Windows 10: Problems trying to go back to Win7 after upgrade to Win10

Discus and support Problems trying to go back to Win7 after upgrade to Win10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm trying to rollback to Win7 after Win10 update. I've got some hardware that I want to use that's not compatible. I've tried going to recovery... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by dinki, Sep 24, 2015.

1. dinki Win User

Problems trying to go back to Win7 after upgrade to Win10

I'm trying to rollback to Win7 after Win10 update. I've got some hardware that I want to use that's not compatible.

I've tried going to recovery and 'Go back to Win7' but it's telling me I need to delete the users I've created. The problem is that I removed the original user from Win7 so it wants me to delete the two users I created with Win10. Is there another way to uninstall? I know I won't be able to delete all users and I don't know how I can recreate the original account.

I do have a backup of my windows 7 install before I upgraded. Is my license still going to work or will it be inactive due to the upgrade?

:)

dinki, Sep 24, 2015

2. Windows 10 issue with typing and drop downs

I had the same exact issue after upgrading from Win7 to Win10. Spent many hours online looking for a solution. Tried the ones listed above. No luck.

What's the point of having a new shiny OS when you can't type anything Problems trying to go back to Win7 after upgrade to Win10 :) My daughter was so mad after the upgrade since she couldn't do her homework anymore on the laptop.

This morning I reverted to . It was so easy to go , just one click and after 5mins you are . That's the only silver lining, the only good thing Microsoft had thought about while coming up with Win10. It's such a relief
    now. I can finally type.. woo hoo...

Adios Win10. See you later or NOT.

Back to Win7, Sep 24, 2015
  3. Outlook Calendar/ Contacts 'synch' with LG Windows 7 phone?

Ok, how. I thought I had everything set to synch (at least my calendar), but to get everything "up in the cloud" I went to Tools->account settings. You're saying I can make my email remain on my WORK domain by default, but change the "data files" to
    windows live (Cloud), thereby enabling my calendar and contacts to synch with the Phone (and with my other computers). I'll try it...but it would all have been much simpler with an Outlook synch option (My company doesn't use Exchange).

One remaining concern I have is what happens when I get a work invite into my calendar. If I accept it will it come from my work address or my personal address? I'm assuming it will come from my work address as that remains the default. However, I'm
    guessing I'll have to test it.

I think the one thing that is disappointing me the most is how much time I've had to spend to get this phone to work. Luckily I'm smart, because the phone isn't. It's been a real trial, and I'm starting to regret leaving my iphone. I still have a couple
    of more weeks....I really do want this to work. But it has to apply to my work and personal life (I'm not fancy enough to carry a work phone and a steppin' out phone).

Trying to Come back to MSFT, Sep 24, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Sep 24, 2015
  5. dinki Win User
    Thanks for the quick response. No these are not Microsoft accounts. I set them up as 'This user doesn't have an email address' accounts.

dinki, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Problems trying to go back to Win7 after upgrade to Win10 - Similar Threads - Problems trying Win7

2. problem upgrade from win7 to win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problem upgrade from win7 to win10: Install of Windows 10 fails in SAFE_OS during REPLICATE_OC 0x8007001F - 0x20006 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-upgrade-from-win7-to-win10/786ad7bb-b0d8-4a6f-81c1-7898c27765d8
  3. problem upgrade from win7 to win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    problem upgrade from win7 to win10: Install of Windows 10 fails in SAFE_OS during REPLICATE_OC 0x8007001F - 0x20006 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-upgrade-from-win7-to-win10/786ad7bb-b0d8-4a6f-81c1-7898c27765d8
  4. problem upgrade from win7 to win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. GO back to Win7

GO back to Win7: I have win10 currently installed on my pc. I had win7 originally installed on my pc and had updated it during the free upgrade for win10. I need to go back to Win7 now, don't ask why. I had created recovery of Win7 when i had bought the pc on 3 discs. But I don't have any...
  6. upgrade problems from win7 to win10

upgrade problems from win7 to win10: Hi, Having some issues upgrading a windows 7 system to windows 10. Ran the MS upgrade using mediacreationtool1909.exe on an older AMD processor (Athlon II X2 250 3.00ghz 32 bit) and the supporting motherboard, no other devices. It ran for awhile and then failed with this...
  7. Upgrade win7 to win10,

Upgrade win7 to win10,: when I try to upgrade my laptop from win7 to win10, I got this message "this PC can't be upgraded to windows 10 your PC isn't supported yet on this version of Windows 10. no action is needed. windows update will offer this version of windows 10 automatically once the issue...
  8. Upgrade Win7 to Win10

Upgrade Win7 to Win10: Received the following error after trying to upgrade Windows from 7 to 10. "This PC can't be upgraded to Windows 10. Your PC isn't supported yet on this version of Windows 10. No action is needed. Windows Update will offer this version of Windows 10 automatically once...
  9. Blue Screen problem after upgrading from win7 to win10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen problem after upgrading from win7 to win10: Hi, I have upgraded to windows 10 and found that the system keeps showing "blue screen" every hour. I had upgraded all drivers and no help. Please help. HarryAttachment 74535 47118
  10. Cannot Go back to Win7 from Win10

Cannot Go back to Win7 from Win10: When i navigate to settings>Recovery>Go back to Win 7, I click the "Get Started" button but nothing opens or occurs at all. I am the only account on the PC with full admin rights. Attached is a screenshot of my user list [img] 57537

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to go back to win7 after upgrading

2. after upgrading to win10 how to come back to win7