Randomly switching to unwanted keyboard layout

Discus and support Randomly switching to unwanted keyboard layout in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; When I type in French I use the Canadian Multilingual Standard layout. This is what I have configured in my settings and it is what worked fine for me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ricecrispies, Jun 1, 2018.

1. ricecrispies Win User

When I type in French I use the Canadian Multilingual Standard layout. This is what I have configured in my settings and it is what worked fine for me for years until a week or two ago (which suggests the April update may have had something to do with it).

Now when I switch to French I find that I am often in another layout which I believe to be the Canadian French layout, although I am not completely sure. It is similar to the Canadian multilingual with the most notable difference being that the è and the / are swapped round. I have never chosen the Canadian French keyboard in my preferences and it isn't listed there now. Canadian Multilingual is what is listed.

What's even more annoying is that the layout seems to switch randomly between Canadian Multilingual and Canadian French while I am typing, so I am never really sure what is going to happen when I try to type an è.

How can I get my keyboard to consistently be Canadian Multilingual when I am typing in French?

:)

ricecrispies, Jun 1, 2018
Thema:

Randomly switching to unwanted keyboard layout

Randomly switching to unwanted keyboard layout - Similar Threads - Randomly switching unwanted

1. Random BSOD when switching resolution

in Windows 10 Support
    Random BSOD when switching resolution: It seems that I have a few problems. First, I have a "phantom monitor" problem. My GTX 970 detects an additional monitor that stays at 640 x 480, even though I have one DisplayPort cable running from the card. No other cables are connected. I can't seem to get rid of the...
  2. Restore Classic ALT+TAB A-B B-A switching with mouse, not random

in Windows 10 Support
    Restore Classic ALT+TAB A-B B-A switching with mouse, not random: The very three critical combinations to understand before even participating in this thread: Windows 10 with classic ALT+Tab registry key restoration (all over the web, look it up). Use any program that customizes the key bindings to the fourth and fifth mouse buttons...
  3. Windows 10 Not Keeping Active Window on Top (Switches Randomly)

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Not Keeping Active Window on Top (Switches Randomly): Whenever I have Chrome open it sometimes doesn't stay on top and my other windows/applications (it's always the Files/Folder in the C-drive). When Chrome or some other application is active, it will stay on top and then randomly de-activate and make the explorer on top....
  4. Lan and wifi connection switching randomly

in Windows 10 Support
    Lan and wifi connection switching randomly: Am running Windows 10 homewith HP laptop. I am connected directly to my cable/phone modem and, also, have installed Netgear router connected to modem. My internet connection keeps on changing from LAN to Netgear wifi. It is bothersome when trying to download and surf. Not...
  5. Random Lockups after switching to new AMD APU A10 build.

in Windows 10 Support
    Random Lockups after switching to new AMD APU A10 build.: i just purchased Lastnight an AMD APU A10-7850K and a Gigabyte F2A88XM-D3H Motherboard so that i could Finally ditch my aging Setup (gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 + AMD FX 4100). i did at the advice of the call center , backup and format, Install 7, upgrade to 10, then do a Clean...
  6. Random Freezing (non-responsive) that requires PSU switch reset

in Windows 10 Support
    Random Freezing (non-responsive) that requires PSU switch reset: I have been troubleshooting this problem for months and I cannot figure out what's going on. Problem: The computer randomly freezes and becomes unresponsive. It also makes or horrific sound (like loud glitching static). Every time this happens, I have to flip the...
  7. Power Setting randomly switches from Balanced to High Performance

in Windows 10 Support
    Power Setting randomly switches from Balanced to High Performance: ​ So I upgraded to W10 last week and came along this problem. Every time i use my laptop it randomly switches its power setting by itself from balanced to high performance like once every hour. When it does that it also shows the start menu. I was baffled at first. My...
Randomly switching to unwanted keyboard layout solved