Windows 10: Problem with a Reg File, custom context menu add options Windows 10

Discus and support Problem with a Reg File, custom context menu add options Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm trying to make a small and very basic program to install a custom menu to the desktop right click menu on Windows 10 Pro 64 bits. That would start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by WZNI, Dec 22, 2019.

1. WZNI Win User

Problem with a Reg File, custom context menu add options Windows 10

I'm trying to make a small and very basic program to install a custom menu to the desktop right click menu on Windows 10 Pro 64 bits. That would start a program, launch a web page and others simple tasks when triggered. The install process seems to be doing fine but there seems to be a problem with my reg file since the options appears on the desktop right click menu but they don't trigger but the files are copied to the %HOMEPATH% dir (See bellow) correctly, i have double checked. I tried finding the solution on the net in vain. I would need help from someone who is use to write reg files. It may be a problem with the address location target that i'm using in the reg file (%HOMEPATH%\Documents) but at this point i can't tell.

Reg File:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

; Created by: Luxe
    ; Created on: December 4th 2019
    ; Updated on: December 12th 2019

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\DesktopBackground\Shell\Planet Zoo]
    "Icon"="%HOMEPATH%\Documents\Planet_Zoo_Context_Menu\1.ico"
    "MUIVerb"="Planet Zoo"
    "Position"="Bottom"
    "SubCommands"=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\DesktopBackground\Shell\Project\shell\001flyout]
    "MUIVerb"="Play Planet Zoo"
    "Icon"="%HOMEPATH%\Documents\Planet_Zoo_Context_Menu\5.ico"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\DesktopBackground\Shell\Project\shell\001flyout\command]
    @="%HOMEPATH%\Documents\Planet_Zoo_Context_Menu\Start_PZ.bat"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\DesktopBackground\Shell\Project\shell\002flyout]
    "Icon"="%HOMEPATH%\Documents\Planet_Zoo_Context_Menu\7.ico"
    "MUIVerb"="Workshop"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\DesktopBackground\Shell\Project\shell\002flyout\command]
    @="%HOMEPATH%\Documents\Planet_Zoo_Context_Menu\Workshop_PZ.bat"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\DesktopBackground\Shell\Project\shell\003flyout]
    "Icon"="%HOMEPATH%\Documents\Planet_Zoo_Context_Menu\4.ico"
    "MUIVerb"="Backup"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\DesktopBackground\Shell\Project\shell\003flyout\command]
    @="%HOMEPATH%\Documents\Planet_Zoo_Context_Menu\Backup_PZ.bat"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\DesktopBackground\Shell\Project\shell\004flyout]
    "Icon"="%HOMEPATH%\Documents\Planet_Zoo_Context_Menu\6.ico"
    "MUIVerb"="Screenshots"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\DesktopBackground\Shell\Project\shell\004flyout\command]
    @="%HOMEPATH%\Documents\Planet_Zoo_Context_Menu\Screenshots_PZ.bat"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\DesktopBackground\Shell\Project\shell\005flyout]
    "Icon"="%HOMEPATH%\Documents\Planet_Zoo_Context_Menu\R.ico"
    "MUIVerb"="Restart PZ"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\DesktopBackground\Shell\Project\shell\005flyout\command]
    @="%HOMEPATH%\Documents\Planet_Zoo_Context_Menu\Restart_PZ.bat"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\DesktopBackground\Shell\Project\shell\006flyout]
    "Icon"="%HOMEPATH%\Documents\Planet_Zoo_Context_Menu\3.ico"
    "MUIVerb"="Close PZ"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\DesktopBackground\Shell\Project\shell\006flyout\command]
    @="%HOMEPATH%\Documents\Planet_Zoo_Context_Menu\Close_PZ.bat"

:)

2. Custom context menu entries

So, just throwing this out there, in case somone knows.

I have added a custom context menu entry for the program rightload, since by default the menu is broken in vistax64.

It works pefect with single files, but when I select mutiple files and try to open, I get mutiple instances of the program (which makes sense), here is my entry:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Rightload\Rightload.exe --server=1 --autostart %1

So the %1 passes the filename to the program, and when I select multiple files it is just opening multiple instances of rightload each with a different file.

What I'd like to do is be able to pass a list of the files selected to the program. Since I know it is capable of uploading multiple files from the context menu, all in one instance.

So, is there something I can pass besides %1 that will do this? I have looked around and can't seem to find an answer anywhere... *Frown Problem with a Reg File, custom context menu add options Windows 10 :(

ArmoredCavalry, Dec 22, 2019
  3. Jelu Cal Win User
    Context menu problem

Hi,

Your concern with the context menu can be due to the configuration of your device and/or broken system files. To better understand your concern, we'd like to know the following:

• The last known changes made/activities performed on your device prior to your concern.
    • If you've experienced your concern on all areas in Windows 10 where context menu is expected to be available. Examples are File Explorer and desktop icons.
    • The version and build of Windows 10 that you're using on your device. To check this, you can perform the steps posted on this

link

In addition, we'd like to request for a screenshot of your concern with the context menu.

In the meantime, we'd recommend performing a clean boot in Windows to isolate software conflicts on your device. To do this, you can perform the steps posted on this link.
    In the clean boot environment, check if you'll be able to load the usual options for the context menu. The link will also provide steps to isolate the possible cause of the issue. Once you're done troubleshooting, check the How
    to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting
    section to revert your device to normal boot.

If you still experience your concern while in the clean boot environment, we'd recommend creating a new user/administrator account to isolate profile related issues. To do this, you can perform the steps posted on this

link

We look forward to your response.

Jelu Cal, Dec 22, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Add AutoPlay to Context Menu of Drives in Windows 10  

Ok, done. I found more registry entries in the first one though.

Remove Add to Windows Media Player list Context Menu in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Customization Tutorials

Remove Play with Windows Media Player Context Menu in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Customization Tutorials

Brink, Dec 22, 2019
Thema:

1. Problem with a Reg File, custom context menu add options Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Problem Reg File

2. How to add Unblock option for downloaded files in Context Menu of Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to add Unblock option for downloaded files in Context Menu of Windows 10: If you download a file from the internet, you might have to unblock it before you can perform specific tasks in Windows 10. It is possible to unblock a file from the item’s Properties. However, you can add the Unblock option for downloaded files and folders in the context...
  3. How to add a custom shortcut / context menu for all video files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to add a custom shortcut / context menu for all video files: According to https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/shell/app-registration#registering-a-perceived-type, this can be done by adding the below registry entries...HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT SystemFileAssociations video shell openApp1...
  4. Customize File Explorer context menu?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Customize File Explorer context menu?: I tried searching the tutorials but came up empty . . . Is it possible to customize the file explorer context menu to remove items you don't want to appear on the menu? The "context" in this case is the menu that appears when you click on a .txt file, an image file or a...
  5. how to add custom shortcut keys to context menu?

how to add custom shortcut keys to context menu?: examples, window's copy and paste. right click a folder/file and press c or press v, it'll copy or paste. how do I set up custom shortcut keys to other context menu functions of 3rd party program? 157109
  6. Option to "add to file history" to context menu?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Option to "add to file history" to context menu?: Is there any way to include an option to "add to file history" to the context menu? It's tedious to have to jump into settings every time I want to add a folder to it. 140176
  7. Add option to context menu to open file type

in Windows 10 Support
    Add option to context menu to open file type: By default, Windows will open a MIDI file with Windows Media Player on double-click. This is fine. However, I'd like to add the option to open MIDI files to the context menu (right click). As it is, to open a MIDI file with MuseScore (my current preferred software), I have...
  8. Location of the "Edit" context menu entry for .reg files

in Windows 10 Support
    Location of the "Edit" context menu entry for .reg files: So when I edit .reg files, I prefer to edit them with VS Code instead of notepad by default. I notice that .reg files have an "edit" context menu entry that appears when you right click on them, but this context menu entry opens up notepad by default. It tried adding the...
  9. Request for a reg file to add snipping tool new snip to context menu

Request for a reg file to add snipping tool new snip to context menu: So ive been able to find a means to add the snipping tool itself to my context menu. Ive also been able to find a means to add a snipping tool entry with cascading menu to my start menu. I'm looking specifically for a means to add the snipping tool to context menu (with...
  10. Add Power Options Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Power Options Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add Power Options Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Power Options Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information A create custom power plans that are optimized for specific computers. All users (standard and administrator) will be able to make...