Windows 10: Random Hardware Addresses (missing wi-fi feature)

Discus and support Random Hardware Addresses (missing wi-fi feature) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi. As you can see, I don't have the above feature showing. Can it be made to show or is there a command prompt instruction to toggle it? Thank you.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by dortmunder, Jan 9, 2018.

1. Random Hardware Addresses (missing wi-fi feature)

Hi. As you can see, I don't have the above feature showing. Can it be made to show or is there a command prompt instruction to toggle it? Thank you.

:)

dortmunder, Jan 9, 2018

2. What is "Random Hardware Address" ?

What is "Random Hardware Address" ?

I want to know the detail information of "Random Hardware Address" function of Wi-Fi.

Please the documents/url about it.

Regards,

Yoshihiro Kawabata

Yoshihiro Kawababata, Jan 9, 2018
  3. dbodey Win User
    Windows 10 laptop WIFI Mac address keeps changing. How to disable it?

I have the same issue. I can confirm that "Use random hardware addresses" is set to Off, from the Wi-Fi option in "Network & Internet" options.

dbodey, Jan 9, 2018
  4. Bree New Member

Random Hardware Addresses (missing wi-fi feature)

Bree, Jan 9, 2018
  5. It's not phone dependent. But it does depend on your WiFi card supporting the feature. What card are you using?

Intel 8265:

Random Hardware Addresses (missing wi-fi feature) [​IMG]

Edit: Just checked that my Broadcom 4352 card does not support this.

PolarNettles, Jan 9, 2018
  6. Bree New Member
    Apparently none of mine do either. Qualcom Atheros AR9285 & AR9002WB-1NG

Bree, Jan 9, 2018
  7. Maybe it's an Intel thing then. I haven't been able to find much documentation on this feature.

PolarNettles, Jan 9, 2018
  8. Random Hardware Addresses (missing wi-fi feature)

I've got an Edimax Nano USB adapter. Had a quick google but can't see if it should support it or not...

dortmunder, Jan 9, 2018
  9. Bree New Member
    On closer examination, it appears I can manually set any address I want, so my adapter supports it...

Random Hardware Addresses (missing wi-fi feature) [​IMG]

Apparently, the support for Random Hardware Address...
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/c...eators_update/

Bree, Jan 9, 2018
  10. Almost all network adapter drivers (wired and wireless) have the capability of overriding the hardware MAC address. Linux already has a similar MAC address randomizer capability that isn't card-specific. So I don't know what Windows is doing differently with this feature.

PolarNettles, Jan 10, 2018
  11. Bree New Member
    Maybe it was left out of the driver, so it's no available to Windows?

Thema:

Random Hardware Addresses (missing wi-fi feature)

1. Random Hardware Addresses (missing wi-fi feature) - Similar Threads - Random Hardware Addresses

2. Wi Fi is missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi Fi is missing: I don't see the option to log into my WI Fi. Not sure what happened. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-is-missing/fbc82ab7-43d5-4815-a193-d614ddcff831
  3. Wi Fi is missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wi Fi is missing: I don't see the option to log into my WI Fi. Not sure what happened. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-is-missing/fbc82ab7-43d5-4815-a193-d614ddcff831
  4. The random MAC address toggle in my WI-FI vanished

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The random MAC address toggle in my WI-FI vanished: hey,I have been using the random hardware access settings for a while now spoofing the mac address, and it seem to have just vanished. I have went into device manager itself to manually change the MAC address, but the Network address tab just wasn't there. After all of that I...
  5. The random MAC address toggle in my WI-FI vanished

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The random MAC address toggle in my WI-FI vanished: hey,I have been using the random hardware access settings for a while now spoofing the mac address, and it seem to have just vanished. I have went into device manager itself to manually change the MAC address, but the Network address tab just wasn't there. After all of that I...
  6. "Use Random Hardware Addresses" Feature Missing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Use Random Hardware Addresses" Feature Missing: Hi, I have latest version of Windows 10 Version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.746) and this feature is missing in my wifi settings. I tried several adapters that were supportive of this feature but it's still missing. I also repaired windows. How should I fix this? submitted by...
  7. Random Hardware Addresses Feature is missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Random Hardware Addresses Feature is missing: I'm using Windows 10 latest version and I can't find the option anywhere. The adapter I use supports it. But the option still isn't there. Can anyone help? Thanks!...
  8. wi-fi address

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wi-fi address: Hello, How do I change my computers wi-fi address? Thanks. Ceejay https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-address/7e8546a1-a61c-4431-9b9f-a657ef8f3669
  9. Turn On or Off Random Hardware MAC Addresses for Wi-Fi in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Random Hardware MAC Addresses for Wi-Fi in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Random Hardware MAC Addresses for Wi-Fi in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Random Hardware MAC Addresses for Wi-Fi in Windows 10 [img] Information When you're not connected to Wi-Fi, your PC sends a signal to look for Wi-Fi networks in the area...
  10. Wi-Fi Random Hardware Addresses - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 Mobile

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Wi-Fi Random Hardware Addresses - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 Mobile: How to: Wi-Fi Random Hardware Addresses - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 Mobile Turn On or Off Random Hardware MAC Addresses for Wi-Fi on Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information When you’re not connected to WiFi, your phone will periodically send out a signal for WiFi...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. random hardware addresses missing

2. nu vot

3. win 10 cant see random hardware addres

4. random hardware addresses,
  5. windows 10 random hardware addresses missing,
  6. random hardware addresses are not supported by the following adapters,
  7. random hardware address option missing,
  8. random hardware address missing,
  9. wifi random hardware address,
  10. disable windows 10 random hardware addresses cmd,
  11. use random addresses toggle missing,