Windows 10: Re-enabled SMB v1 in Windows 10, but still cannot connect

Discus and support Re-enabled SMB v1 in Windows 10, but still cannot connect in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So following on from my previous question about SMB, I decided to re-enable SMB v1 on my PC running Windows 10 (this version). I followed these... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AK 47, Sep 16, 2018.

1. AK 47 Win User

Re-enabled SMB v1 in Windows 10, but still cannot connect

So following on from my previous question about SMB, I decided to re-enable SMB v1 on my PC running Windows 10 (this version).

I followed these instructions (Options 3, 4 and 5, since I am using Windows 10).

I have tried all three options (proof), and they all appear to have completed successfully. I have also rebooted my PC a few times.

The problem is, the PC cannot be connected to via SMB from my other devices, be it other PCs or my NVIDIA SHIELD TV.

I have no idea where to be begin troubleshooting this issue, so any help would be appreciated.

:)

AK 47, Sep 16, 2018
  2. emelsom Win User

How to solve problems with accessing, discovering and connecting to NAS with SMB connection from Windows 10

I am experiencing difficulties with accessing, discovering and connecting to my NAS with SMB connection from Windows 10.

I have tried most of the solutions suggest on the Web, but avail, none of them worked.

• Enabling SMB v2 and restarting
    • Checking SMB v1 in Windows components is ticked on
    • Etc.
    It seems that Microsoft has broken something though their patches

If anyone can supply me with a permanent/ final fix,
    not workaround, please post it here.

emelsom, Sep 16, 2018
  3. emelsom Win User
    How to solve problems with accessing, discovering and connecting to NAS with SMB connection from Windows 10

I am experiencing difficulties with accessing, discovering and connecting to my NAS with SMB connection from Windows 10.

I have tried most of the solutions suggest on the Web, but avail, none of them worked.

• Enabling SMB v2 and restarting
    • Checking SMB v1 in Windows components is ticked on
    • Etc.
    It seems that Microsoft has broken something though their patches

If anyone can supply me with a permanent/ final fix,
    not workaround, please post it here.

emelsom, Sep 16, 2018
  4. emelsom Win User

I am hoping Microsoft themselves, is picking this question up, and taking this seriously, and will answer this urgently, as it is causing us all so much frustration.

emelsom, Sep 16, 2018
Thema:

1. Re-enabled SMB v1 in Windows 10, but still cannot connect - Similar Threads - enabled SMB still

2. Cannot enable SMB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot enable SMB: I have the exact same problem as described in this post from 2018:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-not-able-to-enable-smb-10cifs-sever-in-win-10/19873ca7-7da0-4abd-92e9-e86afe75bb66I am not able to enable SMB /CIFS from the "Turn Windows features on...
  3. Cannot enable SMB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot enable SMB: I have the exact same problem as described in this post from 2018:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-not-able-to-enable-smb-10cifs-sever-in-win-10/19873ca7-7da0-4abd-92e9-e86afe75bb66I am not able to enable SMB /CIFS from the "Turn Windows features on...
  4. Cannot enable SMB

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Need SMB V1 enabled for my NAS - Risks/workarounds?

Need SMB V1 enabled for my NAS - Risks/workarounds?: I had to enable this for my old NAS to work. What are the security risks and is there another workaround that is safer? win10 pro 19041.508 165371
  6. Need SMB V1 enabled for my NAS - Risks/workarounds?

in Windows 10 Support
    Need SMB V1 enabled for my NAS - Risks/workarounds?: I had to enable this for my old NAS to work. What are the security risks and is there another workaround that is safer? win10 pro 19041.508 165371
  7. SMB v1

SMB v1: How do I enable SMB v1 on my windows 10 computers Please,, plain english Thanks for any help!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/smb-v1/f4c8d9ed-2619-4225-b5d1-471592fbd837"
  8. How do I get SMB v1

How do I get SMB v1: How do I get into the "power shell " to get SMB v1 to work? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-smb-v1/3e273643-c015-4f85-8300-f017925e1b8f"
  9. Windows 10 1803 SMB v1 Uninstall Feature results in BSOD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 1803 SMB v1 Uninstall Feature results in BSOD: Using latest ADK and MDT to generate 1803 reference image. In my task sequence i have a task "Uninstall Roles and Features" and selected "SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support". During the build, it gets to this step and then BSOD. This is a copy of the 1709 sequence that does...
  10. Cannot Re-Enable Windows Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot Re-Enable Windows Update: Days before the "get it free" period was over, I upgraded from 7 Pro to 10 Pro. At the time, I followed some instructions to defer updates to avoid headaches. Today, while trying to fix an issue caused Win 10 (my HP printer won't scan or fax), a thread suggested making sure...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. permanent enable smb windows 10