Windows 10: Re-install Win 10

Discus and support Re-install Win 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all, A tear ago microsoft offered a free upgrade to win 10. so , i downloaded and installed. Since then it was working very well but recently i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by eran sadot, May 12, 2017.

1. Re-install Win 10

Hi all,

A tear ago microsoft offered a free upgrade to win 10. so , i downloaded and installed.
    Since then it was working very well but recently i encouter some issues and I'd like to reinstall windows 10.
    Is it possible to do so with my current software or do i have to buy a new windows 10 software?

Thank you!!

:)

eran sadot, May 12, 2017
  2. BB2016 Win User

Re downloading/installing Windows 10 on a new HD

I had a major SSD HD failures and want to re-install windows 10 on the second HD. I originally received a free Win 10 because i upgraded from XP to Win 7. Do I have to re-install XP and upgrade again to re-install Win 10.

Thank you

BB2016, May 12, 2017
  3. can not re download win 10

i was having issues with my xbox one streaming and support told me to revert back to my old os and re install win 10. after reverting back to my old os, win 7, i can not re install win 10. how do i re install it.

jamesfattrusso, May 12, 2017
  4. swarfega Win User

Re-install Win 10

Hi and welcome to the forum.

If you haven't made any changes to your hardware, then it is ok to go ahead and format. When you get to the box asking for the key, click I don't have the key and continue. Windows will automatically activate as soon as it has an internet connection.

swarfega, May 12, 2017
  5. cereberus Win User
    You can clean install it - just skip key entry.

No new licence is needed.

cereberus, May 12, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    Download Windows 10 ISO File Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials
    Create Bootable USB Flash Drive to Install Windows 10 Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials
    Clean Install Windows 10 Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

All from the Tutorial section which you're free to browse and search
    Windows 10 Tutorial Index Windows 10 Tutorials

Note- this will give you the latest Creator's Update build- some have problems with this- many don't.
    You perhaps still have the Anniversary Update. (previous major build).

Once you have a working installation (with no extra programs) the first thing you should do is create a disk image with e.g. Macrium Reflect (free).

You keep this updated periodically, then use it to restore your system (without technical help) should your PC be infected with ransomware, your disk fail, your PC become unbootable and not recoverable etc...

It's also a full backup of what you've imaged.

Probably all regular contributors here use disk imaging.

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Re-install Win 10

1. Re-install Win 10 - Similar Threads - install

2. My windows and 11 install has frozen on. Let’s connect you to a network.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows and 11 install has frozen on. Let’s connect you to a network.: My new install from a USB drive onto a brand new computer has stalled with. Let’s connect you to a network.Next is out and not an option. I’m not sure what to do next I am a cat5 cable from a known good source. I have rebooted my router, like Microsoft recommended....
  3. My windows and 11 install has frozen on. Let’s connect you to a network.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My windows and 11 install has frozen on. Let’s connect you to a network.: My new install from a USB drive onto a brand new computer has stalled with. Let’s connect you to a network.Next is out and not an option. I’m not sure what to do next I am a cat5 cable from a known good source. I have rebooted my router, like Microsoft recommended....
  4. Is this install error going to be fixed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is this install error going to be fixed?: Hewlett-Packard - USB - 2/10/2017 12:00:00 AM - 44.1.2402.1741Install error - 0x80070103 Running Windows 11 - up to date as of today.Received this error while updating my laptop today. I found out that it is for an installed driver. I really didn't want to install anything...
  5. Is this install error going to be fixed?

Is this install error going to be fixed?: Hewlett-Packard - USB - 2/10/2017 12:00:00 AM - 44.1.2402.1741Install error - 0x80070103 Running Windows 11 - up to date as of today.Received this error while updating my laptop today. I found out that it is for an installed driver. I really didn't want to install anything...
  6. Trouble with installing WSL

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble with installing WSL: Hello! When I try to install WSL Windows Subsystem for Linux on my laptop, everything goes smoothly until I have to restart the laptop. Initially, the update progresses well, reaching approximately 97%. However, at that point, an error message appears: ‘Something unexpected...
  7. Trouble with installing WSL

Trouble with installing WSL: Hello! When I try to install WSL Windows Subsystem for Linux on my laptop, everything goes smoothly until I have to restart the laptop. Initially, the update progresses well, reaching approximately 97%. However, at that point, an error message appears: ‘Something unexpected...
  8. Error 0xC1900101-0x2000D when attempting to repair install Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error 0xC1900101-0x2000D when attempting to repair install Windows 10 Pro: Hi,Since a few months I had my PC randomly rebooting from time to time something akin 1 time over 10 days of usage but I didn't pay much attention to it until today when the system started hanging during boot sometimes stuck at Asus loading screen since my mobo is an Asus one...
  9. Error 0xC1900101-0x2000D when attempting to repair install Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 0xC1900101-0x2000D when attempting to repair install Windows 10 Pro: Hi,Since a few months I had my PC randomly rebooting from time to time something akin 1 time over 10 days of usage but I didn't pay much attention to it until today when the system started hanging during boot sometimes stuck at Asus loading screen since my mobo is an Asus one...
  10. Error 0xC1900101-0x2000D when attempting to repair install Windows 10 Pro