Windows 10: Problems with administration password windows 10

Discus and support Problems with administration password windows 10 in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Problem is I cannot access my Windows 10 as it wont accept my password (I had set my boot to safe mode with network) Windows 10 would not accept my... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Ian King, Mar 27, 2016.

1. Ian King Win User

Problems with administration password windows 10

Problem is I cannot access my Windows 10 as it wont accept my password (I had set my boot to safe mode with network) Windows 10 would not accept my password. I followed your advice you gave to someone, by using item four of that post. From the command prompt I can follow your instruction to the point where in the load hive box I enter REM_SAM however, I then get the error message "the process cannot access the file because it is being used by another program" are you able to advise

:)

Ian King, Mar 27, 2016

2. problems with windows 10 and google chrome

since loading windows 10 i have seen a number of frustrating issues when using google chrome which i have never had before. The most frustrating of these (i have a touch screen laptop) is if i drag the cursor over the screen it resizes either larger or
    smaller which is not what i want. Not a techie so whilst i have tried to fix it looking at other issues i have still not been successful - any ideas how i can fix this please?

windows 10 problems, Mar 27, 2016
  3. iseman888 Win User
    Windows 10 asks for administrator password

Original title: Locked out of Windows 10, with a twist...

Hi, seen a bunch of folks locked out of their computer with Windows 10. (Asking for administrator password that they never set.)

I'm experiencing the same problem, but with a twist... I disabled all my other user accounts and I activated the net user administrator account. (Was trying to move Win10 to a new SSD drive...)

After the reboot I now only see the administrator account and it's asking me for a password. (One that I never set...)

Booting to safe mode with cmd prompt, it's asking me for the administrator password... Resetting Windows, it's asking me for the administrator password...

Is there anyway to fix this?

Thank you.

iseman888, Mar 27, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Hello Ian,

Welcome to the TenForums.

I'm not clear what you were trying to do - were you trying to enable the built in administrator account using the option 4 from the tutorial on that subject?

philc43, Mar 27, 2016
  5. Ian King Win User
    Thanks for your response. I am having driver issues and was advised to boot in safe mode. I went into msconfig and then into Boot section and ticked "start in safe mode with network" I then tried to restart my computer instead of asking for my pin number it asked for my password. When I entered the password it keeps telling me that it is incorrect. I went to my microsoft account and changed my password, but still that does not work. Using a recovery file I tried to restore to an earlier time but at the end of the restore I get a message that the restore failed with this number 0x800700b7.

Ian King, Mar 27, 2016
  6. philc43 Win User
    Yes, when you use safe mode it will not accept a PIN, only a password, so you need to remember the password used when you first created your account on the PC. Changing your MS account password will not change the password associated with the safe mode account on your PC.

However, it might be better to tackle your driver issue as that is your real problem. What is the issue there?

philc43, Mar 27, 2016
  7. Ian King Win User
    I have been having problems with very slow boot up and shut down. Have checked there are no malware issues. I purchased a program from safebytes software which identified that I had sixteen very old drivers. Fter telling the program to correct, only five new drivers worked all others failed. Upon speaking to their service department, they informed me that I would need to boot up in safe mode. I have only ever had one password so was surprised when it would not accept what I entered. I searched the web and came across a thread in Ten Forums from someone who appeared to have exactly the same issue. I then tried to follow the advice as it did work for that person. Until I can access my computer I am stuck, I need a way to reset the password in my Windows 10

Ian King, Mar 27, 2016
  8. philc43 Win User

Are you using a wired network when you are trying to login with your password in safe mode with networking? If you were trying to use a wireless network this will not work in safe mode and maybe why you failed.

philc43, Mar 27, 2016
  9. Ian King Win User
    No I am using a LAN cable, but connected to a homeplug through to my modem

Ian King, Mar 27, 2016
  10. philc43 Win User
    OK so you were doing everything right. I am still not sure why you need safe mode. If you can login normally with an administrator account you should be able to install new drivers or revert back to earlier drivers without any problem. Is your normal user account an administrator type account? If so, can you login with a password?

philc43, Mar 27, 2016
  11. Ian King Win User
    I can not login normally as the computer is trying to start in safe mode (which is what I set it to do) now it wont accept my password I keep getting "password incorrect". I wish I could just start in normal mode then I could remove the safe mode startup. I need to somehow either delete the password or set a new one. Thanks for trying to help

Ian King, Mar 27, 2016
  12. philc43 Win User
    Ok, so sorry it has taken a while to get to the root of the problem - I had not realised you were stuck in a safe mode only situation.

You will need to boot into a command prompt which you can do from bootable installation media if you have either a DVD or USB version. If not you will need to use another computer where you can login as an administrator and create a recovery disk or drive and then boot from that into a command prompt window on your problem PC.

Then you can type: bcdedit /deletevalue {default} safeboot

This will restore your PC to a normal boot.

This tutorial might help if you need to create a repair disk:

https://www.windowsphoneinfo.com/threads/create-system-repair-disc-in-windows-10.8516/

philc43, Mar 27, 2016
  13. Ian King Win User

Problem solved. It was a faulty keyboard, when I changed it I was able to get in ok. Thank you for the time and effort you have given me, I certainly will create a repair disc

Ian King, Mar 27, 2016
  14. philc43 Win User
    That is great news! Please mark the thread as solved so that it is recorded.

philc43, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Problems with administration password windows 10 - Similar Threads - Problems administration password

2. administration password for windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    administration password for windows 10: Does anyone know how to change or find out their administration user account password im on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administration-password-for-windows-10/6afcfbd8-ce38-4131-adb8-d071fc6be32f
  3. administration password for windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    administration password for windows 10: Does anyone know how to change or find out their administration user account password im on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administration-password-for-windows-10/6afcfbd8-ce38-4131-adb8-d071fc6be32f
  4. administration password for windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 administrator password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 administrator password: I desperately need to either recover my Windows 10 administer password or establish a new administrator account. Right now I can't install software. I have looked online for help but haven't found anything useful. Can anyone help? Alfred Bowman...
  6. delete administrator password in windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    delete administrator password in windows 10: how do I delete the administrator password in windows 10. I don't remember creating a password as a ADM Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-administrator-password-in-windows-10/a22c4226-6f1b-4aa0-9a31-189cfc6f4430
  7. administrator password problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    administrator password problem: I cannot type administrator password, i noticed this problem when i tried to uninstall an app, and a user account control came and asked -' to continue, type an administrator password, and then click yes'. but there is no slot to enter the password and the yes option is...
  8. Windows 10 administrator password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 administrator password: I purchased an acer laptop from Staples just over a year ago, running Windows 10. I never bothered setting up a user, just the primary administrator account to login; with a very simple password. The password has never been changed, and always worked until a week ago... From...
  9. Administrator password forgot,UAC problem

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Administrator password forgot,UAC problem: So,i had windows 7 and i had an admin account there with a password that i forgot.I've installed windows 10 and my administrator account was working but a few weeks ago i've logged in with local account cause with administrator didn't let me to install spotify,so i was...
  10. Administrator password problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Administrator password problem: I was originally having problems with needing admin access to do everything, and while attempting to follow an online tutorial to fix this problen, I have landed myself in an even bigger one. On start up the computer automatically tries to log in as "administrator" rather...