Windows 10: Reinstall and Re-register Apps in Windows 10

Discus and support Reinstall and Re-register Apps in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; Hello , *Smile The location of AppXManifest.xml for the app will depend on where the app's package is installed (if still installed). Usually, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by COMPUTIAC Guest, Mar 30, 2015.

1. Reinstall and Re-register Apps in Windows 10

Ok, so that's why C:\AppXManifest.xml not being found shows up in red in Powershell. Thanks. *Smile

thewizardoz, Jul 31, 2017
  2. evildog1 Win User

When I try to install Photos, i got this error

Reinstall and Re-register Apps in Windows 10 [​IMG]

evildog1, Aug 16, 2017
  3. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Aug 16, 2017
  4. AMZMA Win User

Reinstall and Re-register Apps in Windows 10

help, after update from 1607 to 1709 some of shortcut are missing
    including Store, Xbox, Minesweeper
    I have tried both option on front page, nothing works.

I still can trigger Store to pop up by open app link on web browser. And I still can open Minesweeper via Store.

what should I do if I got this error?

Reinstall and Re-register Apps in Windows 10 [​IMG]

AMZMA, Oct 22, 2017
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Oct 22, 2017
  6. AMZMA Win User
    wow, that's a fast response, sir.
    And just realized that was my first comment. *Biggrin

I'l come back later after I try this method. Would take a long time to repair windows from ISO. *Biggrin

AMZMA, Oct 22, 2017
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I'd say give yourself a couple of hours at most usually.

Brink, Oct 22, 2017
  8. AMZMA Win User

I'm sorry, but this method didn't work.
    I even tried to reset Start Menu, but nothing to avail.

I guess, I'll just leave this problem unsolved since I rarely use Windows Store.

Thank you for your advices.

AMZMA, Oct 22, 2017
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Odd. As a test if you like, are the shortcuts there in a new account when created and signed in?

Brink, Oct 22, 2017
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Option Three added to the tutorial to help make it easier to install Windows apps from Microsoft Store. *Smile

11. vivski Win User
    I tried Option 2 as Edge now nearly opens, then closes within a few seconds, showing only a white page. I have sufficient time to type a web address in, but it closes. This is what I see in PowerShell running as administrator:-

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Command "& {$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage *MicrosoftEdge*).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest}"
    = : The term '=' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the
    spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.
    At line:1 char:5
    + & { = (Get-AppxPackage *MicrosoftEdge*).InstallLocation + '\AppxManif ...
    + ~
    + CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (=:String) [], CommandNotFoundException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException

cmdlet Add-AppxPackage at command pipeline position 1
    Supply values for the following parameters:
    Path:

Has anyone any ideas?

vivski, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Reinstall and Re-register Apps in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Reinstall register Apps

2. Reinstalling Windows. Will the files be re-registered in the Registry Editor Regedit?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstalling Windows. Will the files be re-registered in the Registry Editor Regedit?: I want to reinstall Windows. I have 1 SSD and 1 HDD in my computer. All games and some programs are installed on the HDD. Windows is on the SSD.So, when I reinstall Windows, I'll disconnect the HDD so as not to confuse the disks. Then the Windows installation process will...
  3. Reinstalling Windows. Will the files be re-registered in the Registry Editor Regedit?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reinstalling Windows. Will the files be re-registered in the Registry Editor Regedit?: I want to reinstall Windows. I have 1 SSD and 1 HDD in my computer. All games and some programs are installed on the HDD. Windows is on the SSD.So, when I reinstall Windows, I'll disconnect the HDD so as not to confuse the disks. Then the Windows installation process will...
  4. Reinstalling Windows. Will the files be re-registered in the Registry Editor Regedit?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Reinstalling and Re-registering apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Reinstalling and Re-registering apps: Hi, Another user, another issue reinstalling and re-registering apps.Last week I upgraded my motherboard, CPU, and RAM, and did a clean - CLEAN - install of Windows to mark the occasion. It's running fine except I don't have a lot of the default apps installed - from the...
  6. Reinstall and Re-register All Built-in Windows Apps in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reinstall and Re-register All Built-in Windows Apps in Windows 10: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/FreeBooter_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f053fs/reinstall_and_reregister_all_builtin_windows_apps/
  7. Re-Registering win10 apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Re-Registering win10 apps: 1) hi i'm trying to convert this powershell command to work in cmd file Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"} how can i convert it to work like this PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy...
  8. Re-register Store app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Re-register Store app in Windows 10: How to: Re-register Microsoft Store app in Windows 10 How to Re-register Microsoft Store app in Windows 10 The Microsoft Store app in Windows 10 offers various apps, games, music, movies & TV, and books that users can browse through, purchase, or get for free to...
  9. Reinstall and Re-register Cortana in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reinstall and Re-register Cortana in Windows 10: How to: Reinstall and Re-register Cortana in Windows 10 How to Reinstall and Re-register Cortana in Windows 10 Cortana is your cloud-based personal assistant that works across your devices and other Microsoft services. Depending on the capabilities of your device and...
  10. Reinstall and Re-register Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reinstall and Re-register Microsoft Edge in Windows 10: How to: Reinstall and Re-register Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 How to Reinstall and Re-register Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster, safer, and...