Windows 10: Program icons not showing properly but display a blank sheet of paper

Discus and support Program icons not showing properly but display a blank sheet of paper in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello... I have recently just built a new PC and found that my .exe files are not showing thier icons in "Explorer" but do show when I click... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Lasky, Jan 30, 2019.

1. Lasky Win User

Program icons not showing properly but display a blank sheet of paper

Hello...

I have recently just built a new PC and found that my .exe files are not showing thier icons in "Explorer" but do show when I click properties. I am not sure what is going on, but from Windows seven threads of a similar nature, it is because of the icon cache being corrupt. but this is a new installation, and cant be...

What is causing this and how do I fix it? Here is a screenshot to show what I mean...

Program icons not showing properly but display a blank sheet of paper iaCYbM6.png

Program icons not showing properly but display a blank sheet of paper DNUR4PU.png

Does anyone know what could be causing this and how to fix it?

Thanks.

:)

Lasky, Jan 30, 2019

2. On Windows 10, .zip Default Icon icon does not work so shows merely a white-blank paper sheet icon

Although .zip file association is set by CP (control panel) sucessfully to a pro application, but .zip Default Icon icon just shows merely a white-blank paper sheet icon, is it Windows 10 peculiarity ?

How to solve it ?

Help me to to fix it.. thanks in advance.

abdulbadii, Jan 30, 2019
  3. sirrus Win User
    Blank Thumbnails on Taskbar and Paper white images icon

Hi, After the recent update 1709 -- (The fall update I think) I've encounter issues with thumbnail previewer. I does not show thumbnail images but default icon instead

Program icons not showing properly but display a blank sheet of paper [​IMG]

it wasn't my first time I've encountered this, It happened same thing on every updates. So knew I'd need to rebuild icon and thumbnail cache once again so I following this steps...

Rebuild Icon Cache in Windows 10 Customization Tutorials
    Clear and Reset Thumbnail Cache in Windows 10 Customization Tutorials
    After Creators Update 2 thumbnails cache keeps auto-deleting Solved - Windows 10 Forums

After few restart, it did not solve my issues issues, It did not rebuild cache but went for worst. Now I got I got a blank icon/thumbnails on taskbar (left of screen) and it seem to happen only on windows store app (i.e. calendar, mail, photo previewer and etc..) not the third party programs.

I also have issues with images (almost most image format) showing paper white thumbnails, instead of previewer or default icon.

I cannot fathom how this happen. I've spend hours goggling for solution, done many different methods on rebuilding icon and reboot pc 50+ times. Went through recovery and rollback version. sfc /scannow DISM. virus screening, disk cleaning and etc none of it detect my issues and its driving me nuts.
    Instead of having to reset windows and reinstall many of 3rd parties program again I was hoping there are solution. Would anyone by any chance know what the issues are? Thanks in advance.

sirrus, Jan 30, 2019
  4. Program icons not showing properly but display a blank sheet of paper

My StartMenu icons turned to sheets.

Yup, as I mentioned in the original post, if I change the icon manually, it switches to the new icon properly.

However if I switch it to the original icon of the program, it turns back into a sheet. Also if I don't select a different file for the icon, but I change it to another icon from the same file (as e.g. some .exe files contain more than one icons) it switches
    to the new icon. When I change it back, it goes blank. So It only refuses to show the original icon of the given program.

FidelCastro1972, Jan 30, 2019
Thema:

Program icons not showing properly but display a blank sheet of paper

1. Program icons not showing properly but display a blank sheet of paper - Similar Threads - Program icons showing

2. Open programs Icons on taskbar don't load and show as a white paper.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Open programs Icons on taskbar don't load and show as a white paper.: Some programs like Blender and PureRef won't load the icons, they only show as white paper icons. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/open-programs-icons-on-taskbar-dont-load-and-show/9b4d0c5a-b2b2-4d53-916f-4a5e0532e7c3
  3. Trying to reset file extension icon to blank paper icon (no program default to open)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trying to reset file extension icon to blank paper icon (no program default to open): I am trying to reset my PC to have NO default program to open file type .dxf. Right now the icon is for MSpaint, and I can’t unselect a default program. I tried uninstalling paint but that didn’t work to reset icon either. Is it possible to set the blank white paper icon for...
  4. Taskbar shows opened program icons as Blank Spaces

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar shows opened program icons as Blank Spaces: Hi, After the last windows update called "Feature update to Windows 10, version 20H2" I have this issue. When I open some programs/Apps, task bar is not showing the related icon. Instead, a blank space appear in the task bar. This happened after the windows updates and I...
  5. Icon displayed as a blank white sheet and UAC overlay disappeared

Icon displayed as a blank white sheet and UAC overlay disappeared: I have a problem with a program (.exe) icon that goes wrong. This exe icon have the UAC blue/yellow shield overlay. I change the compatibility settings (run as admin, dpi to system) and now the program exe icon will not display its original icon anymore. It is now a blank...
  6. blank program icon

in Windows 10 Support
    blank program icon: groove music icon keeps disappearing and shows a blank white page. i've tried to re-install but when i restart my computer it goes blank again. anybody know how to fix this? 167138
  7. Excel quick access bar does not show the right printer icon but look like sheet paper with...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Excel quick access bar does not show the right printer icon but look like sheet paper with...: Excel quick access bar does not show the right printer icon but look like sheet paper with magnifying glass on it. Would like to show printer icon? I am running Excel 2010 and don't know why it changes. Word shows the second ICON Right but not Excel. It shows [ATTACH]...
  8. Desktop icons are a blank sheet?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icons are a blank sheet?: Hello, my desktop icons are just a blank sheet of paper, when I try to open them I have to select something I want to open it with. There is then only Paint etc.. Request for help LG Desktop Icons sind ein leeres Blatt?
  9. Icons for certain programs showing up blank

Icons for certain programs showing up blank: I have 2 programs whose icons suddenly stopped showing. It's both on old shortcuts, new shortcuts and the .exe file in itself as well, so even though I change the shortcut icon, the main icon still stays blank. The 2 programs are CEMU (Wii U emulator) and Assassin's Creed...
  10. Program icons not showing properly but display a blank sheet of paper

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Program icons not showing properly but display a blank sheet of paper: Hello... I have recently just built a new PC and found that my .exe files are not showing thier icons in "Explorer" but do show when I click properties. I am not sure what is going on, but from Windows seven threads of a similar nature, it is because of the icon cache being...