Windows 10: Re-enable Restore Previous Version?

Discus and support Re-enable Restore Previous Version? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; In windows 10 Home, is it possible to reenable the "Restore Previous Version" function that came with Windows 7, or is there any software that I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by PerfectBlue, May 20, 2017.

1. Re-enable Restore Previous Version?

In windows 10 Home, is it possible to reenable the "Restore Previous Version" function that came with Windows 7, or is there any software that I can but that does the same thing?

This would be in addition to my regular backup routine, rather than instead of it.

:)

PerfectBlue, May 20, 2017

2. Why when I apply my windows update for windows 10 does my raid get disabled on my BIOS

When I apply an update on windows my raid is disabled on the bios and it changes back to ahci.

Once I re-enable the raid the windows update then goes into a restore from previous restore point loop. This loop is taking longer and longer to complete.

Tyler DeanSmith, May 20, 2017
  3. Is Windows RE used in Windows 10?

Restore Points are drive and partition specific. The most important partition for Restore Points to be enabled on is the C:\Windows partition. Not of any value to have restore points enabled on the RE partition.

:
    http://www.pagestart.com

J W Stuart, May 20, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Re-enable Restore Previous Version?

Hi, do you mean System Restore?
    Or are you referring to 'Go back to previous version' = remove the latest build, a 10 day limit presently I believe after a major build upgrade?

dalchina, May 20, 2017
  5. Literally, the old "Restore Previous Version" function form Windows 7. Where you set aside a portion of your disc to store old versions of files after they have been changed or over written.

In Windows 7 you used to be able to right click on a file and select Restore Previous Versions, and it would open up the properties screen to the restore tab and you would be able to access these hidden older versions.

The menu option is still there, but it's empty.

Re-enable Restore Previous Version? [​IMG]

It is limited in what it can do as it won't protect files from certain problems, but is very convenient as an additional layer of protection as it's not dependant on me being connected to my home network to do a backup, and doesn't require me to use an external disc.

I'd like to switch it back on if possible, and if the feature plain isn't part f Windows 10 I'd like to find some software that lets me replicate this functionality.

6. dalchina New Member
    That's File History:

Re-enable Restore Previous Version? [​IMG]

(Much of the 'old' Control Panel is still there too).
    You have to enable it and use an external device for backups.

dalchina, May 20, 2017
  7. OK, I've found that now, but I can't seem to get it to view all of my discs. It's only showing an HD, but not my SSD.

8. dalchina New Member

dalchina, May 20, 2017
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Re-enable Restore Previous Version? - Similar Threads - enable Restore Previous

2. Undo restore previous version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Undo restore previous version: I right-clicked a file in documents with the intention of READING a previous version but I accidentally RESTORED the previous version.Can I undo the restore? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/undo-restore-previous-version/ba00246f-b696-4de2-8341-f2a37a4d260d
  3. Undo restore previous version

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Undo restore previous version: I right-clicked a file in documents with the intention of READING a previous version but I accidentally RESTORED the previous version.Can I undo the restore? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/undo-restore-previous-version/ba00246f-b696-4de2-8341-f2a37a4d260d
  4. how to enable restore previous versions feature on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to enable restore previous versions feature on Windows 10: How do you restore previous versions feature on windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-enable-restore-previous-versions-feature-on/48cbdb99-8c49-4b37-97ea-d7d44b9cd6ca
  5. Restoring previous windows version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restoring previous windows version: Restoring previous window version stuck on loop, plss help me, If I cant fix this, I wont be able to be present in our online class https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restoring-previous-windows-version/4f9dd09a-7fad-419a-947c-1e2b92b761bb
  6. Restoration of previous Windows version

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Restoration of previous Windows version: I have replaced my hard drive & I want to restore my earlier Windows version. How do I do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restoration-of-previous-windows-version/f18453db-fdb3-4b0b-aef4-20347a27bff7
  7. How to restore to previous version ?

How to restore to previous version ?: A few days ago windows 10 updated itself to the latest version. I've never had any problems with updates but after this one there are many. I have windows 10 pro Version 1903 18362,388 OS Build. Here are the problems : 1. When my computer goes to sleep mode, after I want to...
  8. Restoration of previous version of windows

Restoration of previous version of windows: I was playing video suddenly chrome stopped responding so i press shutdown button and it started updating windows on 13% i again press shutdown it stopped updating and now from past 2hrs its showing blank screen saying Attempting to recover installation and restoring your...
  9. Re-enable previously deferred Creator's Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Re-enable previously deferred Creator's Update: Hi, I successfully used this tutorial: Enable or Disable Windows Update Automatic Updates in Windows 10 Windows Update Activation Tutorials to defer Creator's Update in Windows 10. It did not prevent usoft from nagging me twice a day about the update, and when it does,...
  10. Restoring Previous Version

in Windows 10 Support
    Restoring Previous Version: So I download Windows 10 from here: Windows 10 Whilst I run it, no questions show up, asking anything, but in videos I see questions, asking about Updates and your current PC data. Once it completes, and restarts my PC, it finishes, then goes onto a screen saying...