is a free Office365 subscription. I took advantage of it mainly for the extra One drive storage. It didn't quit work out as planned though as my XBOX can't see or use it.

14. I have a personal Office 365 subscription - but One-Drive seems to think it is personal (which it is) and not a work/school (it isn't).

Masquerade12000, Sep 21, 2017
  15. My Microsoft ID one shows up as Personal, the office 365 one doesn't. It's a corporate trial.

alphanumeric, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Problem using private OneDrive on a coporate Laptop - Similar Threads - Problem using private

2. How to remove Private use keyboards

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove Private use keyboards: I have an issue, where in my keyboard layouts options, I have 4 languages, and 2 of them are completely odd Private use, which I cannot remove by any means. I only have 2 languages in my language settings see attached screen shot.How can I remove these Private use keyboards??...
  3. problems accessing onedrive using url

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problems accessing onedrive using url: I am trying to access onedrive via https://onedrive.live.com/about/en-gb/ .But I get the same error message as below from Windows 11 laptop and windows 11 laptop but the services status portal says all is well.syncing appears to be ok for 'a few' files at least.Rgds...
  4. problems accessing onedrive using url

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    problems accessing onedrive using url: I am trying to access onedrive via https://onedrive.live.com/about/en-gb/ .But I get the same error message as below from Windows 11 laptop and windows 11 laptop but the services status portal says all is well.syncing appears to be ok for 'a few' files at least.Rgds...
  5. Problem with desktop after using OneDrive

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with desktop after using OneDrive: I have Win10 Pro Version 20H2. I recently tried using OneDrive for the first time. Because of issues that I doubt are relevant for present purposes, it didn't work out at all, so I disabled OneDrive using the Group Policy Editor and went back to the way things were. (At least...
  6. Using OneDrive with PC and laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Using OneDrive with PC and laptop: I have a desktop PC and a laptop. I want to sync them both so that they are using the same OneDrive. So if I change data on laptop, it syncs to OneDrive and then when I reattach and log in on my desktop PC, the updated files get synched. This seems so straightforward and...
  7. Problem with using OneDrive - help Newbie please!

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with using OneDrive - help Newbie please!: I am trying to transfer My Docs files from my old laptop to a new Tablet - both are latest version of Windows 10. My problem is: I can see in my vault on my laptop all my files going back for ages but when I go into One Drive on my new Tablet and open the vault all I see are...
  8. Unable to switch from Domain to Private use for my laptop ???

Unable to switch from Domain to Private use for my laptop ???: Hi, I’m running Windows 10 Pro 1909 18363.535 on Toshiba Satellite Pro, Intel 7 5500u, 16 Go of RAM, and using a SSD of 950 Go. I’m having this message in Windows Update, saying in yellow : *Some parameters are managed by your organization. So, I have tried to modified the...
  9. Problems: your Connection is not private

Problems: your Connection is not private: This problems held from yesterday night. and when i logging my mail address or youtube.com in chorome then showing your Connection is not private. I check Date & Time and others reason also... but others are ok......
  10. Private and Public Network Problem

Private and Public Network Problem: Here's what I am trying to accomplish We have events at different locations where we need a private network. The network is wired between a workstation (that acts as a server) and 2-4 data input stations. They are all connected through a switch, which is connected to a...