Windows 10: Randomly switching to unwanted keyboard layout

Discus and support Randomly switching to unwanted keyboard layout in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I type in French I use the Canadian Multilingual Standard layout. This is what I have configured in my settings and it is what worked fine for me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ricecrispies, Jun 1, 2018.

1. Randomly switching to unwanted keyboard layout

When I type in French I use the Canadian Multilingual Standard layout. This is what I have configured in my settings and it is what worked fine for me for years until a week or two ago (which suggests the April update may have had something to do with it).

Now when I switch to French I find that I am often in another layout which I believe to be the Canadian French layout, although I am not completely sure. It is similar to the Canadian multilingual with the most notable difference being that the è and the / are swapped round. I have never chosen the Canadian French keyboard in my preferences and it isn't listed there now. Canadian Multilingual is what is listed.

What's even more annoying is that the layout seems to switch randomly between Canadian Multilingual and Canadian French while I am typing, so I am never really sure what is going to happen when I try to type an è.

How can I get my keyboard to consistently be Canadian Multilingual when I am typing in French?

:)

ricecrispies, Jun 1, 2018

2. Randomly switching to unwanted keyboard layout

When I type in French I use the Canadian Multilingual Standard layout. This is what I have configured in my settings and it is what worked fine for me for years until a week or two ago (which suggests the April update may have had something to do with it).

Now when I switch to French I find that I am often in another layout which I believe to be the Canadian French layout, although I am not completely sure. It is similar to the Canadian multilingual with the most notable difference being that the è and the / are swapped round. I have never chosen the Canadian French keyboard in my preferences and it isn't listed there now. Canadian Multilingual is what is listed.

What's even more annoying is that the layout seems to switch randomly between Canadian Multilingual and Canadian French while I am typing, so I am never really sure what is going to happen when I try to type an è.

How can I get my keyboard to consistently be Canadian Multilingual when I am typing in French?

ricecrispies, Jun 25, 2018
  3. dalchina Win User
    Randomly switching to unwanted keyboard layout

You could see if you can use the override default input option, assuming this is available (I think it isn't if you only have one keyboard installed- which would be logical). This worked in a similar case where the user had an unwanted keyboard layout in use.

(Note- appearance may differ if you are on build 1803)

Set Default Keyboard Layout in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials

dalchina, Jun 25, 2018
  4. [EXIT] Win User

switching keyboard layouts between devices

I recently bought a surface book on a holiday to USA and it has a US keyboard layout. When I set this device to use the US keyboard layout it switched all of the other devices on my account to suit. How can I set the surface book to a US keyboard Layout
    but keep my desktop, laptop and tablet on the UK keyboard layout (which is the keyboard layout they all use) but still all attached to the my Microsoft account?

Step by step instructions would be appreciated for an idiot.

Thanks

[EXIT], Jun 25, 2018
Thema:

1. Randomly switching to unwanted keyboard layout - Similar Threads - Randomly switching unwanted

2. additional unwanted keyboard layouts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    additional unwanted keyboard layouts: i have keyboard layouts, that i've never added to my system. To get rid of them i've changed my system language to german, deleted all other languages in setting except german, but still there're two english layouts left en-US & en-UK. how can i delete them? i don't need to...
  3. additional unwanted keyboard layouts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    additional unwanted keyboard layouts: i have keyboard layouts, that i've never added to my system. To get rid of them i've changed my system language to german, deleted all other languages in setting except german, but still there're two english layouts left en-US & en-UK. how can i delete them? i don't need to...
  4. Unwanted keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unwanted keyboard layout: HiMy laptop shows an extra keyboard layout [German Germany Albanian] and I cannont remove it. It doesn't appear in "Preffered Langauges" List.Any Ideas to remove it?Thanks in adcance.** I cannot insert pictures here, you can show this capture on Drive....
  5. Unwanted keyboard layout

Unwanted keyboard layout: HiMy laptop shows an extra keyboard layout [German Germany Albanian] and I cannont remove it. It doesn't appear in "Preffered Langauges" List.Any Ideas to remove it?Thanks in adcance.** I cannot insert pictures here, you can show this capture on Drive....
  6. Cannot remove unwanted keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot remove unwanted keyboard layout: I cannot remove unwanted keyboard ENG-VI English United States Vietnamese in setting. I even tried to remove by using PowerShell but it wasn't listed in InputMethodTips. What can I do?...
  7. Cannot remove unwanted keyboard layout

Cannot remove unwanted keyboard layout: I cannot remove unwanted keyboard ENG-VI English United States Vietnamese in setting. I even tried to remove by using PowerShell but it wasn't listed in InputMethodTips. What can I do?...
  8. Keyboard layout switching issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard layout switching issue: Hello, I use Windows 10. In my system there are several combination of language/keyboard layout: - English/United States-International QWERTY - English/US QWERTY - Russian/Russian - French/United States-International QWERTY - French/French AZERTY I try to configure...
  9. Unwanted switching of keyboard layout to US QWERTY

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unwanted switching of keyboard layout to US QWERTY: I am using Japanese "Microsoft IME" as my only keyboard layout, but I had to change a registry entry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Keyboard Layouts\00000411 to make it use a different underlying layout, other than the US QWERTY, namely a customized...
  10. Removing unwanted keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Support
    Removing unwanted keyboard layout: Hello guys, Windows 10 is making me a hard life sometimes, recently without any setting change I see the keyboard layour near the clock (ENG) or (ROU US) but I did not want any of extra layouts and I don't know why Microsoft like to f*** with people nerves so much. The...