Windows 10: Random BSOD when performing normal tasks.

Discus and support Random BSOD when performing normal tasks. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I've built a PC for my parents in August, since then they have been getting random BSODs every day. I went to search on the internet to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GGGamingVL, Nov 22, 2017.

1. Random BSOD when performing normal tasks.

Hello,

I've built a PC for my parents in August, since then they have been getting random BSODs every day.

I went to search on the internet to find the problem, looked at it with BlueScreenView, but I do not understand dumpfiles good enough to find the issue myself. I came across similar problems on the internet, and it was mostly related to faulty hardware (if I remember correctly).

So the first thing I did was run Memtest via a Bootable USB, i ran it twice without any errors. First time was around 12 hours and the second one was 28 hours long, both had no errors. I ran the default test.

I know that all the components work, however I know I had similar issues with the motherboard I used (these components were from my old pc, however I replaced the motherboard because of crashes back in 2015 too.) So I think the motherboard is the issue, I cannot be 100% certain because it could be related to something else.

If someone wants to check the dumpfiles I would be very happy. These are provided as asked.

Thanks in advance,

Gerwin

(If there is more information needed I'll be happy to provide it.)

:)

GGGamingVL, Nov 22, 2017
  2. Johann Eva, Nov 22, 2017
  3. Win10 BSOD, Help.

One other thing when I did see the BSOD at random, it said BAD POOL HEADER.

Corey Fleece, Nov 22, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

Random BSOD when performing normal tasks.

Hello Gerwin,

I see you have been on TenForums for a long time but this is your first post! I hope you have found a lot of useful information. You have tried all the right things so far, a memory test using memtest86+ would have been my first suggestion because there does seem to be memory corruption. With only 4GB of RAM your 28 hour test should have been more than enough for the 8 passes we recommend.

How many passes did you actually achieve?

Did you use the recommended Memtest86+ test?

Are you able to use different slots for the RAM and repeat the tests?

Please answer the questions and then try running the PC in safe mode for about 1-2 days. If you get a BSOD crash in safe mode it is quite conclusive that your hardware is at fault.

philc43, Nov 22, 2017
  5. Okay thanks for the answer, I ran more than 8 passes for sure, i think it was around 11 when I stopped it the second time.

So I'm going to run the pc in safe mode the next 2 days, if it crashes its faulty hardware?

GGGamingVL, Nov 22, 2017
  6. zbook New Member
    zbook, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Random BSOD when performing normal tasks.

1. Random BSOD when performing normal tasks. - Similar Threads - Random BSOD performing

2. BSOD when idle or performing light tasks

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD when idle or performing light tasks: Hi my PC BSOD when my computer is on idle or while doing tasks such as web browsing or watching videos. I did some research from the bug checks and suspect its a faulty or corrupt driver but not sure which one. Please help, thanks in advance....
  3. BSOD when idle or performing light tasks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when idle or performing light tasks: Hi my PC BSOD when my computer is on idle or while doing tasks such as web browsing or watching videos. I did some research from the bug checks and suspect its a faulty or corrupt driver but not sure which one. Please help, thanks in advance....
  4. BSOD when idle or performing light tasks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Crashing BSOD when open task manager and click performance

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Crashing BSOD when open task manager and click performance: version 2004 os build 19041.330 - - - Updated - - - please use simple language when attempting to assist me - - - Updated - - - http://speccy.piriform.com/results/s...5bLPCzTYZVzYzn - - - Updated - - - any help is appreciated 159025
  6. BSOD when performing normal tasks; I cannot run safe mode

BSOD when performing normal tasks; I cannot run safe mode: Recently started getting BSOD.“KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED” with no driver information listed in brackets. This happens on its own, about 5-10 after loading windows. Tried changing the power settings to disable fast startup, no luck. Tried running the PC in safe mode, and...
  7. BSOD randomly during normal work day

BSOD randomly during normal work day: Dell Latitude E7450 with Windows 10 operating system. 256 GB SSD hard drive, i5 processor and 8 GB's of ram. Almost 1.5 years old. I actually put the operating back on this laptop about 3 months to attempt to clean up networking issues and Microsoft Office365 2016 typing...
  8. BSOD Seemingly Random when using PC normally. Variety of BSOD errors

BSOD Seemingly Random when using PC normally. Variety of BSOD errors: Hi, Over the past couple of days I have been having reasonably frequent BSODs. Some have not created a dump file. I cant pinpoint anything in particular but it seems to be pointing to a driver issue but never identifies the driver from what I can tell. Hoping someone can...
  9. BSOD randomly occurs while doing normal tasks

BSOD randomly occurs while doing normal tasks: Hi, So I've had this ASUS laptop for about 2 months now, and I've had 3 crashes so far about 2 weeks apart. The first time I was in class reading notes on chrome, the second time was when I was typing a report in word, and the third time was today when I was using chrome...
  10. Random BSOD when using computer normally

Random BSOD when using computer normally: I've been using my computer normally and over the past few days I've been getting BSODs that have become more an more frequent. The errors so far have been random but one of the recent ones was. Video_Memory_Management_Internal Any help is appreciated, ty. DM Log...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is random bsod normal?