Windows 10: RAW Photo files

Discus and support RAW Photo files in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Just recently upgraded a PC from Windows 7 to Windows 10. This PC will be used strictly for photo processing mostly using Lightroom and Photoshop.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by edirish, Sep 8, 2018.

1. edirish Win User

RAW Photo files

Just recently upgraded a PC from Windows 7 to Windows 10. This PC will be used strictly for photo processing mostly using Lightroom and Photoshop. Neither Photos or Windows Photo Viewer will open the RAW files on this particular PC. I have three other PC's that have been upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 that will open up the RAW files in both Photos and Windows Photo Viewer. Have searched the Microsoft sites trying to find the Codec files so I can view RAW files on this PC but have found only for previous Windows versions and they won't install. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

:)

edirish, Sep 8, 2018
  2. iko22 Win User

How to get rid of raw file support in windows photo viewer?

RAW Photo files [​IMG]

I have downloaded this, and it did not work; photo viewer is not in the list of programs in Open With or Default App. I used option 2 step 3, followed by step 5 to 9.

iko22, Sep 8, 2018
  3. iko22 Win User

OK I got this fully working.

To view only .jpg files in folder containing jpg and camera raw

1. In File Explorer, navigate to folder containing photos that you wish to view.
    2. In File Explorer, type *.jpg in the search box. You will then see all your jpeg's with the camera raw files absent.
    3. Click on any file in the search results, to start Photo Viewer.

To view only camera raw (.cr2) files in a folder containing jpg and camera raw

1. In File Explorer, navigate to folder containing photos that you wish to view.
    2. In File Explorer, type *.cr2 in the search box. You will then see all your camera raw files with the jpeg files absent.
    3. Click on any file in the search results, to start Photo Viewer.

It really is that simple. No registry edits needed. *chuckle

iko22, Sep 8, 2018
  4. iko22 Win User

RAW Photo files

I think this works, it certainly works with slideshows, so it might work with Photo Viewer:
    2. In File Explorer, type *.jpg in the search box. You will then see all your jpeg's with the camera raw files absent.
    3. Click on any file to start photo viewer.

I cannot test it as I dont have photo viewer. But like I say it works on slideshows.

iko22, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

RAW Photo files

1. RAW Photo files - Similar Threads - RAW Photo files

2. RAW Photos in Photos App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RAW Photos in Photos App: Hello,I am a photographer and I shoot into Camera Raw .Cr2 format. Because I shoot massive amounts of photos, I use the photos app to quickly view and select the photos I want to bring into post production. However, the automatic correction has been messing with many of my...
  3. RAW Photos in Photos App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RAW Photos in Photos App: Hello,I am a photographer and I shoot into Camera Raw .Cr2 format. Because I shoot massive amounts of photos, I use the photos app to quickly view and select the photos I want to bring into post production. However, the automatic correction has been messing with many of my...
  4. How to open Raw files with photo built-in app?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to open Raw files with photo built-in app?: HiI have a lot of CR3 Raw files that in the image is clear. I want to convert my CR3 files to JPG on Windows so that I can easily open them with the photo built-in app.I know there are third-party software such as Adobe Photoshop, FastRawViewer or RawTherapee can do that, but...
  5. File RAW

File RAW: Mi si dice che nel PC c'è una raccolta di file RAW, ma io finora non l'ho trovata. Chi mi sa dire qualcosa? Grazie https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-raw/e1b498f5-d80e-460e-8834-c5de98fb08a3
  6. Windows Photo Viewer is distorting my raw CR2 photo files

Windows Photo Viewer is distorting my raw CR2 photo files: Hello, I've seen lots of posts about Windows not being able to view raw or CR2 files, however that is not the problem I'm having. My problem is when I open the raw files, the standard Windows 10 photo viewer is distorting the image. When I first open it, it will look normal...
  7. Raw File in MS Photo

Raw File in MS Photo: How can I update MS Photo to read the raw files from a Canon 5D? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/raw-file-in-ms-photo/9e8b63d4-1dc1-4917-a17d-91c4950ee15c
  8. raw file photo storage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    raw file photo storage: hi. advise plz.. am a hobby photographer and recently decided to try shooting raw. apx 20 pics went to my windows 10 photo storage edit and my pc just cdnt handle them .hp 570 tower 64 bit ..intel 5 I think..my pc completely slowed down . if I opened photos then clicked a raw...
  9. Viewing Olympus Raw photo files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Viewing Olympus Raw photo files: I am running windows 10 home, version 1803 and can't view my raw photos in Photo. I have tried to download the the codec but one doesn't appear to exist for W10. I want to be able to open my raw photos without going to my olympus view. How can this be done. This has been...
  10. Viewing RAW files in Windows Photos

Viewing RAW files in Windows Photos: Hi. I'm an amateur photographer and I shoot all my images in RAW. When viewing them via Photos it loads the image but then changes after a few seconds. The brightness, contrast, and colours will change. I don't want it doing this, not only does it slow down browsing...