Windows 10: Raw photos and Videos not available or supported?

Discus and support Raw photos and Videos not available or supported? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Is there an update for 10 to allow viewing raw files. Since the update, I have lost all ability to view not only the thumbnail but the file itself! I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by melandale, Feb 23, 2020.

1. melandale Win User

Raw photos and Videos not available or supported?

Is there an update for 10 to allow viewing raw files. Since the update, I have lost all ability to view not only the thumbnail but the file itself! I only shoot in RAW format for video and photo. WHAT DO I DO?

:)

melandale, Feb 23, 2020
  2. iko22 Win User

How to get rid of raw file support in windows photo viewer?

Raw photos and Videos not available or supported? [​IMG]

I have downloaded this, and it did not work; photo viewer is not in the list of programs in Open With or Default App. I used option 2 step 3, followed by step 5 to 9.

iko22, Feb 23, 2020
  3. iko22 Win User
    How to get rid of raw file support in windows photo viewer?

OK I got this fully working.

To view only .jpg files in folder containing jpg and camera raw

1. In File Explorer, navigate to folder containing photos that you wish to view.
    2. In File Explorer, type *.jpg in the search box. You will then see all your jpeg's with the camera raw files absent.
    3. Click on any file in the search results, to start Photo Viewer.

To view only camera raw (.cr2) files in a folder containing jpg and camera raw

1. In File Explorer, navigate to folder containing photos that you wish to view.
    2. In File Explorer, type *.cr2 in the search box. You will then see all your camera raw files with the jpeg files absent.
    3. Click on any file in the search results, to start Photo Viewer.

It really is that simple. No registry edits needed. *chuckle

iko22, Feb 23, 2020
  4. Raw photos and Videos not available or supported?

raw file photo storage

Raw Image Extension

Thanks for your interest in the Raw Image Extension. You can acquire the extension to install on your devices but Windows 10 May 2019 Update (version number 1903) is required to install the extension. The Raw Image Extension adds native viewing support for
    images captured in raw file formats produced by many mid- to high-end digital cameras. By installing the package, you will be able to view thumbnails and metadata of supported raw file formats right in Windows File Explorer or view images in the Photos app.
    The current version of the extension supports a long list of cameras, however some Raw formats like .CR3 and .GPR are not currently supported. This package is made possible thanks to libraw open source project (LibRaw | raw image decoder). Check out LibRaw 0.19 supported cameras | LibRaw
    for a list of supported cameras. Libraw library is licensed under COMMON DEVELOPMENT AND DISTRIBUTION LICENSE Version 1.0 (CDDL-1.0) PLEASE NOTE – the Raw codec delivered by this extension requires changes to Windows to run. Windows 10 May 2019 Update (version
    number 1903) or later is required. If you can’t install the extension, your device is running a version of Windows that does not meet the minimum Windows build number required to run the extension. Please consider upgrading your device to the latest version
    of Windows to install the extension. PLEASE NOTE – the extension is NOT an app – you can’t interact directly with it. It installs an OS codec plugin used by Windows apps including File Explorer and Photos to decode raw images. Please use File Explorer to view
    thumbnails or Photos app to view your raw images from supported cameras after installing the extension.

RichardEiler, Feb 23, 2020
Thema:

Raw photos and Videos not available or supported?

1. Raw photos and Videos not available or supported? - Similar Threads - Raw photos Videos

2. Microsoft Photos' support RAW file RW2 for Panasonic Lumix GH6

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Photos' support RAW file RW2 for Panasonic Lumix GH6: Microsoft Photos doesn't seem to support RAW file RW2 for Panasonic Lumix GH6. Is there a codec available for download?The thumbnail preview seems to be okay, If I open the file, it first show up okay but after couple of seconds the image becomes pure noise....
  3. Microsoft Photos' support RAW file RW2 for Panasonic Lumix GH6

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Photos' support RAW file RW2 for Panasonic Lumix GH6: Microsoft Photos doesn't seem to support RAW file RW2 for Panasonic Lumix GH6. Is there a codec available for download?The thumbnail preview seems to be okay, If I open the file, it first show up okay but after couple of seconds the image becomes pure noise....
  4. RAW Photos in Photos App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RAW Photos in Photos App: Hello,I am a photographer and I shoot into Camera Raw .Cr2 format. Because I shoot massive amounts of photos, I use the photos app to quickly view and select the photos I want to bring into post production. However, the automatic correction has been messing with many of my...
  5. RAW Photos in Photos App

RAW Photos in Photos App: Hello,I am a photographer and I shoot into Camera Raw .Cr2 format. Because I shoot massive amounts of photos, I use the photos app to quickly view and select the photos I want to bring into post production. However, the automatic correction has been messing with many of my...
  6. photos video editor .waw support?

photos video editor .waw support?: guys can you add .waw support to photos video editor considering you created it mainly because I want raw quality in the highest quality without using a converter Waveform Audio File Format One of the most common audio formats. The format was developed by Microsoft (in...
  7. The type of the file system is RAW, CHKDSK is not available for RAW drives

in Windows 10 News
    The type of the file system is RAW, CHKDSK is not available for RAW drives: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]CHKDSK is a useful tool when you need to repair bad or corrupt sectors of your hard disk. But at times, when trying to run this Disk Checking tool you may see an error message – The type of the [...] This post The type of the file system is RAW, CHKDSK is...
  8. A7iii raw file support

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    A7iii raw file support: I have had a reply from Microsoft Support saying to raise this ticket again if not resolved the old No. is 1455282724 But I will recap when is Windows 10 going to support Sony A7iii raw files or why is Windows 10 not going to support Sony A7iii raw files by support I mean...
  9. RAW Photo files

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RAW Photo files: Just recently upgraded a PC from Windows 7 to Windows 10. This PC will be used strictly for photo processing mostly using Lightroom and Photoshop. Neither Photos or Windows Photo Viewer will open the RAW files on this particular PC. I have three other PC's that have been...
  10. How to get rid of raw file support in windows photo viewer?

How to get rid of raw file support in windows photo viewer?: Hi. I have googled the internet but I have not managed to find how to remove raw file support from windows photo viewer. I have restored windows photo viewer like this. Now my problem is that I shoot photos both in jpg and format. This means that I have to watch the same...