Windows 10: Reduce Desktop Display Width

Discus and support Reduce Desktop Display Width in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have an extra wide monitor so watching videos in widescreen does not take up all of the screen. The issue I have is that the left 1-1/4" of my 31"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GregCowling, Sep 19, 2019.

1. Reduce Desktop Display Width

I have an extra wide monitor so watching videos in widescreen does not take up all of the screen. The issue I have is that the left 1-1/4" of my 31" wide screen is real blurry (maybe from screen cleaner?). When I right click OR left click on Start I have to make my selections pretty much based on memory of whats where unless the title extends more than 1-1/4".

Is there a way to reduce the visible width of the Windows desktop so that everything moves to the right of the blurry area?

:)

GregCowling, Sep 19, 2019

2. How to reduce width of the taskbar buttons?

Hello,

This is in reference to this tutorial.

What I want to do is to reduce the width of the taskbar buttons even further...that is, even shorter width than what's shown as size 38 in that tutorial. I want the buttons in my taskbar to show their respective icons along with only 3-4 characters of text.

I remember that I accomplished this in my previous Windows installation (Windows 7 (64-bit)), using the same method as discussed in that tutorial with some value (which I can't recall). But somehow, I can't seem to make it happen in Windows 10.

Some of the values I've tried are: 10, 52,54, 55, 58 and a few more.

Please suggest a suitable value/method to make it happen in my Windows 10.

Ten64BitUser, Sep 19, 2019
  3. How to reduce the width of Window 10 Taskbar buttons to display only the app icon followed by 3-4 characters of app title?

This is in reference to this tutorial on tenforums which explains how to reduce the width of the taskbar buttons.

I had followed the same tutorial in Windows 7 and was able to reduce the size of the taskbar buttons to appear like this:

Reduce Desktop Display Width GX6gP.jpg

As you can see, the taskbar buttons would display only the app icon followed by 2-4 characters of app title, followed by the three dots. That was it. This was the case even when the taskbar was almost empty (i.e., when it had only 1-2 app buttons to show).

But I'm unable to achieve the same result in Windows 10. Kindly suggest a solution.

ComputerUser, Sep 19, 2019
  4. Reduce Desktop Display Width

Increase width of Show Desktop button in taskbar

For some reason the width of the "show desktop" button on the taskbar in win10 has been reduced to a stupid amount meaning it's very difficult to find and click it (I have 2 monitors so I can't just flick over to the bottom left corner).

How can I increase the width of the "show desktop" button the taskbar so a human can find it?

JoeFonbone, Sep 19, 2019
Thema:

Reduce Desktop Display Width

1. Reduce Desktop Display Width - Similar Threads - Reduce Desktop Display

2. Unable to Reduce Windows Explorer Column Widths to Less than 285

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Reduce Windows Explorer Column Widths to Less than 285: I'm using Windows 11 21H2, OS Build 22000.434. Since upgrading to Windows 11, I am seeing a problem using Windows File Explorer. Column widths are now set at 285 pixels regardless of what I want to do for settings. This can be irritating when using the details view with more...
  3. Unable to Reduce Windows Explorer Column Widths to Less than 285

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Reduce Windows Explorer Column Widths to Less than 285: I'm using Windows 11 21H2, OS Build 22000.434. Since upgrading to Windows 11, I am seeing a problem using Windows File Explorer. Column widths are now set at 285 pixels regardless of what I want to do for settings. This can be irritating when using the details view with more...
  4. Screen width reduced

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen width reduced: After the last update to Windows 10, a downward-facing caret appeared in the taskbar. Clicking on this caused my screen to be reduced by 3/4, losing valuable information from email and web sites. I can't restore the full screen with arrow dragging, and the Get Help site is...
  5. Screen width reduced

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen width reduced: After the last update to Windows 10, a downward-facing caret appeared in the taskbar. Clicking on this caused my screen to be reduced by 3/4, losing valuable information from email and web sites. I can't restore the full screen with arrow dragging, and the Get Help site is...
  6. Screen width reduced

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Cannot Reduce Windows Explorer Column Widths to Less than 210

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot Reduce Windows Explorer Column Widths to Less than 210: Any help?I can't find any answers to this anywhere on the web.Somehow, Windows has defaulted to a minimum width of 210 pixels for EVERY column in Windows Explorer, and I cannot go any lower!My Status column, Size column, etc, are enormous, and I cannot make them any...
  8. reduce display on screen in Windows10

reduce display on screen in Windows10: how to reduce monitor's display size in Windows10? thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reduce-display-on-screen-in-windows10/ee216061-1e7e-4620-bc6b-bd438091e353
  9. How to change width of clock display

How to change width of clock display: Ever since the anniversary update my clock has not been able to fully display the date and time. [img] I use 1st Clock Taskbar clock and there has not been a problem before. Is there a way of increasing the size of the area to display the info the clock is...
  10. How to reduce width of the taskbar buttons?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to reduce width of the taskbar buttons?: Hello, This is in reference to this tutorial. What I want to do is to reduce the width of the taskbar buttons even further...that is, even shorter width than what's shown as size 38 in that tutorial. I want the buttons in my taskbar to show their respective icons along...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to reduce width of display