Windows 10: Random BSOD Win10 Pro x64 Build 1703

Discus and support Random BSOD Win10 Pro x64 Build 1703 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello guys, this BSOD is actually for my wife's desktop, which has been having this random BSOD for quite a while now, so the crash log zip includes a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by terrancez, Nov 9, 2017.

1. terrancez Win User

Random BSOD Win10 Pro x64 Build 1703

Hello guys, this BSOD is actually for my wife's desktop, which has been having this random BSOD for quite a while now, so the crash log zip includes a bunch of dump files, I can't stand it anymore, so want to get some help from the pros *Wink

You can probably see from the dump files, I've been trying different video cards to solve the BSOD, and eventually bought a GTX 1050 and thought it would make a difference, it kinda did, she doesn't have BSODs during gameplay anymore, but the random BSOD while she's not doing anything are not getting any better. Sometimes her computer would restarts by itself when nobody's using it.

And here's the specs:
    AMD Phenom II X2 550
    Gigabyte GA-770T-USB3
    OCZ 4GB DDR3
    EVGA Geforce GTX 1050 SC
    Corsair 550w
    Razer BlackWidow keyboard
    Logitech Performance MX mouse
    Wacom Bamboo Pen Tablet

:)

terrancez, Nov 9, 2017

2. Download Media Win10 Pro x64 - Build 1607 or 1511

Hello,

I need a bootable installation media for Win10 Pro x64 - Build 1607 or 1511 however, Media Creation Tool only downloads 1709 which is not allowed for my application.

How can I get Win10 Pro x64 - Build 1607 or 1511 installation media?

Best regards!

Marco Yoshiro, Nov 9, 2017
  3. Bellamau Win User
    Windows update error

Same problem.

My version is:

Windows 10 Pro x64

Version 1703

Build 15063.332

Maurizio

Bellamau, Nov 9, 2017
  4. Ztruker Win User

terrancez, welcome to win10forums.

Can you please change the language? I can't read the logs in the current language which makes it difficult to provide help.

Language - Add, Remove, and Change in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Tutorials

Re-run DM_Log_collector when done and upload the zip file, see if that helps.

You can put the language back to your normal one once done though you may have to do this multiple times if I need you to run DM_Log_collector again in the future.

Thank you.

Note: Especially needed for the eventlog.txt file.

Ztruker, Nov 9, 2017
  5. terrancez Win User
    Hi Ztruker, thanks for the reply. Sorry I didn't even realize the log files are in her display language, I just changed her windows display language to english and rerun the log collector, but the eventlog.txt is still in her original language, looks like it was recorded like that, doesn't matter what language I change it to. *Sad

I don't know what else to do, maybe you can paste some the lines you think are important here, so I can translate them for you?

terrancez, Nov 9, 2017
  6. Ztruker Win User
    That's the problem. I don't kow what's important as I can't read them. The event codes don't mean much to me, it's the descriptions that I go by.

I saw recently where someone somehow translated an eventlog.txt from non-english to english, let me see if I can find out how?
    @zbook, if you see this, did you get an answer to your question about that?

Ztruker, Nov 9, 2017
  7. zbook New Member
    The language change to English from European languages has not been problematic compared to Asian languages.
    In one post the ten forums tutorial information only partially worked (some parts of the event log were in English and other parts were in a foreign language or was changed to characters that could not be interpreted) despite the number of attempts.
    In another post it was several back and forth changes back to the primary language then to English again that worked.
    In others the OP did not provide the information.
    In another it required a clean install followed by troubleshooting. The OP was given the option to continue in English or using Macrium to restore the image after the completion of the troubleshooting.

zbook, Nov 9, 2017
  8. terrancez Win User

Would the errors and warnings around the time of the BSOD be useful or do you also need to see other type of logs at other time? Because I know exactly when did her system crashed, so if it's useful I can translate the events around that time.

terrancez, Nov 9, 2017
  9. zbook New Member
    We are able to identify multiple misbehaving drivers.
    However we look at the whole picture and cannot do that when the event logs are unreadable.
    The msinfo32 is also unreadable.
    Do you have all of the files backed up?
    Have you made a backup image of the drive?
    Would you be able to perform a clean install (delete partitions, make an unallocated drive) reinstall windows with English as the default language. Then when the troubleshooting is completed change the default language to the native language?
    Which version and build of Windows are you using (type in left lower corner search winver and view the pop up)? And is it single or multilanguage?

zbook, Nov 9, 2017
  10. terrancez Win User
    Ok looks like that's the only option now, her computer is due for a reinstall anyway, I will do that and see if that will fix the BSODs, thanks guys.

terrancez, Nov 9, 2017
  11. zbook New Member
    The bios is dated 2010.
    Gigabyte does not provide support for this computers configuration with Windows 10.
    So for drivers that may involve installing the Windows 8 drivers and drivers from the component manufacturer websites.
    What is the age of the computer?
    Are all the parts original?
    Were some replaced?
    If the drive was replaced what is the age of the drive?
    One of the dumps points to hardware memory. The other dumps indicated misbehaving hardware and software drivers.
    These included Nvidia graphics, Realtek, and the antivirus Avira.
    nvlddmkm, rt640x64, avipbb, avgntflt
    With the event logs as well as msinfo32 we can better assess the status of the hardware.
    So if it is possible to use English as the default language during troubleshooting and then return to the native language we can best assess the computer environment.

zbook, Nov 9, 2017
  12. terrancez Win User
    This computer is pretty old, should be around 6 years or so, it's just for my wife for some browsing and light gaming.
    I built this pc for her, so this is not a brand name prebuilt pc. I replaced a few things since built, the hard drive and display card and some peripherals.
    And setting the default language to English is exactly what I'm planning to do. Right now I'm in the process of using the built-in reset function to reset it and removing all files on C drive.

terrancez, Nov 9, 2017
  13. zbook New Member

You can install the latest version of Windows using this website:
    Download Windows 10
    Creating a bootable windows 10 iso allows you to use the flash drive to fix other computers.
    So if you can find a flash drive that you can format (the 1607 version was approximately 4 GB) then you can create the bootable widows 10 iso.
    Then you can insert the flash drive into a USB 3 or USB 2 port and change the bios boot order so that it boots first to the external USB hard drive. Then follow the steps in this link: Clean Install Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials
    This method is not using the computer's windows advanced troubleshooting menu and performing a reset with save files. This method deletes all files and applications and makes an unallocated drive. It is the way to clean malware etc. and start with the cleanest drive.

Plan to install fresh drivers, and test some of the hardware given the age of the computer.

Please update the system specs in the "My Computer" section:
    How To Fill Out Your System Specs
    System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums:
    System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums General Tips Tutorials
    In the left corner below in your post you find 'My System Specs'.
    After clicking it you can find a link a little below that says 'Update your System Spec', click on this link to get to the page where you can fill in your system specs.
    System Info - See Your System Specs - Windows 7 Help Forums

Please include PSU, cooler. case, peripherals and anything attached to the computer by wired or wireless (mouse, keyboard, printer, headset, xbox, etc.)

zbook, Nov 9, 2017
  14. Ztruker Win User
    Sounds like a good plan. Once English is installed, run dm_log_collector if there are any more BSODs and upload the resulting zip and we'll take another look.

I've run Windows 10 on older systems without problems but also had serious problems on systems that were only 4 or 5 years old. No way to tell until we can see al the info we need to look at.

Good luck.

Ztruker, Nov 10, 2017
  15. terrancez Win User
    Ok, I did a clean reset of her computer using English as the default language, and only installed the video driver pretty much, but it still has pretty frequent self restarts, here's the logs, do you guys mind to take another look? Thanks a lot.

terrancez, Nov 14, 2017
Thema:

1. Random BSOD Win10 Pro x64 Build 1703 - Similar Threads - Random BSOD Win10

2. Win10 Pro x64 BCD Not Working!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 Pro x64 BCD Not Working!: HiI ran out of space on my NVME drive so replaced it with a larger one.I manually copied the MSR and EFI partition as well as my Win10 partition.I know from previous experience when moving my backup partition that I need to boot into my installation media on USB then use CMD...
  3. Win10 Pro x64 BCD Not Working!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 Pro x64 BCD Not Working!: HiI ran out of space on my NVME drive so replaced it with a larger one.I manually copied the MSR and EFI partition as well as my Win10 partition.I know from previous experience when moving my backup partition that I need to boot into my installation media on USB then use CMD...
  4. Win10 Pro x64 BCD Not Working!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Random BSOD Win 10 Pro x64 x0133 bugcheck

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BSOD Win 10 Pro x64 x0133 bugcheck: I have not been able to tie the bugcheck to any specific activity. It just randomly occurs, and seemingly with increasing frequency. 160220
  6. Random BSOD Win10

Random BSOD Win10: I have this problem since roughly a month ago, and this is a fully random BSOD so if you guys see this post it mean's I was lucky enough and didn't get one :) So as I said It is a fully random BSOD and the file that causes this is always IAStorAC.sys and the Stop Code is:...
  7. Random BSODs and freezes on W10 Pro x64

Random BSODs and freezes on W10 Pro x64: I have to write this AGAIN so I'll just shorten it: had W8, W7 twice and W10, all of them with BSODs and freezes. ZIP is here Attachment 53275 (2 months with Win 8, one year with the first w7 install and one year with the second, using w10 since day one) BSODs used to be...
  8. BSOD Windows 10 build 1703 and 1709

BSOD Windows 10 build 1703 and 1709: Hi there.. please forgive me if i mess up any posting instructions.. i'm new here, and i've made an account to get some help with some BSOD issues on my system.. i've created the files as instructed in the BSOD posting instructions and i have attached the zip for you. I'll...
  9. Win10 Pro Build 1703 no internet problem (upgrade and clean install)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win10 Pro Build 1703 no internet problem (upgrade and clean install): Hi I upgraded my Win7 Pro x64 to Win 10 Pro and everything works fine except it thinks there is no internet connection. Also, Win10 won't activate - Unable to reach Windows activation servers - I suspect due to the lack of internet connectivity. Except that I can get to...
  10. fresh win10 x64 pro install random freezing, black screen, no bsod

fresh win10 x64 pro install random freezing, black screen, no bsod: fresh install of win10 x64 pro from usb using the media creator tool. First off, I upgraded from win7 to win10, and the freezes with black screens started. I reformated, did a fresh install from USB, same thing happened. I assumed it might have been a failing hard...