Windows 10: Random system freezes

Discus and support Random system freezes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have been getting for over a couple of months random system freezes. Using driver verifier causes my pc to bootloop so I guess it must be driver... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ville97, Jan 19, 2018.

1. Ville97 Win User

Random system freezes

I have been getting for over a couple of months random system freezes. Using driver verifier causes my pc to bootloop so I guess it must be driver related. sfc/scannow finds no problems and all my drivers should be up to date. Bios is at the latest version too. The crashes seem to be completely random. Sometimes my pc freezes when playing a game, browsing, idling, listening to music etc.

In that zip are 3 dump files.

:)

Ville97, Jan 19, 2018
  2. Tripledz Win User

Windows 10 Random Freeze

I am having this same issue, just a random freeze... there's no viruses and nothing appears to be wrong with the computer. Every once and a while if I'm using the system it just freezes.

Tripledz, Jan 19, 2018
  3. NaniKpr Win User
    Computer BSODs

After exhaustive debugging, a setting in the BIOS was the fault. Freezes were random, but once you found a cause of freeze, you could keep repeating it, though after long times of computer being off, the freeze cause would not freeze it until system was
    warmed up. Was using ASUS Optimal in an ASUS Bios, which caused the system to overclock itself automatically..

I consider the problem fixed now.

NaniKpr, Jan 19, 2018
  4. Ville97 Win User

Random system freezes

On Sat 20.1.2018 5.20.19 your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\memory.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: Unknown (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005)
    Bugcheck code: 0x1E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF8023FB72FC3, 0x0, 0x2)
    Error: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
    Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
    A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error.
    Google query: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

This was a new type of error log. The only unkown driver I found was ssdevfactory.sys which points to SteelSeries Device Factory Service. I uninstalled it now and see what happens.

Ville97, Jan 19, 2018
  5. zbook New Member
    zbook, Jan 19, 2018
  6. Ztruker Win User
    Code: BugCheck C9, {24d, fffff8036703deca, ffffbc8ca2101060, 0} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for ctxusbm.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ctxusbm.sys[/quote] Code: DRIVER_VERIFIER_IOMANAGER_VIOLATION (c9) The IO manager has caught a misbehaving driver. Arguments: Arg1: 000000000000024d, A driver has passed an invalid device object to a function that requires a PDO. Arg2: fffff8036703deca, The address in the driver's code where the error was detected. Arg3: ffffbc8ca2101060, IRP address. Arg4: 0000000000000000, Device object address.[/quote] Driver Description: Citrix ICA Client USB Monitor Driver

Driver Update Site: Downloads

The one you have is dated: Mon May 29 21:10:56 2017

Is this something you need or are just playing with? Can you uninstall it to see if that helps resolve the problem? If you need it, see if you can find a newer driver.

Ztruker, Jan 20, 2018
  7. philc43 Win User
    The 3 bugchecks I extracted for 20th Jan were:

BugCheck 3D, {fffff801b3ab7cc8, fffff801b3ab7500, 0, 0}
    BugCheck BE, {fffff882b853e818, 8000000001680121, ffffe5806052e620, a}
    BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff80120e8664f, ffff9681c4c49750, 0}

Most likely cause is Avast which must have been installed at some time and has drivers misbehaving.

Code: Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\aswSP.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for aswSP.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for aswSP.sys Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\aswbidsdrivera.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for aswbidsdrivera.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for aswbidsdrivera.sys[/quote]

philc43, Jan 20, 2018
  8. Ville97 Win User

Random system freezes

Code: DRIVER_VERIFIER_IOMANAGER_VIOLATION (c9) The IO manager has caught a misbehaving driver. Arguments: Arg1: 000000000000024d, A driver has passed an invalid device object to a function that requires a PDO. Arg2: fffff8036703deca, The address in the driver's code where the error was detected. Arg3: ffffbc8ca2101060, IRP address. Arg4: 0000000000000000, Device object address.[/quote] Driver Description: Citrix ICA Client USB Monitor Driver

Driver Update Site: Downloads

The one you have is dated: Mon May 29 21:10:56 2017

Is this something you need or are just playing with? Can you uninstall it to see if that helps resolve the problem? If you need it, see if you can find a newer driver.[/quote] I have no idea what this Citrix Usb Monitoring driver is. I don't know what device is using it or where to update it. All their products look weird and I don't remember installing any of their software.

Ville97, Jan 20, 2018
  9. Ville97 Win User
    [/quote] I thought that too but I have crashed 2 times after uninstalling Avast. Driver verifier causes my system to bootloop so I am really sure that there is something wrong with a driver or Windows 1607 itself. I recall that I had no problems with Windows 1511 but I had to update since Microsoft dropped the support for that version. 1703 and 1709 didn't have this problem but the standbymemory bug is still not fixed so I am kinda stuck on 1607 which is giving me these problems.

Ville97, Jan 20, 2018
  10. philc43 Win User
    It can be really difficult to remove everything of Avast. Make sure the drivers I highlighted are no longer on your system.

philc43, Jan 20, 2018
  11. Ville97 Win User
    They are gone just checked. Maybe I am dealing with some else here.

Ville97, Jan 20, 2018
  12. Ztruker Win User
    Looks like it has something to do with ZenDesktop. If you don't recognize it forget it for now.

Upload a new zip file with the latest dumps in it please, lets see if anything new shows up.

Ztruker, Jan 20, 2018
  13. Ville97 Win User

Random system freezes

My pc hasn't freezed yet but I uninstalled Avast before the last crash or second last crash so the newest dumps are the ones that I added with the log collector. Although I saw in a crash report that the latest crash was caused by unkown driver. There was only one left after uninstalling Avast and it was something like ssdevfactory.sys which was a part of Steelseries Engine I guess so I uninstalled it. I will post new dumps if I crash again but for now, I am fine.

Ville97, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Random system freezes

1. Random system freezes - Similar Threads - Random system freezes

2. System freezing and BSOD-ing randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System freezing and BSOD-ing randomly: Hello all,First, thank you in advance for ANY help you can give!! I'm a software developer by trade, licensed investment advisor and mortgage broker, real estate investor, and streamer....this machine is my lifeblood lol! Anyway, for some strange reason as of two days ago my...
  3. System reboot and random Freezes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System reboot and random Freezes: System Win 11 x64, AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, 32 GB RAM, motherboard TUF GAMING B550M-PLUSIt's been a while since my computer sometimes freezes for a few seconds and returns to normal, other times it just restarts spontaneously, I'll attach the last 2 dumps that were generated from...
  4. System reboot and random Freezes

System reboot and random Freezes: System Win 11 x64, AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, 32 GB RAM, motherboard TUF GAMING B550M-PLUSIt's been a while since my computer sometimes freezes for a few seconds and returns to normal, other times it just restarts spontaneously, I'll attach the last 2 dumps that were generated from...
  5. random system freezes and memory.dmp file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    random system freezes and memory.dmp file: Hello, So i have been getting random system freezes where my pc either restarts by itself or i have to do it manually after some time. I suspect the freezes might have something to do with my ramthis is for a reason other than the file being named mem.dump. I have tried...
  6. random system freezes and memory.dmp file

random system freezes and memory.dmp file: Hello, So i have been getting random system freezes where my pc either restarts by itself or i have to do it manually after some time. I suspect the freezes might have something to do with my ramthis is for a reason other than the file being named mem.dump. I have tried...
  7. Random System Freeze

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random System Freeze: Hello Community I've sent four feedback on this issue. Two of them was in system local account, the other two, Microsoft account. Its been almost two years since I've updated my BIOS of Specter and Meltdown virus, BIOS version A0.14. Recommended by HP website based on...
  8. System gives freezes on random moments.

System gives freezes on random moments.: Hello community, I have a problem with my system for quite a while now. Reïnstalling windows didn't work so maybe any of you have some ideas i could try next. Either im playing games or just watching something on youtube my pc can randomly "freeze" i can use my mouse/cursor...
  9. System Freezes randomly!

System Freezes randomly!: Hallo guys, this month i experience a very strange thing happening to my pc. My pc randomly freezes and i have to hard restart in order to start using it again! No bsod or something. I ve ran a memtest for a night but it came out clear! Can you help me? 116500
  10. Random system freezes for weeks

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Random system freezes for weeks: Since some time now I am getting system freezes where the only option is a hard reset of the system. It happens very randomly, in office 365, gaming, watching movies, browsing the internet, etc. When it happens the sound stops with the mouse & keyboard, I literally cannot...