Windows 10: Problem with Windows Photo Viewer

Discus and support Problem with Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've been having a problem with "Windows Photo Viewer" or "Microsoft Photos" or "Photos" where the "Next" buttons on the sides of the image viewing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Matt_J_015, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Problem with Windows Photo Viewer

I've been having a problem with "Windows Photo Viewer" or "Microsoft Photos" or "Photos" where the "Next" buttons on the sides of the image viewing window won't appear. I can't even use the mouse scroll wheel for this function when this happens either. This problem seems to happen after I rename a somewhat long file name, but it does sometimes start functioning again after I do a restart. Also, sometimes it seems to happen for no reason whatsoever.

Does anyone know why this is happening or if there is an update that is coming soon that will fix this?

:)

Matt_J_015, Apr 29, 2020
  2. iko22 Win User

How to get rid of raw file support in windows photo viewer?

Problem with Windows Photo Viewer [​IMG]

I have downloaded this, and it did not work; photo viewer is not in the list of programs in Open With or Default App. I used option 2 step 3, followed by step 5 to 9.

iko22, Apr 29, 2020
  3. Clark Ari Win User
    photo viewer

Hi,

There are several reasons why this issue occurs, such as corrupted system file or your graphic driver needs to be updated. To isolate your issues about viewing photos in
    Windows Photo Viewer, we just have a few questions:

• Is the issue the same with a different image file format?
    • Have you tried using the Photo app to check if the issue is the same?
    • Is the issue only occurs with the photos that were captured using your DSLR camera?
    • Have you tried downloading photos online and check if the issue is the same?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, to troubleshoot your issue in using the Windows Photo Viewer, we suggest that you run the Windows apps troubleshooter. To do so, click on this
    link. If the issue still persists, we recommend that you update your graphic driver. To do this, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on this
    link.

Please post back with the result for further assistance.

Clark Ari, Apr 29, 2020
  4. Problem with Windows Photo Viewer

Unable to open pictures in Windows Photo Viewer on Windows 10.

Hello Jeff,

Thank you for keeping us updated on the query. We apologize for the delay in response.

Please reply:

• Do you have Windows Photo Viewer files on your PC?
    • Did you check if Windows Photo Viewer is present as a Default application to view photos on your PC?

I suggest you to check if Windows Photo Viewer option is present as a default application to view photos by following steps below:

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type Default programs and select the top most search result.
    • Click on the default set photo viewer application under Photo viewer and check if
      Windows Photo Viewer is present under Choose an app window.
    • If yes, click on Windows Photo Viewer, close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of the issue for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Apr 29, 2020
Thema:

Problem with Windows Photo Viewer

1. Problem with Windows Photo Viewer - Similar Threads - Problem Photo Viewer

2. Unsolved photo viewer problem.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unsolved photo viewer problem.: File system error-2147219196 I can't open photos. I tried the uninstall solution "powershell - command" and then I reinstall the app& try to open it but I still have a problem with the app. Now when I try to open the app it takes a minute and automatically close without any...
  3. Unsolved photo viewer problem.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unsolved photo viewer problem.: File system error-2147219196 I can't open photos. I tried the uninstall solution "powershell - command" and then I reinstall the app& try to open it but I still have a problem with the app. Now when I try to open the app it takes a minute and automatically close without any...
  4. windows photo viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows photo viewer: windows photo viewer can't display this picture because there might not be enough memory available on your computer close some programs that you aren't using or free some hard disk space if its almost full and then try again // just started yesterday 1/24/2022 i had some...
  5. windows 10 photo viewer problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 photo viewer problem: Hello,Recently a problem appeared with windows 10 photos app for me. If i open a photo and put it in full screen, the space of the menu bar still visible just empty, and if i scale in, it still doesn't use that place. It worked perfectly fine so far and don't know what caused...
  6. Photo viewer problem...

Photo viewer problem...: All right, I just had all of "updates" download to my computer, but when I go to my photo viewer, I cannot click to the next picture in the folder. There is no arrow button. How can I solve this problem? If there is a link, can you send it to me...thanks......
  7. Windows 10 Microsoft photo viewer problems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Microsoft photo viewer problems: I am having difficulties with the Microsoft Photo Viewer program. When I try to open various JPG files, sometimes they will open just fine but sometimes, they will not open at all. This is an intermittent problem and does not happen all the time. I have tried to uninstall and...
  8. Windows photo and photo viewer

Windows photo and photo viewer: Photo app and photo viewer app not working, please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-photo-and-photo-viewer/3b344c54-cf1c-4cf1-ab44-8bfba1ded777
  9. Photo Viewer Problem

Photo Viewer Problem: I want to open .jpg and .jpeg files in Chrome but Windows 10 will not allow me to change the default from Photo Viewer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-viewer-problem/f017446b-6fff-475b-ba75-e74db22a9341
  10. windows10 photo viewer problem

windows10 photo viewer problem: My windows10 photo viewer is constantly being filled with strange icons Whenever I try to delete them i get a message saying that I do not have permission to delete them, that one or more may be in use etc.". I have not been able to find help with my problem. I hope that you...