Windows 10: quick scan not running automatically

Discus and support quick scan not running automatically in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My laptop with windows s keeps telling me I need to run a quick scan. Why doesn't this run automatically? It always says quick scan due, but never... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JamesRauch, Nov 22, 2019.

1. quick scan not running automatically

My laptop with windows s keeps telling me I need to run a quick scan. Why doesn't this run automatically? It always says quick scan due, but never runs.

:)

JamesRauch, Nov 22, 2019
  2. Steve C Win User

Can You Run Defender Quick Scans Automatically?

All my PCs routinely show a yellow marker on the Defender tray icon nagging me that a Quick Scan is due. Is there a way of configuring Defender to run these Quick Scans automatically when due?

Steve C, Nov 22, 2019
  3. Crizal Win User
    Can You Run Defender Quick Scans Automatically?

Ever since the Windows 10 Anniversary Update a few years ago, Defender's ability to run its automatic quick scan has been broken for most users, resulting in an 0x2 error. It's been well documented that Microsoft's been aware of the problem but has never issued a fix. MS has had two responses -- either run a manual scan or create a custom task. The following TenForums link shows how to create a task for scanning at a time and frequency you want. Hope this helps.

Schedule Scan in Windows Defender Antivirus in Windows 10

Crizal, Nov 22, 2019
  4. quick scan not running automatically

Quick Scan runs automatically whilst running Full Scan and aborts Full Scan

I have made several separate attempts to run a Full Scan using Windows Defender on Windows 10 but it has been aborted after running a long time, today for 3 and 1/2 hours. It seems that this has been caused because a Quick Scan has run automatically and
    interrupted the Full Scan. How can I prevent this from happening?

DWH at LotS, Nov 22, 2019
Thema:

quick scan not running automatically

1. quick scan not running automatically - Similar Threads - quick scan running

2. Issue when running Quick scan

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Issue when running Quick scan: It told me to click to do a quick scan and I did it it loads and loads and it will not stop any thing I can do to make it stop loading or finish what its doing way faster.[Original Title: virus scanner]...
  3. W10 Pro Quick Scan indicates to run a Quick Scan again

W10 Pro Quick Scan indicates to run a Quick Scan again: In Windows 10 Pro x64 19043.1202, each time I run a virus scan, it keeps showing "Last scan: Not available" and the yellow indicator remains present on that I need to run another scan.How can this get corrected? This was working great until one of the recent updates...
  4. Quick Scan runs forever

Quick Scan runs forever: Quick Scan isn't working properly.It just runs for hours and never completes.[Original Title: Quick Scan] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/quick-scan-runs-forever/208a09ed-7fa1-4f41-a410-9b688e2b8bd0
  5. Unable to run quick scan on window defender.

Unable to run quick scan on window defender.: i have the attached error message. can someone knows how to fix it guide me on this please. have to say that i am noob with this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/unable-to-run-quick-scan-on-window-defender/424e0795-0bde-4795-8e4f-bc30cff9f987
  6. Defender Quick Scan runs all the time.

Defender Quick Scan runs all the time.: Split from this thread. Im having the same problem quick scan just runs and runs, I update windows pretty much everytime I start up. it appears to be up to date...
  7. Quick Scan won't run

in Windows 10 Customization
    Quick Scan won't run: I'm trying to run Quick Scan but doesn't seem to run, and where do you go to set a scan schedule? Went to Microsoft>Task Scheduler but every page is grayed-out. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-scan-wont-run/deac5c0d-5815-486f-b4dd-b1271862d2d1
  8. Can only run a quick scan

Can only run a quick scan: When I try to run a complete or custom scan neither one finishes, my computer shuts down. Is there anyway I can run either of these without computer shutting down? Thanks Bob...
  9. Can You Run Defender Quick Scans Automatically?

Can You Run Defender Quick Scans Automatically?: All my PCs routinely show a yellow marker on the Defender tray icon nagging me that a Quick Scan is due. Is there a way of configuring Defender to run these Quick Scans automatically when due? 135489
  10. Windows security Quick Scan not running

Windows security Quick Scan not running: Ran a full scan a week ago then tried to go back to quick scan today. Quick scan will not run. Shows 35 hours to complete whatever scan is running. I canceled it and tried again, still no quick scan....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. quick scan due windows 10 s mode

2. windows 10 quick scan not running