Windows 10: Profile Storage Space System Tray Icon Won't Go Away

Discus and support Profile Storage Space System Tray Icon Won't Go Away in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I have Windows 10, and have an issue that I just noticed the past week and can't get rid of it. I had a virus earlier this week,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kpddong, Aug 26, 2016.

1. kpddong Win User

Profile Storage Space System Tray Icon Won't Go Away

Hello,

I have Windows 10, and have an issue that I just noticed the past week and can't get rid of it. I had a virus earlier this week, unfortunately I forgot which one. I got rid of it using Malwarebytes. But I noticed this icon that says "Available Profile Space" in my system tray.

Profile Storage Space System Tray Icon Won't Go Away [​IMG]

The icon you see in the screenshot is in the system tray and when I double click it, this window pops up. If I try to right click it, nothing happens.

I've done some research and have found a site with an old post with a fix for this, but this fix doesn't work for me because I am assuming it worked for Windows XP, but not for Windows 10.
    [SOLVED] Profile Storage Space exceeded... - Page 2 - Tech Support Forum

I've tried this registry fix, but this hasn't helped the problem. I don't even see the key in my regedit.
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System

Can someone please assist with this?

:)

kpddong, Aug 26, 2016

2. Moving toolbars to next to System Tray with Windows 10

I have two custom toolbars on the Taskbar. With Windows 8.1, they are located in the right corner area just to left of the System Tray icons "up arrow". When I upgraded to Windows 10, there is about a 2 inch space between the toolbars and the System Tray
    icons "up arrow". How can I move the toolbars right next to the System Tray icons "up arrow" and not waste that space on the Taskbar?

Thanks to anyone who can help me out.

BarryKoopersmith, Aug 26, 2016
  3. Moving toolbars to next to System Tray with Windows 10

Syed:

Thank you for your response but the information at those links does not address the large blank space gap between the System Tray icons and the System Tray toobars.

BarryKoopersmith, Aug 26, 2016
  4. Private Win User

Hi...

Nothing to worry about, that icon was for the Roaming Profile and you are not run out of space.

What you want to do, get rid of that icon or delete that profile?

Private, Aug 26, 2016
  5. kpddong Win User
    Hi,
    Yes I would like to get rid of the icon.

kpddong, Aug 26, 2016
  6. Private Win User
    Private, Aug 26, 2016
  7. kpddong Win User
    I've just tried the How to reset notifications area icons using the batch script but it's still there. I dont even see it in my notification window settings to disable/enable.

Any other ideas?

Thanks

kpddong, Aug 26, 2016
  8. Private Win User

Did you restart your PC after using the script?

Private, Aug 26, 2016
  9. kpddong Win User
    Yes I did reboot. The Icon is still in the system tray, but is not selectable/does not show up on the notifications settings.

Is there another way to fix this? I've never seen this before until this past week and I've had my PC for over 5 years now.

kpddong, Aug 26, 2016
  10. Private Win User
    If it's not selectable and not show up any response on clicks, means it wasn't there anymore but still graphically exist might be comes from caches of prefetch or something like that. A few logins might cleared that off, same thing happens to CCleaner on cleaning the Start Menu caches, items still show up and cleared on the next login.

Honestly, I don't know much about Roaming Profile... are you connected to a Server or just a standalone PC? If the icon still exist, try the next line.

Now, according to the registry fix on your first post, it should be referring to HKLM and not HKCU. So, open the Registry Editor and navigate to the following hive:

Right click on the System folder key and export to the Desktop (for backup). Then, find and delete these value:

Private, Aug 27, 2016
  11. kpddong Win User
    I really apologize for the late response, this still doesn't work. Please see attached, i dont' see any of the values that you mentioned and I still see the issue.

I guess if it's too much of a hassle and this isn't a virus of some sort, then I should be OK leaving this here.. Just annoying since i've never seen this before in my 6 years. This is a personal standalone PC. I am the only user and administrator (1 account), so there should be no roaming profiles.

If there are any issues with having this or complications, that would be nice to know.

Profile Storage Space System Tray Icon Won't Go Away [​IMG]

kpddong, Sep 5, 2016
  12. kpddong Win User
    Just wanted to bump this. Any ideas?

kpddong, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Profile Storage Space System Tray Icon Won't Go Away - Similar Threads - Profile Storage Space

2. Windows 11 System Tray Icon Spacing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 System Tray Icon Spacing: I logged in one morning and the spacing of all the icons in my system tray has doubled. I can't recall whether there was a small Windows update that morning or not. I've searched online for a solution, but I've either found suggestion for 3rd party software no thanks or...
  3. Windows 11 System Tray Icon Spacing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 System Tray Icon Spacing: I logged in one morning and the spacing of all the icons in my system tray has doubled. I can't recall whether there was a small Windows update that morning or not. I've searched online for a solution, but I've either found suggestion for 3rd party software no thanks or...
  4. OneDrive won't go away

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive won't go away: Hey hey!So, I don't like the cloud. I don't want my stuff saved anywhere in the cyberspaces. When I got my compy fixed after my HD bit the dust, upon setting up windows again, I guess I missed the part where it asks you if you want to use OneDrive and stuff started backing...
  5. Moving away from Storage Spaces

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Moving away from Storage Spaces: I would like to migrate my disk array out of the storage space and into a better and easy to manage disk array. Planning on removing one drive at a time in SS and continue to use the actual hdds I have. Looking for advice on which raid or whatever I should use. I'm wanting...
  6. Taskbar won't go away!

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar won't go away!: Windows 10 / Version 1903 OS build 18.362.778 (64-bit version) I've been having this problem for a while. The taskbar used to occasionally, randomly and regularly stay at the bottom of the screen. It wouldn't hide itself (as it was set up to do) until I opened the Task...
  7. System Tray Icons Hiding Behind Blank Space

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System Tray Icons Hiding Behind Blank Space: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/jdbassi [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fwq5k1/system_tray_icons_hiding_behind_blank_space/
  8. System Tray Icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    System Tray Icon: I have a vision problem and the Safely Remove Icon is very hard for me to see. I would like to change the icon to something more visible. I can't seem to find it in the registry. Thank you....
  9. system tray icons

system tray icons: I received an update to Win 10 and ever since the update, I am only able to see two icons on the system tray at the same time. For example, I now have the speaker icon and the wifi "fan" icon on the system tray. I would like to also have the battery icon on like I've always...
  10. How to reduce system tray icon spacing?

How to reduce system tray icon spacing?: My Windows 10 system tray looks like http://puu.sh/jB7xz/a2efac640e.png for both large or small taskbar icons. The spacing between systray icons are larger than in previous versions of Windows. Nearly everyone's screenshots of W10 have systrays that are more like...