Windows 10: Problems printing PDF after Windows 10 update, works with Adobe but not Edge etc.

Discus and support Problems printing PDF after Windows 10 update, works with Adobe but not Edge etc. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi Many at my work have trouble printing PDF-files after the latest major Windows 10 update. It worked earlier this summer but now very many cant get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Espen Moe (emoe), Sep 9, 2019.

1. Problems printing PDF after Windows 10 update, works with Adobe but not Edge etc.

Hi

Many at my work have trouble printing PDF-files after the latest major Windows 10 update. It worked earlier this summer but now very many cant get their PDF to the printers.

The standard PDF-viewer is set to Edge after update, so all PDF-files opens up automatically in Edge and the new black-looking-printer-window appears when pressing CTRL+P to print, printer is installed correct and everything. But when users press print the file it queued at the printer but just disappear from queue without printing.

Printing other files is OK.

If i install Adobe Reader and print within Adobe the PDF-files print without problems. What ive noticed is that Adobe has its own standard white-looking-printer window instead of the black one i get in Edge and other programs.

Anyone got an explanation for this problem? Anything i can do besides get everyone to use Adobe instead?

Note: ive also tried other PDF-readers but problem is still there when the printer-windows is as it is in Edge(black-style)

:)

Espen Moe (emoe), Sep 9, 2019
  2. ddelo Win User

MS Edge does not print to Adobe PDF, following FCU

Since installing FCU, MS Edge (my default browser) does not print to “Adobe PDF”. All other apps, including ie 11, have no problem printing to the “Adobe PDF” printer. There was no problem, with Edge before FCU.
    MS Edge does print with no problem to “Microsoft Print to PDF”, to my HP LaserJet and to "Microsoft XPS Document Writer".

I already did both Repair and Reset of Edge (Settings > Apps > Microsoft Edge > Advanced Options), with no luck!

Does anyone else experience the same problem? Is there a solution to that?

And a little background:
    Windows 10 Pro x64, Version 1709 Build 16299.309
    Microsoft Edge Version 41.16299.248.0
    Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, (Classic Track) Version 2015.006.30417

Problems printing PDF after Windows 10 update, works with Adobe but not Edge etc. [​IMG]

Any idea and suggestion is most welcome!

ddelo, Sep 9, 2019
  3. Unable to print a Microsoft Edge webpage to PDF using adobe acrobat

We seem to be caught in a **** match between Microsoft and Adobe. Neither one will address the problem. I suggest you use the PDF printer that comes with Windows 10, "Microsoft Print to PDF" since it works well with EDGE.

HBeckerman, Sep 9, 2019
  4. ddelo Win User

Problems printing PDF after Windows 10 update, works with Adobe but not Edge etc.

MS Edge does not print to Adobe PDF, following FCU

First of all, a big thanks *Thumbs to @Caledon Ken for taking the time to propose a solution.

Following his recommendation, I tried both solutions offered in the adobe forum, but none of them worked:

1. https://forums.adobe.com/message/7942382#7942382 (did not work at all)
    2. https://forums.adobe.com/message/7943399#7943399 (started printing but the small page I tried to print, got stuck in the print spooler, for ever!)

So to I had to clear the print spooler and as always Shawn @Brink to the rescue, with his “Reset and Clear Print Spooler in Windows 10” tut.

Print spooler, was cleared.

Went back to my Adobe PDF printer and reset it, to what it was before trying the above recommendations:

(a) Devices and printers > Adobe PDF printer > (right click) PRINTER PROPERTIES > Advanced tab - 'Spool print documents so program finishes printing faster' and 'Start printing immediately'.

Problems printing PDF after Windows 10 update, works with Adobe but not Edge etc. [​IMG]

(b) Devices and printers > Adobe PDF printer > (right click) PRINTING PREFERENCES > Adobe PDF Settings > unchecked 'Rely on system fonts only; do not use document fonts'

Case closed!
    Apparently, the print spooler was stuck from some previous unsuccessful printing attempt and clearing it, solved the problem and now Edge prints to Adobe PDF with no problem.

I hope that helps somebody else, with the same problem.

ddelo, Sep 9, 2019
Thema:

Problems printing PDF after Windows 10 update, works with Adobe but not Edge etc.

1. Problems printing PDF after Windows 10 update, works with Adobe but not Edge etc. - Similar Threads - Problems printing PDF

2. Microsoft print to PDF not working for Adobe Elements Photoshop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft print to PDF not working for Adobe Elements Photoshop: Currently when using the Microsoft Print to PDF feature with Photoshop, the document is added to a print queue instead of allowing you to select where to save the file. Have tried Re-installing Photoshop without saving user preferences, disabling and re-enabling the feature,...
  3. Microsoft print to PDF not working for Adobe Elements Photoshop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft print to PDF not working for Adobe Elements Photoshop: Currently when using the Microsoft Print to PDF feature with Photoshop, the document is added to a print queue instead of allowing you to select where to save the file. Have tried Re-installing Photoshop without saving user preferences, disabling and re-enabling the feature,...
  4. Microsoft print to PDF not working for Adobe Elements Photoshop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Cant print to PDF with adobe reader

Cant print to PDF with adobe reader: Hi, When i am at work i try to print to PDF...but it wont do it, and just shows a box saying that my license doesnt allow me to do this. Do you know how to get round this?
  6. Microsoft Edge print to pdf problem

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge print to pdf problem: I need to save some webpages to pdf. I tried a Firefox extension Save as PDF, but that adds the company name to every page (fair enough - it's freeware). So I tried Microsoft Edge print to pdf function. Works OK, but for some reason, Edge adds a watermark of sorts 'Skip...
  7. Edge or Adobe PDF viewers?

in Browsers and Email
    Edge or Adobe PDF viewers?: From a security standpoint, if you were to pick a PDF viewer, which one would you pick out of these two only? Edge or Adobe? Only from a security standpoint and only pick Edge or Adobe only, meaning no mentioning of other 3rd party PDF programs. 134809
  8. using Windows 10 and can not print to Adobe PDF

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    using Windows 10 and can not print to Adobe PDF: In the past I could print to Adobe PDF with no problems. Recently these jobs get hung up in an error mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-windows-10-and-can-not-print-to-adobe-pdf/257f00da-78c2-431e-8639-03cc0561d925
  9. MS Edge does not print to Adobe PDF, following FCU

in Browsers and Email
    MS Edge does not print to Adobe PDF, following FCU: Since installing FCU, MS Edge (my default browser) does not print to “Adobe PDF”. All other apps, including ie 11, have no problem printing to the “Adobe PDF” printer. There was no problem, with Edge before FCU. MS Edge does print with no problem to “Microsoft Print to PDF”,...
  10. Adobe PDF & Microsoft Print to PDF?

Adobe PDF & Microsoft Print to PDF?: I've got Adobe CS5, which comes with Adobe PDF Printer, however it doesn't seem to work anymore. It prompts for a location, then does nothing. I would happily use Microsoft Print to PDF, but I can't tell it where to save the document. They are currently saved in what used...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 did not migrate my adobe pdf printer during last upgrade

2. problem printing to pdf in windows 10 edge

3. pdf works in edge but not adobe

4. problem printing pdf with w10 edge after update,
  5. i cannot print pdf from edge after w10 update,
  6. edge not pritn pdf