Windows 10: Provisioning turn '5' failed with '0x80002'

Discus and support Provisioning turn '5' failed with '0x80002' in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Good morning to all, Ever since I successfully installed the Anniversary Update to Windows 10, I keep getting the above error code in the Event... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DavidTaylor, Oct 2, 2016.

1. Provisioning turn '5' failed with '0x80002'

Good morning to all,

Ever since I successfully installed the Anniversary Update to Windows 10, I keep getting the above error code in the Event Viewer after about 10 minutes of idle on my laptop. (Asus K50 IJ). This error code only logs once after a reboot or after a complete shutdown and power up. All drivers are up to date and this problem was never logged prior to the Anniversary Update. I have not experienced any crashes or BSOD's. This also occurs on my other laptop (Asus K52F). I would appreciate some assistance.

Best Regards,
    David

:)

DavidTaylor, Oct 2, 2016

2. Anyone got internet sharing working on their Verizon HTC Trophy?

Had the same issue after the internet sharing update. Turns out the feature didn't automatically provision on my phone. To get the feature turned on, just call vzw support and they will have to manually provision it. Worked for me.

JoshuaIiams, Oct 2, 2016
  3. online electronic parts catalog/Java Runtime Environment doesn't work with windows 10/edge

The message I get when I try to launch the epc (via java runtime environment) is:

Do you want to make changes to this computer?

Provisioning Package Runtime Processing Tool

If I say no, the window closes

If I say yes, I get the following error message:

Provisioning failure

Installation of a provisioning package failed. Please work with the package author to diagnose the problem.

Report error code: 0x80070057

Thanks,

Deb

DebraHobbs, Oct 2, 2016
  4. EdTittel Win User

Provisioning turn '5' failed with '0x80002'

Are you sure that's the complete error code? These days most Windows error codes are 8 digits or so. If your code is indeed correct, it falls in the low to middle end of the system error code range and may indicate system file corruption or errors. Your best bet is to run sfc /scannow and if that comes up clean, dism /online /cleanup-image /checkhealth. Post your results here, and confirm the error code value, and we can proceed further.
    HTH, thanks, and good luck! Weird that this problem happens only under certain circumstances, given the error code provided...
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Oct 2, 2016
  5. Holy crap... so sorry... The Error is 0x80070002... I am so sorry for the typo..

I tried the sfc /scannow and dism ... neither found any problems...

Regards,
    David

DavidTaylor, Oct 3, 2016
  6. EdTittel Win User
    OK, then, that actually helps! This error code is traditionally associated with Windows Update problems. There's a tutorial here on this topic, though you should probably try the built-in troubleshooter first. Type "trouble" into your search box/Cortana/... then select the Troubleshooting item that appears (or, go into control panel and select Troubleshooting there). Click on the item that says "Fix problems with Windows Update." If it works, good! If not consult the tutorial. If that fails, it's probably time for an in-place upgrade.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Oct 3, 2016
  7. haxzion Win User
    I am having the same exact error. Provisioning turn '5' failed with '0x80002'
    sfc /scannow and dism came out clean.
    I've set in group policy to manually download and install updates and i have disabled the windows update service which never gave me any errors in previous versions.I manually turn on the service when i wanna update and that's the only way i do it.

haxzion, Oct 5, 2016
  8. EdTittel Win User

If the manual or troubleshooter based methods don't work, I'm not aware of any options other than an in-place upgrade to get Win10 chugging back along properly again. In all my thread reading of late, haven't seen anything else, either. So sorry!
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Oct 5, 2016
  9. haxzion Win User
    i found the curlprit...
    it's a scheduled task under \Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate called "Scheduled Start"
    Now here is the interesting part, i tried editing the task and even deleting it but eventually the task resets itself every couple of hours and then i get the "Provisioning turn '5' failed with '0x80002"
    I even tried changing permissions in registry for the specific task and even those changes get reset.

14-10-2016 Fixed: Error stopped after Cumulative Update KB3194798

haxzion, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Provisioning turn '5' failed with '0x80002' - Similar Threads - Provisioning turn '5'

2. Provisioning Windows Driver Kit fails due to unclear error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Provisioning Windows Driver Kit fails due to unclear error: I am trying to set up a "target" PC for Windows kernel driver deployment and debugging, and have meticulously followed all the steps here and here.I am at the Provisioning step now and am trying the automatic Provisioning in Visual Studio, like so: It fails with the following...
  3. Login Error: Failed to provision device, internal service error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login Error: Failed to provision device, internal service error: Just opened my new Windows 11 laptop and trying to install a program. I get this error:Login Error: Failed to provision device, internal service error How do I fix this???...
  4. provisioning failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    provisioning failure: installation of a provisioning package failed. please work with the package author to diagnose the problem error code 0*80070075 please help me on this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/provisioning-failure/c0293a0f-35a8-4314-b2d9-c64b4619be31
  5. provisioning failure

provisioning failure: installation of a provisioning package failed. please work with the package author to diagnose the problem error code 0*80070075 please help me on this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/provisioning-failure/c0293a0f-35a8-4314-b2d9-c64b4619be31
  6. provisioning failure

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. provisioning failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    provisioning failure: how do I fix provisioning failure error 0x80070057 downloading files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/provisioning-failure/ffba8151-4274-4ca8-b04d-ca6eeac490ee
  8. Sysprep fails because of non-provisioned appxpackage

Sysprep fails because of non-provisioned appxpackage: I have installed Windows 10 on a new computer. On this computer I have just install driveres, but one driver also installs an app. When I sysprep the system it fails because the app is not provisioned for all users. How do I provision that app for all users so I can run...
  9. Provisioning package fails to install

Provisioning package fails to install: Hello I have setup a test machine with all the settings and apps I need, I have then created a provisioning package Called 'capturedSettings' using the ICD but when I try to install it I get the following error I use the following tutorial on this website to use the...
  10. Provisioning turn '5' failed with '0x80070002'

Provisioning turn '5' failed with '0x80070002': Hi everyone, I am reposting this issue, since I accidentally blundered on the actual error code. The above is a copy/paste from my event viewer... Please advise.. Thank you in advance for any suggestions. David Taylor...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. installition of a provisioning package failed please work with the package author to diaganose the problem . how can we solve this problem in windows 10

2. Provisioning failure. Installation of a provisioning package failed. Please work with the package author to diagnose the problem. Reported error code: 0x80070005. This is the error when we try to provision on 1903

3. format error 0x80002

4. installation of a provisioning package failed. please work with the package author to diagnose the problem. reported error code: 0x80070005,
  5. Profile format error 0x80002 ,
  6. Provisioning turn 5 failed with 0x80070002.,
  7. event id 32 provisioning turn failed with 5