Windows 10: Problem with TWINUI re downloads and I accidentally deleted Microsoft Edge and can't get...

Discus and support Problem with TWINUI re downloads and I accidentally deleted Microsoft Edge and can't get... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; 1. A Win 10 update corrupted my registry. Dell worked on it for three days. We finally had put a fresh Win 10. They told me I would not lose... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by mladyraven, Sep 22, 2018.

1. Problem with TWINUI re downloads and I accidentally deleted Microsoft Edge and can't get...

1. A Win 10 update corrupted my registry. Dell worked on it for three days. We finally had put a fresh Win 10. They told me I would not lose everything. Well, I love my Calibre Library. I was able to restore it. However, when I went to put books in instead of them downloading like that had been as a Epub book , the download gave me the option to safe with , open with TWINUI or cancel. I tried downloading with TWINUI- when I tried to open the book it said invalid directory file name invalid. I tried downloading it to Calibre.ex. That did not work. This is not how it worked before it just asked me to save to desktop or run and I saved to desktop and it was an Epub. Which I than turned into a mobi file using Calibre.

Now TWINUI is not showing up but Calibre . ex does not work either. There was no other option so I had to go back to open with TWINUI and it does not work.

2. I accidentally deleted MS Edge. I go to the download page, click on the download link it tries to download but nothing happens. Again it give me only two options open with TWINUI and or cancel.

I need to get rid of TWINUI, I don't know what it is doing, however, it is not allowing me to download MS Edge, it let me download Chrome , but not MS Edge, my books from a website I buy from that is not Amazon.

Help please, why has TWINUI taken over and how can I get rid of it. It lets me save photos off the net- re save this image, but the books and MS Edge it will not let me save. I will be having surgery in a few weeks and I am trying to get the books I had back onto my Kindle. However when I download I get that stupid TWINUI message and it downloads as a blank page with and when I try to open it says invalid directory name. It is trying to send it to my desktop ( which is what I have always done, however, NOT with my choice being TWINUI )

Help Please.

:)

mladyraven, Sep 22, 2018

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Sep 22, 2018
  3. Microsoft edge Reset Itself to Default Settings, also Class not registered errors

Hi Harrisburger,

Welcome to Microsoft community and thank you for posting your query.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you to fix the issue.

Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below methods.

Method 1.

For the issue with Microsoft Edge, I recommend you to delete browsing history, cookies and cached and check.

• Open Microsoft edge and click on () button.

• Go to settings and click on Choose what to clear
      tab under clear browsing data.

• And clear browsing history, cached and cookies.

Method 2.

For the issue with picture viewer. I would suggest you to uninstall and re-install the TWINUI and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Control Panel.

• Click on Programs and features, locate for TWINUI, right click on it and
      uninstall it.
    Hope this helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Sep 22, 2018
  4. Problem with TWINUI re downloads and I accidentally deleted Microsoft Edge and can't get...

How can I set EDGE to by default download to D:\Downloads

Hi:

I do not use Edge, but here is one suggested method (it dates from Aug 2015, but I presume the steps are still valid):

How to change the default Microsoft Edge download location - gHacks Tech News

EDIT: And here is a tutorial right here in tenforums.com:
    Microsoft Edge Downloads Folder - Change in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

HTH,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Sep 22, 2018
Thema:

Problem with TWINUI re downloads and I accidentally deleted Microsoft Edge and can't get...

1. Problem with TWINUI re downloads and I accidentally deleted Microsoft Edge and can't get... - Similar Threads - Problem TWINUI downloads

2. Accidentally Deleted Downloads folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Accidentally Deleted Downloads folder: I was trying to move my downloads folder to another position on the left navigation folder tree, and I ended up accidentally deleting it. I managed to sort of restore it, but now I have three downloads folder, two of which don't open. When I try to open them, I get a...
  3. I accidentally deleted Microsoft office

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I accidentally deleted Microsoft office: I didnt know Microsoft word was a part of Microsoft office. And i didnt use Microsoft office (atlease i thought that) but now i cant download it anymore. It says i have to pay. What should i do and how do i re-install it? And do i get the documents back then? submitted by...
  4. Delete Microsoft Edge without problems?

in Browsers and Email
    Delete Microsoft Edge without problems?: Good evening, folks. I have a question about Windows 10. Last week I had to restart the computer for new updates, which I did. So far no problem, but at startup Windows 10 installed Microsoft Edge by itself. Now I wanted to ask if I can uninstall it without any...
  5. Downloads deleted accidentally

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Downloads deleted accidentally: I have been downloading PDFs of articles I found in GenealogyBank.com newspapers for quite a while. Today for some reason all of them were deleted from the folder I had in my Downloads called Walter Ignatius Montana. How can I restore them?...
  6. TWINUI problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    TWINUI problems: Windows 10: A user account but not my administrator account got TWINUI as the standard app för pictures and music. Makes it impossible to open pictures, videos etc without using right-clicking and *Open with...' If not: "Invalid registry value". Tried to change the...
  7. TWINUI AND MICROSOFT STORE

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    TWINUI AND MICROSOFT STORE: Why Microsoft Store wants to open TWINUI TO DOWNLOAD ANY APP. NEED SOME GUIDELINESTHANS FOR COOPERATION https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/twinui-and-microsoft-store/d5810661-8158-4cea-b683-de84c7a1951f
  8. TWINUI and Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    TWINUI and Microsoft Store: I have windows 10 v1909 I go to Microsoft Store website to download app but it wants to open TWINUI application. When I let to Open it,it doesn't open. But why Microsoft Store wants to open TWINUI and what is TWINUI. Waiting for some Guidelines. Thanks for cooperation...
  9. Can't download new Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't download new Microsoft Edge: When I go to download the new Edge on Microsoft's website, I'm met with a 500 Error. It's as if the website does not exist or is taken down. Is this suppose to happen? submitted by /u/WigglyWastebin [link] [comments]...
  10. Can't download software in Microsoft Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Can't download software in Microsoft Edge: I upgraded to Windows 10 a month ago and now have the Microsoft Edge browser. Now every time I try to download a software program (anti-virus, CD burner etc) I get a message saying I'm not connected to the internet. I have tried everything! Not only can't I download anything,...