Windows 10: Problems with Internet

Discus and support Problems with Internet in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi Roomies, I just pick up my old PC from the shop with a used motherboard and no internet connection. I have tried all I know and nothing. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ered, Jun 14, 2017.

1. ered Win User

Problems with Internet

Hi Roomies,

I just pick up my old PC from the shop with a used motherboard and no internet connection.
    I have tried all I know and nothing. The shop is close cause of a holiday and everything else looks like is working fine.

I must activate my Win 10 Pro again with the new hardware and that will be my next step.

Thank you.

Problems with Internet [​IMG]

:)

2. Nokia phone download problem

Hi all, I have just acquired a Nokia Lumia 625, and am trying to download Skype from the Microsoft shop. Two things happen -- either Microsoft does not recognise the password for my newly acquired account (although it does accept it when I access it from
    my PC), or I get an error code message, 8009030e. Very frustrating... Thanks for any help!

Problems with Microsoft, Jun 14, 2017
  3. start menu stopped working

Cannot get start menu to pop up. Worked till yesterday, now won't. Turned off computer and back on - still won't work

problems-problems, Jun 14, 2017
  4. Problems with Internet

TairikuOkami, Jun 14, 2017
  5. ered Win User
    @TairikuOkami, Thanks, I need to run and I will try it in 3 hours...thanks for the quick responce.

6. Samuria Win User
    Open a CMD prompt then type

Ipconfig /all

Post results

Samuria, Jun 14, 2017
  7. ered Win User

this autoconfiguration IPv4 is not mine and I don't know how to change it to normal.

8. lx07 Win User

Problems with Internet

9. ered Win User
    @lx07, mine router IP start with 198.168..ect.ect...I thing this IP was set by my PC shop and I don't know how to change it to be able to pick the one from my provider. thanks

10. lx07 Win User
    169.254.x.x means your connection is configured to get a IP from your router but can't for some reason. The link above has some ideas to check (rebooting the router etc).

If that doesn't work you could check your IP4 settings - right click on the adapter and select properties, then double click on IP4. The top picture is shows getting the IP from router (which is what I do) but you could change it to something like the bottom one and specify a static IP address - for example 192.168.1.55. Must be an IP no other device is using though.

11. Bree New Member
    Actually it should be your router that allocates you an IP address.

Open Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network Connections. Double-click on your Ethernet connection to open its Properties. Click on 'Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)' to select it, then click the Properties button, this is where a fixed IP address would have been set up. Now select 'Obtain an IP address automatically'.

12. ered Win User
    Can windows Defender block my internet connection?
    I have also tried to turn it on.

13. ered Win User

Problems with Internet

When I do all this steps and get to TCP/IPv4, there is nothing there(empty) and that's is why I'm here. Cause normally that is where I would find a fixed IP.

Mine is empty and my router is working fine and updated.

Should I buy an Ethernet Adapter PCIe to bypass all of this? I don't want to take my pc back to the for this small difficult process.

FRI--I just returned from the PC-Shop with a clean Win 10 Pro version installed and I will go now to another channel to find out how to activate my new hardware ( new motherboard and less 1 ram). So I will will clicked Solve cause my problem with internet is no longer. Thanks to ALL.

Thema:

Problems with Internet

1. Problems with Internet - Similar Threads - Problems Internet

2. Internet having minor problems after CPU and MB swap

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet having minor problems after CPU and MB swap: Recently upgraded from 13600K to 14700KF as well as changed motherboard from z690 to z790 gaming plus wifi and when I booted it up the ethernet and wifi drivers were broken no suprise there I downloaded the latest drivers from MSI website and MSI updated the rest of the...
  3. Internet having minor problems after CPU and MB swap

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet having minor problems after CPU and MB swap: Recently upgraded from 13600K to 14700KF as well as changed motherboard from z690 to z790 gaming plus wifi and when I booted it up the ethernet and wifi drivers were broken no suprise there I downloaded the latest drivers from MSI website and MSI updated the rest of the...
  4. Internet weird problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet weird problem: So I having weird problem, My connection start having RTO only when i play games. But if not playing game, everything fine https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-weird-problem/35e6b16d-4ffd-459d-9016-37c87fdf9ac1
  5. Internet weird problem

Internet weird problem: So I having weird problem, My connection start having RTO only when i play games. But if not playing game, everything fine https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-weird-problem/35e6b16d-4ffd-459d-9016-37c87fdf9ac1
  6. Internet weird problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Internet Download Speed Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Download Speed Problem: Having a problem with download speeds, they are around .75KBS at moment, speed test is telling me my Network Internet Download Speed should be 12.5MS upload .80KBS my provider is tell me that there mite be a problem but they don't seem to be able to track down what's causing...
  8. Internet Download Speed Problem

Internet Download Speed Problem: Having a problem with download speeds, they are around .75KBS at moment, speed test is telling me my Network Internet Download Speed should be 12.5MS upload .80KBS my provider is tell me that there mite be a problem but they don't seem to be able to track down what's causing...
  9. Windows 11 Application Internet Problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Application Internet Problems: A few months ago I got a new computer and everything except the internet connection seems to work perfectly. It doesn't happen all the time, but occasionally when I try to run something whether it is a game or software, the software won't properly connect to the internet. To...
  10. Windows 11 Application Internet Problems

Windows 11 Application Internet Problems: A few months ago I got a new computer and everything except the internet connection seems to work perfectly. It doesn't happen all the time, but occasionally when I try to run something whether it is a game or software, the software won't properly connect to the internet. To...