Windows 10: Quick acces - can't delete shortcut to deleted folder

Discus and support Quick acces - can't delete shortcut to deleted folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I added a folder to quick access in explorer. But after I deleted that folder I am unable to delete the item in quick access? *sarc 39707 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by huuub, Feb 3, 2016.

1. huuub Win User

Quick acces - can't delete shortcut to deleted folder

I added a folder to quick access in explorer. But after I deleted that folder I am unable to delete the item in quick access? *sarc

:)

huuub, Feb 3, 2016

2. Change taskbar icon?

You can change the icons for Pinned taskbar shortcuts from this folder:

%Appdata%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar

(Type that in Explorer address bar, or Run dialog.)

For Windows installer shortcuts the target can't be changed. In that case, you need to delete the existing shortcut and create a new shortcut for that program manually, and then Pin it to Taskbar.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Feb 3, 2016
  3. CJmz73 Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

I didn't move the folder, only pinned it to QUICK ACCESS and now the files are gone. I can find the shortcut but it says the files have been moved and to delete the shortcut. I haven't deleted the shortcut and have searched everywhere for my files.

And it has not been 31 days since i UPGRADED!

CJmz73, Feb 3, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Feb 3, 2016
  5. huuub Win User
    No... *Smile That is not an option in the right click menu. You can easaly test it. Make a shortcut in the quick access, after that, delete the original folder...

huuub, Feb 3, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    When you delete the source, it should automatically be removed from Quick access.

Please go ahead and post a screenshot showing this item in Quick access with its context menu open to see what the issue may be.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...en-forums.html

Brink, Feb 3, 2016
  7. huuub Win User
    Quick acces - can't delete shortcut to deleted folder [​IMG]

huuub, Feb 3, 2016
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

How about from within the main window of quick access?

Brink, Feb 3, 2016
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I've never seen a folder pinned to Quick access have an option to expand in the navigation pane though.

Please go ahead and post a full screenshot showing this inside Quick access to see if it may reveal anything.

Brink, Feb 3, 2016
  10. huuub Win User
    It is really the same... Items that exist, I can unpin. The 2 that are deleted, not anymore.
    Screenshot would reveal nothing more...

huuub, Feb 3, 2016
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Without a screenshot to rule out stuff, this is just guess work.

In that case, you might see if creating a new folder with the same name at the source location may allow you to remove it from Quick access.

Did you already see if restarting the computer may clear it?

Brink, Feb 3, 2016
  12. huuub Win User
    Ok, after recreating the original folder I was able to delete the quick access folder. Still some kind of bug, but at least solved! Thanks for helping!!!

huuub, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Quick acces - can't delete shortcut to deleted folder - Similar Threads - Quick acces can't

2. Can shortcuts to folders be deleted without deleting the folders?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can shortcuts to folders be deleted without deleting the folders?: I turned on my laptop this morning and two shortcuts were on the desktop to file folders. When I deleted them, the folders themselves were also deleted. I was able to restore them from recycle, but the shortcuts were also restored. Can I get rid of these shortcuts while...
  3. Can shortcuts to folders be deleted without deleting the folders?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can shortcuts to folders be deleted without deleting the folders?: I turned on my laptop this morning and two shortcuts were on the desktop to file folders. When I deleted them, the folders themselves were also deleted. I was able to restore them from recycle, but the shortcuts were also restored. Can I get rid of these shortcuts while...
  4. Can shortcuts to folders be deleted without deleting the folders?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. CAN'T DELETE A FOLDER IN QUICK ACCESS IN FILE EXPLORER

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    CAN'T DELETE A FOLDER IN QUICK ACCESS IN FILE EXPLORER: Hi... I'm using a Dell laptop with Windows 10 Pro which is up todate. I have a folder listed in the Quick access list under My PC which no longer exists and I can't remove it or delete it.Does anyone have any idea as to how I can remove / delete the entry ?thanks B.E....
  6. CAN'T DELETE A FOLDER IN QUICK ACCESS IN FILE EXPLORER

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CAN'T DELETE A FOLDER IN QUICK ACCESS IN FILE EXPLORER: Hi... I'm using a Dell laptop with Windows 10 Pro which is up todate. I have a folder listed in the Quick access list under My PC which no longer exists and I can't remove it or delete it.Does anyone have any idea as to how I can remove / delete the entry ?thanks B.E....
  7. CAN'T DELETE A FOLDER IN QUICK ACCESS IN FILE EXPLORER

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. can't delete desktop shortcuts

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    can't delete desktop shortcuts: [ATTACH] everytime i try to delete something it says "item not found" and turning into a globe https://preview.redd.it/394w025d6yp61.png?width=84&format=png&auto=webp&s=c967e10948be142ae9ebbf7ae8b96ef61135c10b submitted by /u/xander1090 [link] [comments]...
  9. Delete acc

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Delete acc: Hello, im sing in with my acc to my friends pc and i don't now how to delete that acc from his computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-acc/191910e1-1bd6-405f-9bf5-668b06c5c8bb
  10. delete microsoft acc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    delete microsoft acc: i use my acc to repair laptop, how i delete my acc from it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-microsoft-acc/40bb0d97-7b66-4ee5-b3ae-f8468c954582"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant delete folder from quick access

2. delete pinned files in quick access