Windows 10: Redirecting addon that I can't detect or figure out how to uninstall

Discus and support Redirecting addon that I can't detect or figure out how to uninstall in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I'm sorry if this seems like a total newbie question but I can't figure out if this is a Windows 10 thing or something that's gotten under my radar and... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by arisutan, Dec 22, 2015.

1. arisutan Win User

Redirecting addon that I can't detect or figure out how to uninstall

I'm sorry if this seems like a total newbie question but I can't figure out if this is a Windows 10 thing or something that's gotten under my radar and is a bit more sinister - everytime I start up a browser, Firefox or Chrome, I get this page Dropbox - Screenshot 2015-12-23 19.44.32.png and I don't know why and it's really annoying. I installed avast to do a virus scan (it found nothing and also broke my internet so I have since had to uninstall it) and I can't seem to find anything out of the ordinary in my add-ons/extensions etc (not to mention I have not installed anything like that for Chrome since I don't use it).

Anyone know what I can do? I also looked at my installed programs and couldn't find anything I didn't recognise.

:)

arisutan, Dec 22, 2015

2. G5 game Hidden City

I would like to uninstall this game from my computer and I can't figure out how.

JaneWilliamson1, Dec 22, 2015
  3. Editing Bookmark URLs in Microsoft Edge

Many times when I click on a link on a site (such as a link to login) the page goes to a "Redirected" URL. However, when I bookmark the page I want it to go to the "URL" (the original link), not the "Redirected URL" (many times the redirected URL contains
    session information in the querystring, and I don't want that as part of the bookmark). In the past I have bookmarked the page (the redirected page), then have edited the bookmark's URL to the original link location (and this keeps the correct site icon in
    the bookmark, in cases where it actually redirects to a different site). I can't figure out how to do this in Microsoft Edge. While I can edit the NAME of the bookmark, I can't edit the actual URL itself. I can't seem to find where the Favorites are saved;
    I can only find the MS Internet Explorer Favorites folder. Can someone tell me how I can edit my bookmarks' URLs?

pacmann714, Dec 22, 2015
  4. simrick Win User

Hi.
    I don't understand why Avast would break your internet connection. What AV are you currently using?

Try running RKILL. This will temporarily stop any suspicious processes; everything it does is undone by a reboot.
    When it's finished, it will put a txt file on your desktop. Copy the contents and paste them here.
    Note: If any of the following scans require you to reboot, please do so, and then immediately run RKILL again before performing the next scan.

Uninstall any and all toolbars.

Run TDSSKiller, and let us know if it finds anything.

Run Malwarebytes Antimalware Free

Run JRT (Junkware Removal Tool)

Reset Edge (even if you aren't using it).

Run ADWCleaner: please make sure everything you are deleting is unwanted. Sometimes it flags things that you may want to keep. If you're not sure, run a "scan" only, and post the log here for us to have a look at.

Run SuperAntiSpyware Free

Reboot and see if the problem has resolved.

simrick, Dec 23, 2015
  5. arisutan Win User
    thank you so much, running malwarebytes anti-malware fixed my problem!

arisutan, Dec 26, 2015
  6. simrick Win User
    Glad that solved it. *Thumbs I hope it doesn't come back. If it does, I'd like to see your logs.

simrick, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Redirecting addon that I can't detect or figure out how to uninstall - Similar Threads - Redirecting addon can't

2. why can't i figure this out?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why can't i figure this out?: i bought a copy of windows 11 from Microsoft's website, but when i installed it it just gave me a better version of windows 10. i can't figure it out thru the updates section either. what am i missing or forgetting?...
  3. why can't i figure this out?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why can't i figure this out?: i bought a copy of windows 11 from Microsoft's website, but when i installed it it just gave me a better version of windows 10. i can't figure it out thru the updates section either. what am i missing or forgetting?...
  4. can't figure out!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    can't figure out!: Hello, it seems i can't locate the right site for my rog strix z490-h gaming from asus. If someone friendly and knowledgeable enough to help me find it, i would be really happy. Is there a failsafe way to find for any motherboard, i would be relieved to know it too,Best...
  5. can't figure out!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't figure out!: Hello, it seems i can't locate the right site for my rog strix z490-h gaming from asus. If someone friendly and knowledgeable enough to help me find it, i would be really happy. Is there a failsafe way to find for any motherboard, i would be relieved to know it too,Best...
  6. can't figure out!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. I can't figure it out . .

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I can't figure it out . .: I accidentally unpinned Google, from my taskbar.So I deleted, and reinstalled it.After reinstalling it. I realized.There was something I had to do.I created a folder, named storage.I put everything in that folder, as a backup.But, after putting just a few things in there.It...
  8. How do I figure this out? I've read the sidebar and thread but, I still can't figure out...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I figure this out? I've read the sidebar and thread but, I still can't figure out...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MrOptiX [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gvsr3e/how_do_i_figure_this_out_ive_read_the_sidebar_and/
  9. How do I figure this out? I've read the sidebar and thread but, I still can't figure out...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I figure this out? I've read the sidebar and thread but, I still can't figure out...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MrOptiX [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gvs8kn/how_do_i_figure_this_out_ive_read_the_sidebar_and/
  10. I can't figure this out?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't figure this out?: I have three folders, in this order. Movies - Videos - Pictures. Movies and Pictures, display a list. But, the Videos folder, has a a problem . . . When I open the Videos folder, the list is there, but the list has lines separating the video files, with, this week, last...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to detect windows addon

2. little hidden city/unins000.exe