Windows 10: quiet mode notification bug?

Discus and support quiet mode notification bug? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, Whenever I start my PC the notification icon has a circle with a line through it? It says quiet hours if off, when I toggle it on and off again... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by wrogg, Aug 4, 2015.

1. wrogg Win User

quiet mode notification bug?

Hi,
    Whenever I start my PC the notification icon has a circle with a line through it?
    It says quiet hours if off, when I toggle it on and off again the circle with line goes?
    Is this a bug or am I missing something?
    Cheers

:)

wrogg, Aug 4, 2015
  2. Therolyte Win User

I want to disable "Something happened, and we couldn't install a feature" notifications

I'm not sure if you found a solution yet. I've had trouble finding one myself. I resorted to putting my windows 10 into "quiet" mode and turning off all notifications other than programs I use most frequently.

Quiet mode can be achieved by right clicking the notification icon on the bottom right (if your taskbar is horizontal on the bottom) and selecting "Quiet hours".

Notification settings can be found by right clicking the same notification icon and going to action center. Then right clicking the oh-so-annoying "Something happened" notification and selecting "Go to notification center".

Alternatively you can go into your start menu and search "notifications & action settings".

If you have already figured it out on your own then hopefully someone else will find this useful.

(Note that if you put yourself in quiet mode it will probably override other notifications that you have. So just disabling notifications in the settings should suffice.)

Therolyte, Aug 4, 2015
  3. my notification icon has a small circle with a line in it. what does that indicate? On windows 10.

The small circle with the line through it means you have the notifications running in silent mode [Quiet hours].

If it's showing but you aren't in 'quiet hours' it's probably just a small bug that will be sorted out eventually.

If it bothers you, just click on the notification icon in the task bar and click Quiet hours to turn it on, then click it again to turn it of and it will go.....

MyOnlineBio.me, Aug 4, 2015
  4. LarryWind Win User

Same problem here

LarryWind, Aug 8, 2015
  5. robo26 Win User
    For me it was my internet security suite, Bitdefender to be precise. Bitdefender has an option for profiles, different profiles for different scenarios, standard, work, gaming etc. In anything other than standard, the notifications have the circle with the line through it. I have also noted a similar problem with Iolo system mechanic.

robo26, Aug 8, 2015
  6. I'm seeing the same issue, after a few reboots it toggles back, but every so often it will show the icon incorrectly again.
    It did it to me even right after a fresh install, with no other software installed.

cspencerjr, Aug 10, 2015
  7. jds63 Win User
    jds63, Aug 11, 2015
  8. jds63 Win User

All i find either on or off for now, for me that circle with line comes up, if i click quiet hours and click it again it goes away, but mine does show it is off. As said can be possibly triggered by some other application on your system.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...dows-10-a.html

jds63, Nov 9, 2015
  9. I thought I read somewhere that the update this week fixed a lot of "under the hood" items? I don't think the "Quiet Hours" bug was one of them. I've never left mine on to see how long it would keep the computer quiet, but do know that it starts quiet hours every day at 6pm. Very weird. Must be a low-priority bug on the Microsoft list.

AllenChicago, Nov 19, 2015
  10. I don't know how or why, but the IE-10 FLASH update on 1.4.2016 fixed my quiet hours bug. It hasn't occurred a single time since that update. It's nice to be able to report some good news for a change, LOL.

AllenChicago, Jan 6, 2016
  11. MUGEN02 Win User
    My PC defaults to Quiet Hours ON when I restart it. Turning it ON/OFF fixes it and it stays turned off until the next restart.

MUGEN02, Mar 31, 2016
  12. Just to update, it is very infrequent for me now.
    Not sure about Mugen02's case.

FlyingTitan, Mar 31, 2016
  13. MUGEN02 Win User

Mine does this after every restart.

MUGEN02, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. quiet mode notification bug? - Similar Threads - quiet mode notification

2. High gpu usage on quiet mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High gpu usage on quiet mode: So on my leigon 5i when i put my power plan to quiet mode my gpu usage goes to like 60% but when it is on balanced mode it is 20% is that normal for the laptop to do that....
  3. High gpu usage on quiet mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High gpu usage on quiet mode: So on my leigon 5i when i put my power plan to quiet mode my gpu usage goes to like 60% but when it is on balanced mode it is 20% is that normal for the laptop to do that....
  4. Windows 11 notifications bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 notifications bug: Hey,I have been noticing lately, that my notification center is bugged.I receive notifications from all apps that I have installed, except for Discord.There, the notification pops up and as soon as it slides to the right, the notification area buggs, the little "1" icon...
  5. Windows 11 notifications bug

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 notifications bug: Hey,I have been noticing lately, that my notification center is bugged.I receive notifications from all apps that I have installed, except for Discord.There, the notification pops up and as soon as it slides to the right, the notification area buggs, the little "1" icon...
  6. Windows notifications are two quiet

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows notifications are two quiet: Hello, Is there any way to increase the volume of windows notifications? My system sound is set to 100% but the notifications are two quiet especially if music is playing on the pc and all other volume is fine. I am basically looking for a way to have outlook notifications be...
  7. "Your notifications will remain quiet while you're in full screen mode" but I'm not in full...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Your notifications will remain quiet while you're in full screen mode" but I'm not in full...: So I updated my laptop with the latest Windows 10 update about three days ago. Yesterday I noticed that I was getting the "your notifications will remain quiet while you're in full screen mode" in action center several times a day which has never happened to me. It pops up...
  8. Windows 10 Notification Bug

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Notification Bug: Whenever I click any of my notifications, nothing happens and the notification goes away. I found a thread with someone having the same issue as mine and many people listed fixes for the bug. I tried every single fix listed in the thread but nothing seemed to work at all....
  9. New quiet notification requests in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    New quiet notification requests in Microsoft Edge: Earlier this year, we met with users to understand how they felt about permissioned web features, such as requests to send notifications or access the camera or microphone. The individuals we spoke with made it clear they find notification requests bothersome and...
  10. How to kill "Your notifications will remain quiet" notification?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to kill "Your notifications will remain quiet" notification?: I know Microsoft is an irony in itself. Since I've been forced to upgrade to whatever-the-f-it's-now version of Windows 10, I've been annoyed daily by this thing that displays 1 by the clock: [ATTACH] and if I click on it, it shows this: [ATTACH] That reads: Your...