Windows 10: Refurbished HP laptop

Discus and support Refurbished HP laptop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I bought a Windows10 home, refurbished/renewed HP lap top that looks like it might have been used in a classroom. I have found a phone# and it says... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jacee, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Jacee Win User

Refurbished HP laptop

I bought a Windows10 home, refurbished/renewed HP lap top that looks like it might have been used in a classroom. I have found a phone# and it says "Data" files are stored in Cloud. Most everything else looks clean going through it. What should i do about that?... I disabled Cloud because I don't want it while setting this up.

I'm sure I can delete the phone#, but I haven't tried to access the Cloud Data.

I looked for new updates and tried to find -- choose my method of downloading and installing, but was met with a red "the Policy Administrator" controls (such and such). What the heck!!? Somehow I don't think this computer was totally wiped and clean install.

I'll keep working with it, but any input would be appreciated *Smile

:)

Jacee, Sep 24, 2019

2. Refurbished Laptop?

I fully agree with this statement. The laptop I'm using right now is a refurbished HP business Ultrabook that I snagged on eBay for $265 shipped from a local company. It was about a year old when I bought it and it looked almost brand new. So far, it has worked flawlessly. Plus, it even came with the original HP recovery DVDs for Windows 8.1 Pro and all of the drivers. Just make sure you research whichever one you're looking at before you buy to make sure the specs are good enough for what you need it to do and to see possible hardware variations.

MattMcD488, Sep 24, 2019
  3. New Refurbished Laptop, HP Win 10, password reset

I have booted a new refurbished HP laptop but did not write down the password. Now it wants that and I cannot get back in.

ChanningHumphries, Sep 24, 2019
  4. Bree Win User

Refurbished HP laptop

Refurbished HP laptop

I tend to get all my laptops that way, used machines from a reputable chain of pawn brokers. While they tend to do a good job of 'sanitising' the machines, they never reinstall. Whatever was on the machine just gets cleaned up. This can lead to some 'odd' results.

I remember one machine that had 8GB RAM came with 32-bit Windows 7 installed, an OS incapable of using more than the first 4GB. It also had a Windows 8.1 key embedded in its firmware, so a clean install of Windows 10 (which activated from the W8 key) was my solution. You can see what key (if any) you have in your bios with ShowKeyPlus.

ShowKeyPlus

If this HP has an HP pre-installed Windows 10 then you have the choice of doing a reset or a clean install. A reset will retain all the HP drivers and utilities. If it has a key for Windows 8 in the bios then W10 wasn't pre-installed by HP. A clean install would be preferable. In that case as a precaution you should first back up the drivers in case Windows cannot find suitable ones.

Reset Windows 10

Backup and Restore Device Drivers in Windows 10

More than that we cannot say until you provide the specs as zbook asks.

Thema:

Refurbished HP laptop

1. Refurbished HP laptop - Similar Threads - Refurbished laptop

2. I bought a Refurbished HP Laptop w/ WIN 10 PRO activated, but it has no COA, only a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I bought a Refurbished HP Laptop w/ WIN 10 PRO activated, but it has no COA, only a...: It loads W/10 Pro, 22h2, which says it is activated, and yet it did not come with the required COA sticker, just recovery partition it seems, and ShowKeyPlus shows the Product I.D. and installed and OEM digital. However, MS says that a refurbished PC needs a COA AND orig....
  3. I bought a Refurbished HP Laptop w/ WIN 10 PRO activated, but it has no COA, only a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I bought a Refurbished HP Laptop w/ WIN 10 PRO activated, but it has no COA, only a...: It loads W/10 Pro, 22h2, which says it is activated, and yet it did not come with the required COA sticker, just recovery partition it seems, and ShowKeyPlus shows the Product I.D. and installed and OEM digital. However, MS says that a refurbished PC needs a COA AND orig....
  4. I bought a Refurbished HP Laptop w/ WIN 10 PRO activated, but it has no COA, only a...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Refurbishing old laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Refurbishing old laptop: I am trying to refurbish my ASUS N56V with a new 1Tb ssd. From factory it had windows 7. Currently I'm running Windows 10 22H2 on my hdd.My main issue is Windows 11 won't boot due to my computer "not matching the requirements". The stats of my computer far exceed, and in most...
  6. Refurbishing old laptop

Refurbishing old laptop: I am trying to refurbish my ASUS N56V with a new 1Tb ssd. From factory it had windows 7. Currently I'm running Windows 10 22H2 on my hdd.My main issue is Windows 11 won't boot due to my computer "not matching the requirements". The stats of my computer far exceed, and in most...
  7. Refurbished laptop, first time startup can't get passed log in.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Refurbished laptop, first time startup can't get passed log in.: Stuck on sign in screen that says Welcome to Retail Services and Systems Inc. Sign in with your Retail Services and Systems Inc email address. Trying to reinstall windows but not having luck....
  8. Refurbished laptop, first time startup can't get passed log in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Refurbished laptop, first time startup can't get passed log in.: Stuck on sign in screen that says Welcome to Retail Services and Systems Inc. Sign in with your Retail Services and Systems Inc email address. Trying to reinstall windows but not having luck....
  9. Refurbished laptop, first time startup can't get passed log in.

10. What kind of activation code do I need for a refurbished laptop?

What kind of activation code do I need for a refurbished laptop?: I purchased a refurbished laptop from my company for personal use. It has windows installed, but I need to get my own activation key. How do I do that, and what do i need?...