Windows 10: Problems after updating to Build 1903

Discus and support Problems after updating to Build 1903 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I updated my HP laptop to build 1903 on 7/12. I started 7/10 and finally got it to take two in a couple of days. It worked fine. On Friday, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by greener333, Jul 21, 2019.

1. Problems after updating to Build 1903

I updated my HP laptop to build 1903 on 7/12. I started 7/10 and finally got it to take two in a couple of days. It worked fine.

On Friday, I restarted the computer and got a "preparing windows" message. I lost every setting I had except windows password and pin. Background and lock screens went to default. I've had to reinstall some apps just to get windows to notice them, Firefox for example. I got everything back, but each time I restart the computer it goes back to the default screen.

I'm not sure if the problem was caused by Windows or an app. But if I start or restart the computer, I have to log into office, set default browser, and every other app I use.

The computer says I can't go back to a previous edition of W10 and all updates I can uninstall ran fine for several days.

Any place to look for the problem before I find out how good my Acronis backup is or do a factory reset?

Thanks

:)

greener333, Jul 21, 2019

2. Local profile issue after upgrading to 1903

Hi roblinb

Not listed in the Known.

Known issues for Windows 10 May 2019 Update version 1903

As far as Wifi any chance it is Qualcom inside USB adapter, if Qualcom then yes known issue.

I might create another user (Local) and when if try again see if this issue occurs on both users.

Would also suggest you run the first 5 steps in this tutorial to see if you have any corruption with current build.

Use DISM to Repair Windows 10 Image

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jul 21, 2019
  3. Unable to log on to NAS after build 1903 update

Everything is working fine even updating to build 1903. But after installing the updates for 1903 the problem arise.

CliffKoh78, Jul 21, 2019
  4. Problems after updating to Build 1903

1903 Build causing issues on Ryzen build

So first of all my PC was running great before I updated to this 1903 build. But decided to update cause I wanted to try out this XBL Game Pass for PC and attempts at updating with 1803 installed kept throwing some error message at me about permissions.
    So I figured I'd just do the fresh install. This is where my problems begin. Since doing this fresh install I've noticed increased instability with Windows 10 on my PC. Causing the spinning circle freeze to happen (mostly notably with chrome which worked fine
    before the update).

Attempts to use task manager completely deadlocks the PC resulting in needing to shutting down the PC. Really at a lost right now.

Steps I've taken so far:

1. Fresh install of Windows 10
    2. Checked all drivers with MSI making sure they were up to date (Refused to install the AMD raid drivers though. Said ineligible or nothing compatible when I brought up the installation)
    3. Check System File integrity through sfc /scannow (no problems)
    4. Checked my memory through Windows Memory diagnostics (no issues)
    5. Check for viruses and malware on PC (came up clean)
    6. CPU temps look fine (recently installed Kraken X62 and still staying below 60c under load with 80f room temp)
    7. My Ryzen 2600X also had it's overclock removed since updating BIOS only the default boosting is on
    8. Checked my SSD firmware and that's up to date
    9. Windows 10 1903 build completely up to date
    Any advice would be welcomed please.

Hippeus Omega, Jul 21, 2019
Thema:

Problems after updating to Build 1903

1. Problems after updating to Build 1903 - Similar Threads - Problems updating Build

2. update to build number 1903

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    update to build number 1903: i am unable to update to the latest build number as bluetooth driver out of date https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-to-build-number-1903/30ff5c50-95d6-4f3b-a69b-898282c32f85
  3. Problem with today's WU? update to 1903, build 18362.388

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem with today's WU? update to 1903, build 18362.388: At 2.30am (here) there was an attempted WU (KB4524147). And another (time unknown) for KB 4522738. One of the updates was still running at 4.58am and my screen said "Cleaning Up x% complete. Don't turn off your computer" ***. At 6.46am, the message was "KB4524147...
  4. Problems after 1903 build

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problems after 1903 build: Since update 1903, chrome broken, stops and starts & scroll has problems and toggle sound on caps lock stopped working. Settings are correct, MS Support has no clue except to back out, but update happened > 10 days. Anyone have either or both those issues?...
  5. Hibernate problem after update to 1903

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hibernate problem after update to 1903: I recently updated to Windows 10 Pro version 1903 running on a Dell Inspiron with SSD and HDD. Windows runs on the SSD. Ever since the update when I try to put the computer in Sleep (Hibernate) mode, it wakes up a few minutes later with no keystrokes, no mouse activity, and...
  6. windows freezes after installing the 1903 build update!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows freezes after installing the 1903 build update!!: Hi there, I am having trouble with my windows 10 pc after updating to the 1903 build from windows update. First of all I had emense problems trying to actually update and found it was due to a flash drive installed to my pc and on removing found that windows updated fine....
  7. USB Problem after 1903 update

USB Problem after 1903 update: Seemingly my 1093 update went through OK, maybe before the block was put on for USB connected items. I now have problems which appear related to USB. Adobe Lightroom appears to function perfectly until I attempt to import new image(s). It then hangs, even before the...
  8. Problem after the last update for 1903

Problem after the last update for 1903: Used recovery after problems after the last update for Windows 1903. I now have a laptop that opens items I have not clicked on, takes at least 4 clicks to select a box on a page and even then will uncheck it. It is almost impossible to move an item or scroll a page. The...
  9. Unable to log on to NAS after build 1903 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to log on to NAS after build 1903 update: Hi, I'm wasn't able to log onto my NAS after I did an update on Windows 10 Build 1903. When the popup window for login to the NAs shows up, I keyed in my userid and password, it will show something like the logon has terminated. I did a clean reset of Win10 and I'm able to...
  10. Problems after Windows 1903 update

Problems after Windows 1903 update: I have had a number of problems since the Windows 10 1903 update: 1. Audio problems - sometimes there is no sound when I try to listen to a video or similar. 2. I often can't watch videos. 3. The Night Light option no longer works. These are the problems that I have...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. How do I move new account that appeared after update to build 1903

2. windows 10 problems with build 1903 long load times

3. 1903 profiles taking a long time to build in the background