Windows 10: Question on Downloading the Windows 10 ISO file

Discus and support Question on Downloading the Windows 10 ISO file in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I used the following tutorial to download the current Windows 10 iso file using the Media Creation Tool Download Windows 10 ISO File I followed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sportsfan148, Jun 23, 2019.

1. Question on Downloading the Windows 10 ISO file

Hi, I used the following tutorial to download the current Windows 10 iso file using the Media Creation Tool
    Download Windows 10 ISO File
    I followed everything exactly using Option One for Windows 10 Home. The questions I have relate to point 9.

9. Select where you would like to save the ISO file to, type in a name you want for the ISO file, and click/tap on Save.
    So I selected to save the ISO to my Documents folder and I named the ISO Windows 10 1903. Because the tutorial then said after doing that to just click/tap on Save. That's exactly what I did. However, the screenshot in the tutorial shows ISO File (*.iso) as the Save as type . But for me it showed Disc Image file. Should I have somehow changed that to ISO File (*.iso) ? I left it as what was shown as the default which was Disc image file. Was that OK?
    I've never changed what is shown in that Save as type box whenever Ive done any download. I always just leave it to whatever it defaults to. Im not even sure what that Save as type box is really used for

:)

sportsfan148, Jun 23, 2019
  2. Luka KLLP Win User

Finding .IMG or .ISO file in Windows 8.1 Pro download

Hey guys,

In preparation for my new PC I downloaded Windows 8.1 Pro from Dreamspark, and I wanted to burn it to a DVD, so I can install it on the new PC.
    However, in the downloaded files I can't find a .IMG or .ISO file anywhere. I understood that the .IMG file is the one you need to burn to the DVD?

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Luka KLLP, Jun 23, 2019
  3. Downloading ISOs for Windows 7, 8.1, 10

If you need to get your hands on official Microsoft ISOs for Windows 7, 8.1, or 10, check out this utility:

Microsoft Windows ISO Download Tool

This new tool allows an easy and comfortable way to download genuine Windows 7, 8.1 and 10 disk images (ISO) directly from Microsoft's servers.

Ever since Microsoft pulled the Windows disk images from Digital River, hunting for untouched ISO files has been a pain. Our new tool will make your life easier, and provides and interface to Microsoft TechBench to download original Windows images directly from Microsoft's server.

Microsoft Windows and Office ISO Download Tool
    It can access many different editions and languages. Very handy.

Static~Charge, Jun 23, 2019
  4. puma99dk| Win User

Question on Downloading the Windows 10 ISO file

Downloading ISOs for Windows 7, 8.1, 10

The one @Liquid Cool actually linked gives u a Microsoft.com link for a iso file (or it does for Windows 7).

puma99dk|, Jun 23, 2019
Thema:

Question on Downloading the Windows 10 ISO file

1. Question on Downloading the Windows 10 ISO file - Similar Threads - Question Downloading ISO

2. iso file download

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    iso file download: hi! i have been stuck on bsod and i’m pretty sure the only available option is for me to download the iso file for windows. is there any possible way i could download it on my phone or ipad because i don’t have any other computers i could borrow or anything?...
  3. Questions regarding the Windows 10 ISO file

Questions regarding the Windows 10 ISO file: Yes yes indeed! I want to download the Windows 10 ISO file. Question: when I do that, does it download the full install, so when ever I need to do an In-Place repair, I don't have to download the whole thing all over again? Also, can I install this on another Drive other...
  4. Question on Downloading the Windows 10 ISO file

Question on Downloading the Windows 10 ISO file: Hi, I used the following tutorial to download the current Windows 10 iso file using the Media Creation Tool Download Windows 10 ISO File I followed everything exactly using Option One for Windows 10 Home. The questions I have relate to point 9 which says -: 9. Select where...
  5. Windows 10 ISO: file system question

Windows 10 ISO: file system question: Hi, I don't want and I never used the "media creation tool". I Always donwload the ISO and then I usually put it in a dvd and in some pendrives. But, I Always have some doubts that I want to clarify forever, if you can help me. We have a WINDOWS 10.ISO (latest...
  6. Windows 10 ISO Question

Windows 10 ISO Question: My question is if the Win 10 ISO thumb drive you create to do a fresh install usable to install Win 10 on another PC? I had Win 7 Pro on my old PC. I did the Win 10 upgrade. Then did the fresh install using the ISO. I had already built a new gaming machine with Win 7 Pro...
  7. ISO file question

ISO file question: A few weeks ago, I created a Windows 10 recovery DVD, using the media creation tool. Since then, Microsoft has installed several Windows 10 updates. Is the ISO file updated with the most recent updates? If it's updated, how often is it updated? Is it wise every so often to...
  8. Windows 10 iso file download?

Windows 10 iso file download?: Hi guys. I know this has been discussed before, but please help a guy out *Smile I'm dealing with some app deadlines. Can you give me the direct download link for the win10 latest update iso? I have all the necessary activation codes etc, Thanks a lot,...
  9. Windows 10 Iso question

Windows 10 Iso question: Hi, Ive just created a bootable Windows 10 USB flash drive using the Media Creation Tool. Everything went great with the installation...so thanks to you guys for all the advice I received :-) I was curious to see how old the ISO was that I'd downloaded. When I checked the...
  10. Download Windows 10 ISO File

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Download Windows 10 ISO File: How to: Download Windows 10 ISO File How to Download Official Windows 10 ISO file from Microsoft If you need to install or reinstall Windows 10, you can use the Media Creation Tool from Microsoft to download a Windows 10 ISO file that you can use to create your own...