Windows 10: Random BSOD - Unexpected Storage Exception

Discus and support Random BSOD - Unexpected Storage Exception in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; While I was on youtube the other day, a random BSOD appeared saying "Unexpected Storage Exception", this is the first time I've ever seen this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by lonelylunar, Nov 10, 2015.

1. Random BSOD - Unexpected Storage Exception

While I was on youtube the other day, a random BSOD appeared saying "Unexpected Storage Exception", this is the first time I've ever seen this particular BSOD, but since seeing this error my computer will no longer boot up. The only thing it says when I try to boot it up is "Select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key". I have two drives in my pc, a 240 gb PNY ssd that houses my OS and a 2tb seagate hdd, I took out the ssd and put it into an external inclosure to see if the drive had crashed but it shows up on my laptop and doesn't appear to have crashed, so I'm unsure on what to do next.

:)

lonelylunar, Nov 10, 2015

2. RANDOM BSOD UNEXPECTED STORE EXCEPTION

help.... i got this everytime cold boot once and sometime twice after that the system run okay....

it's anoying

here the DMP file

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AiPqymsC0VC3klZm1dxnwzIsI2eO

fisalsatria, Nov 10, 2015
  3. fisalsatria, Nov 10, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member
  5. How am I supposed to do that if the computer doesn't boot up?

lonelylunar, Nov 11, 2015
  6. axe0 New Member
  7. my laptop has win8, will that link work with 8?

8. axe0 New Member

Random BSOD - Unexpected Storage Exception

It is a tutorial for creating recovery media
    A tutorial for creating installation media for Windows 10: Windows 10 - Clean Install - Windows 10 Forums
    Doesn't matter what OS you're running in the case of creating installation media

Random BSOD - Unexpected Storage Exception [​IMG]
    Note It is used for installing, but could also be used for repairing

9. The recovery drive page says that in order to make a recovery drive fr win10 it needs to be made on win10, which I don't have access to. Also there's no way for me to do a clean install of win10 as I upgraded for free and do not have a product activation key.

10. axe0 New Member
    I am not asking you to do a clean install, but to use the installation media as recovery.

11. Sorry for not betting back to you sooner.

I made the win10 recovery usb and ran a diagnosis on boot problems, it popped up with a screen that said:

Your pc needs to be repaired.

The boot configuration data file doesn't contain valid information for an operating system.

File:\Boot\BCD Error Code: 0x0000098

lonelylunar, Nov 13, 2015
  12. axe0 New Member
  13. Random BSOD - Unexpected Storage Exception

Alright, after opening the repair my pc setting in the win10 setup thing from the usb, I go into:

troubleshoot\advanced options\start up repair - all it says is "startup repair couldn't repair your pc" and has a "log file:" section but has no log files and just refers me back to the advanced options.

troubleshoot\advanced options\system restore - it pops up an error screen saying "to use system restore you must specify which windows installation to restore. restart this computer, select an operating system and then select system restore"

troubleshoot\advanced options\system image recovery - it says it cant find an image to restore from, which was to be expected since I had had an image to recover with.

troubleshoot\advanced options\go back to the previous build - it saysit ran inot a problem and cannot take me back to the previous build and suggests resetting the pc.

troubleshoot\advanced options\command prompt - when entering the prompt I type "cd boot" and it comes back with "the system cannot find the specified path. so that didnt do anything either.

the only thing I haven't tried is resetting the pc, but I only want to try that as a last resort, is there anything other suggestions you have or is a reset my only option?

14. axe0 New Member
    Is the rebuilding of the boot files also tried?

15. if you mean through the command prompt then yes, it's the second to last one in my last post where it says:

"troubleshoot\advanced options\command prompt - when entering the prompt I type "cd boot" and it comes back with "the system cannot find the specified path. so that didnt do anything either."

Thema:

Random BSOD - Unexpected Storage Exception

1. Random BSOD - Unexpected Storage Exception - Similar Threads - Random BSOD Unexpected

2. Unexpected Store Exception BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unexpected Store Exception BSOD: Hello, so I just got BSOD which is Unexpected Store Exception when playing Left 4 Dead 2, I also got this BSOD before but somehow only one dump I just found.Can anyone help me to check what's the caused of this? HDD problem or RAM or just software?All driver were up to date,...
  3. Unexpected Store Exception BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unexpected Store Exception BSOD: Hello, so I just got BSOD which is Unexpected Store Exception when playing Left 4 Dead 2, I also got this BSOD before but somehow only one dump I just found.Can anyone help me to check what's the caused of this? HDD problem or RAM or just software?All driver were up to date,...
  4. Unexpected store exception BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unexpected store exception BSOD: My laptop has been freezing and experiencing BSOD with the error code unexpected store exception. After I shut the laptop down and turn it back on everything seems normal but then it crashes after a while I have tried a bunch of methods on YouTube and nothing seems to work....
  5. BSOD unexpected store exception

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD unexpected store exception: Hi MicrosoftI am getting blue screens which say unexpected store exception and it’s very frustrating. I’ve had this issue for about a year now, and it seems to only happen when I’m playing a game. What are some steps I can take to get rid of this error? I’m sure it’s one of...
  6. BSOD "Unexpected Store exception"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD "Unexpected Store exception": Hi, Recently I have been getting the Unexpected store exception BSOD error while playing games like F1 or sea of thieves.Currently I have tried all this https://helpdeskgeek.com/windows-10/how-to-fix-unexpected-store-exception-error-in-windows-10/ website advises but that...
  7. BSOD - Unexpected Store Exception

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD - Unexpected Store Exception: A month or so ago I continuously got the Unexpected Store Exception BSOD. After the crash, upon restarting I would be unable to access my D drive a HDD until another shut down and restart. However, no files were ever corrupted on my D drive. After trying multiple things and...
  8. Bluescreen with “unexpected storage exception” error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluescreen with “unexpected storage exception” error: Hey, I recently formatted my PC (3 days ago) and yesterday I started downloading WoW and PUBG and I got a blue screen with the error mentioned in the title.After the bluescreen my pc didn’t get past the BIOS in the startup and showed me this message: http://prntscr.com/rl4w3j...
  9. BSODS CRITCAL PROCCESS DIED or UNEXPECTED STORAGE EXCEPTION

BSODS CRITCAL PROCCESS DIED or UNEXPECTED STORAGE EXCEPTION: Hey all, I bought an IBUYPOWER pc at the start of April. I've been trying to trouble shoot myself with not much luck. I'm not super computer smart, I know my way around and the basics but this is beyond me. Some specs: System: Intel Core i7-8700K Six-Core Processor 3.7 GHz...
  10. Windows freezes and crashes (BSOD: "Unexpected Storage Exception")

Windows freezes and crashes (BSOD: "Unexpected Storage Exception"): Hello, yesterday I built a brand new PC. I updated Windows, installed drivers, updated BIOS and started playing Metro Exodus. After a few hours, I saw the SSD where Windows is installed to go from 1% to 100% and my computer would freeze. A couple seconds later I get a BSOD...