Windows 10: Reg to Bat

Discus and support Reg to Bat in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I'm so sorry if this is not the proper forum to ask, but didn't found one for registry related questions. I have a small .reg file and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by omidsolo, Dec 3, 2015.

1. omidsolo Win User

Reg to Bat

Hi everyone,
    I'm so sorry if this is not the proper forum to ask, but didn't found one for registry related questions.
    I have a small .reg file and I have converted it to .bat using a tool and am not sure if it's converted correctly and bug free!
    Is there anyone expert in this thing wish to help me and notify me of any mistakes/problems in the conversion, if any?
    Thanks a lot, it's vital to me *Smile

Setup.reg
    Setup2.bat

:)

omidsolo, Dec 3, 2015

2. Advanced sizing of text ... gone with Creators Update ?!

I found this registry update:

Change Icons Text Size in Windows 10

I created a batch file based on the link above and it does what I need - resizing menu text, icon text, message box text, and title bar text. Here is the contents of the bat file:

set __COMPAT_LAYER=RunAsInvoker

REGEDIT.EXE /S "Icons_text_size-11.reg"

REGEDIT.EXE /S "Menus_text_size-11.reg"

REGEDIT.EXE /S "Message_Boxes_text_size-11.reg"

REGEDIT.EXE /S "Title_bars_text_size-11.reg"

pause

Alternatively you can download the batch file here:

ShareFile

After downloading it, anytime you need to resize text, double click the bat file , press any key when it is finished, and then logout and login

Grant Castner, Dec 3, 2015
  3. Icons Flashing after Windows 10 1511 Update

Hi.

I finally found the final and exact solution !

It's a problem with Microsoft Edge.

Microsoft Edge would like to be default application for the extentions :

- pdf

- html

- htm

- svg

- xml

But on some sessions on a computer with Windows 10 1511 on a domaine controller, it can't.

So the only solution is to delete the registry keys of theses extentions.

You can't use the "default application extention" options of the legacy control pannel, the new control panel, and the "open with" options.

I've create a .bat file to automatically delete all of theses extentions attributions :

reg delete HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.htm /f

reg delete HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.html /f

reg delete HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.pdf /f

reg delete HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.svg /f

reg delete HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.xml /f

So please Microsoft, fix it with an update or a new build !

I must use this bat on an important number of computers in my company.

And this bug occurs on an aleatory number of computers in my company.

tnicolas02, Dec 3, 2015
  4. Kyhi Win User

Reg to Bat

Why convert to .bat ??

just need to double click to install

Kyhi, Dec 3, 2015
  5. omidsolo Win User
    *Eek double click to install ???!!!
    Did you even read my question? *Sad
    I just want to know if my reg to bat was error free?

omidsolo, Dec 3, 2015
  6. Seems fine to me. I use Reg Converter , which tool have you used

TairikuOkami, Dec 3, 2015
  7. omidsolo Win User
    Thanks, same tool, I was checking here since that's pretty important to me!
    I had doubt about these 2 lines as well:
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Shell Extensions\Approved]
    "{F764812A-132C-4013-9960-5CBBEB408A0E}"=-

to:

REG delete "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Shell Extensions\Approved" /v "{F764812A-132C-4013-9960-5CBBEB408A0E}" /f

REG add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Shell Extensions\Approved" /f

omidsolo, Dec 3, 2015
  8. omidsolo Win User

Reg to Bat

or

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Nero\Nero 10\Shared]
    "SendUsageStatistics"=dword:00000000
    @=""

to

REG add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Nero\Nero 10\Shared" /v "SendUsageStatistics" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f
    REG add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Nero\Nero 10\Shared" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "" /f

omidsolo, Dec 3, 2015
  9. This is the reason, why I was looking for a tool like that.
    I could not figure out, how to add an empty value. *Rolleyes

This one seems unnecessary, since you would have to delete the whole key, not just a single value, like:

REG delete [HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Shell Extensions\Approved]

TairikuOkami, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Reg to Bat

1. Reg to Bat - Similar Threads - Reg Bat

2. Dell Inspiron Reg Model : P97F , Refuses to shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell Inspiron Reg Model : P97F , Refuses to shut down: I have a Dell Inspiron Reg Model P97F and it will not shut down. When I try and shut down the computer it will turn off then turn back on in airplane mode, almost like I just restart it.I have tried so many different things to try and fix this such as uninstalling updates and...
  3. Dell Inspiron Reg Model : P97F , Refuses to shut down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dell Inspiron Reg Model : P97F , Refuses to shut down: I have a Dell Inspiron Reg Model P97F and it will not shut down. When I try and shut down the computer it will turn off then turn back on in airplane mode, almost like I just restart it.I have tried so many different things to try and fix this such as uninstalling updates and...
  4. Reg unable to load EA Sports FC 24 getting an crash report handler error crash dump please help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reg unable to load EA Sports FC 24 getting an crash report handler error crash dump please help: Hi Please help me with this issue. I'm unable to load EA Sports FC 24 when i click the exe button / play button on EA App Steam. I will attach the error message crash dump error. Also I'm having issues installing windows updates....
  5. Double-clicking .bat, .vbs, .reg do NOT work.

in Windows 10 Support
    Double-clicking .bat, .vbs, .reg do NOT work.: This morning double-clicking .bat, .vbs, .reg etc do NOT work, although double-clicking all programs [ .exe and shortcuts ] do. I thought I would see if there is a quick fix for this. I have reset the default permissions etc etc. I don't want to spend too much time on this as...
  6. Path Entries with BAT or REG

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Path Entries with BAT or REG: Hey guys i have a question about path entries, i added this 5 path items in the rectangle by hand [img] is there a command line parameter that will add them with one command ? and is there a way to do it with a reg file? thanks 164858
  7. Need Help With Registry Tweak Using .REG File &/Or .BAT File - Please & Thank You!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need Help With Registry Tweak Using .REG File &/Or .BAT File - Please & Thank You!: [ATTACH] I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but I've had no luck doing it myself. I've created a few .reg & .bat files in the past in regards to this, however some only would delete the registry entry, while others did nothing at all. Could someone help...
  8. How to Delete All Saved Passwords in Microsoft Edge w/ bat or reg key

in Browsers and Email
    How to Delete All Saved Passwords in Microsoft Edge w/ bat or reg key: Does anyone know how to delete all saved passwords in Microsoft Edge either using a bat file or reg key. Looking for a way to protect users in public computer classroom. Thanks 37350
  9. .REG vs .BAT

in Windows 10 Support
    .REG vs .BAT: Howdy, Strange behavior! I set the following 2 registry keys via both .reg and .bat file in Windows 10 to control System Protection. I don't care if they work or not and if this is the key to work on or not. .bat file works but .reg file not! Spent sometime and just...
  10. File association problem with .reg and .bat files

in Windows 10 Support
    File association problem with .reg and .bat files: Asus laptop with WINDOWS 10 When double clicking a .reg file the default action is merge by running the regedit.exe. On the right-click content menu I have Merge (in bold), edit and print, select edit opens the notepad for editing. In order to prevent from merging the .reg...