Windows 10: Problems!!!!

Discus and support Problems!!!! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This is the second time I have logged on to find I have no taskbar below. Also the Windows icon is not responsive. I still have my desktop but no icons... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pnorman, Jan 9, 2016.

1. pnorman Win User

Problems!!!!

This is the second time I have logged on to find I have no taskbar below. Also the Windows icon is not responsive. I still have my desktop but no icons below.

Also I needed to pull up a photo that had recently been sent to me. I could NOT just view it by clicking on the attachment in the email. When I did click on that attachment, the photo was immediately saved to My Pictures, which I do not want. AND when I went to view it, I could not pull it up & was timed out.

Please advise. This is frustrating.

Pam

:)

pnorman, Jan 9, 2016

2. start menu stopped working

Cannot get start menu to pop up. Worked till yesterday, now won't. Turned off computer and back on - still won't work

problems-problems, Jan 9, 2016
  3. some serious problems with nokia 6131

Thanks ! But where can I do the factory reset ?

problems---01, Jan 9, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Problems!!!!

2 suggestions :

1. Run a system file check to look for corrupt files. It will try to do repair if any found.

Right click at Start button > click Command Prompt (Admin) > at the flashing prompt, copy/paste this.......
    sfc /scannow

> press Enter.
    It will take quite sometime.
    When finished, it will give you one of the 3 reports...............(paraphrasing)
    1. No integrity violation.
    2. Found corrupt files and repair successful.
    3. Found corrupt files but unable to repair.

2. If system file check cannot help, then time to do a Repair Install.
    Back up whatever you want to keep...... just incase.
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

davidhk, Jan 9, 2016
  5. axe0 New Member
    In addition of @davidhk,

A repair install is not immediately necessary if SFC couldn't repair the problem, what IS necessary is restorehealth to repair the corrupted source of SFC so SFC can repair the problem.
    I would first run SFC, reboot and run SFC again, if SFC can't fix the error then run restorehealth and run sfc again to see if the corruption is gone.
    If there are problems with RestoreHealth, please follow step 6 or 7 (depending on the file you have from the download) from the tutorial DISM - Repair Windows 10 Image - Tutorial [/quote]

Problems!!!! [​IMG]
    Diagnostics Test
    Problems!!!! [​IMG]
    System File Check
    Please try following:
    • Open an admin command prompt
    • Copy/paste "sfc/scannow" (without quotes) and press enter
    • When it finished reboot your system
    • Open again an admin command prompt
    • Enter sfc/scannow again
    If sfc/scannow does NOT say "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violation" after the second SFC, please upload the cbs.log file located at {windows partition}\Windows\Logs\CBS\, if the file is too large try a 3rd party uploader like dropbox, onedrive, google drive, mediafire etc.
    System File Check(SFC a.k.a. Windows Resource Protection) needs to have your system rebooted in order for sfc to try to fix the problems that it finds.

axe0, Jan 9, 2016
  6. pnorman Win User
    What is an admin command prompt & where do I enter it?

As you can see, I am not the slightest bit geeky!

Thank you!

Pam

pnorman, Jan 9, 2016
  7. davidhk Win User
    I have stopped suggesting dism .... restorehealth because almost everytime I suggested that, the OP would come back with error "source files not found".
    Then I will have to ask the OP to download the ISO from Tech bench and run this
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim:H:\sources\install.wim:1 /limitaccess

I figure I'll let the OP to tell me sfc failed to repair first.

davidhk, Jan 9, 2016
  8. axe0 New Member

Problems!!!!

When you search something, search the text "command prompt" (without quotes)
    Right click 'Command Prompt' and choose 'run as Administrator'

For DISM problems I added a link to the tutorial for the ISO part *Smile

axe0, Jan 9, 2016
  9. OldMike65 Win User
    Hi Pam, your command prompt ADMIN can be found just by RIGHT clicking with your mouse on your Windows 10 Start menu, then you can select Command Prompt ADMIN *Smile

OldMike65, Jan 9, 2016
  10. davidhk Win User
    Please read my 1st reply again.

It starts with........................
    Right click at the Start button > a black/white popup box will appear ( see screenshot below ) > click Command Prompt (Admin) > then copy and paste this......

sfc /scannow

> press Enter key.

Problems!!!! [​IMG]

Problems!!!! [​IMG]

davidhk, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Problems!!!!

1. Problems!!!! - Similar Threads - Problems

2. how can i fix this problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i fix this problem: when i try to install google play games , that time not installation and show this , please help me to fix this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-fix-this-problem/edbb3d39-f6eb-4b75-836c-b74a68525676
  3. how can i fix this problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can i fix this problem: when i try to install google play games , that time not installation and show this , please help me to fix this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-fix-this-problem/edbb3d39-f6eb-4b75-836c-b74a68525676
  4. Windows 10: The Troubleshooter For Windows Updates Is NOT SOLVING The Problem Of Update Not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10: The Troubleshooter For Windows Updates Is NOT SOLVING The Problem Of Update Not...: Hello Everybody,In the past four months, I've tried over and over again, all the things I know, to solve this issue of a certain update not getting installedsince2024-01" Security Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5034441 "Every time, Win10 downloads...
  5. Windows 10: The Troubleshooter For Windows Updates Is NOT SOLVING The Problem Of Update Not...

Windows 10: The Troubleshooter For Windows Updates Is NOT SOLVING The Problem Of Update Not...: Hello Everybody,In the past four months, I've tried over and over again, all the things I know, to solve this issue of a certain update not getting installedsince2024-01" Security Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5034441 "Every time, Win10 downloads...
  6. Windows 10: The Troubleshooter For Windows Updates Is NOT SOLVING The Problem Of Update Not...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. How can I fix this audio problem?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I fix this audio problem?: Hey, there is no audio coming from my computer, when I open up volume mixer, under the applications there is no applications shown even though I got music playing and/or any game I be playing at that time.I just bought a new headset, it has a USB cord not the normal double...
  8. How can I fix this audio problem?

How can I fix this audio problem?: Hey, there is no audio coming from my computer, when I open up volume mixer, under the applications there is no applications shown even though I got music playing and/or any game I be playing at that time.I just bought a new headset, it has a USB cord not the normal double...
  9. How can I fix this audio problem?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Problems linking windows 11 licence after windows 10 upgrade.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems linking windows 11 licence after windows 10 upgrade.: I have 3 sons who have 3 windows 10 machines. They run their machines on local accounts only as they do not like having to ask me to authenticate their sign in every time. However I linked these machines to my ms account & remained linked despite running local accounts, which...