Windows 10: Reinstall win 10 iso from command prompt

Discus and support Reinstall win 10 iso from command prompt in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am trying to install win 10 iso from command prompt. File is on a cd/DVD showing in; directory of E:\ 02/02/2019 11:34 AM 4,692,365,312... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DennisJac, Feb 4, 2019.

1. DennisJac Win User

Reinstall win 10 iso from command prompt

I am trying to install win 10 iso from command prompt.

File is on a cd/DVD showing in;

directory of E:\

02/02/2019 11:34 AM 4,692,365,312 Win10_1803_English_x664.iso

1 Files(s) 4,692,365,312 bytes

0 Dir(s) 0 bytes free

Can anyone help to get this loaded/installed onto my PC

Thank you in advance

:)

DennisJac, Feb 4, 2019
  2. Bree Win User

Installation media boots to command prompt

I've just booted from known working install media to see exactly what it does when booting. The sequence of events is...

1. Windows logo on a black screen
    2. circling dots appear beneath the logo
    3. light blue 'Please wait' screen with circling dots
    4. a command prompt window (very briefly)
    5. the initial Setup page appears

Do you see steps 1-3? If so, it appears you have stopped at step 4, suggesting that something on the disc cannot be read.

Does the disc boot properly in another machine? If so, try cleaning the laptop's drive lens then try booting from the disc again.

If not, make new install media with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, either as a bootable USB, on an ISO that you can burn to another disc. At Step 8 in Option One of this tutorial you can choose between making a USB or an ISO.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

Bree, Feb 4, 2019
  3. cwtech Win User
    command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, Feb 4, 2019
  4. Ryan Pag Win User

Command prompt Administrator issue under Win 10

Hello,

Here's the alternative steps to run open the command prompt as administrator.

• Press Windows Logo + X.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin) to open command prompt as administrator.

Let us know how it goes.

Ryan Pag, Feb 4, 2019
  5. StevenG New Member
    Why would you want to do that in todays environment? Don't use DVD (they are ancient) use a USB drive and download the ISO from Microsoft, simple, then, do the following:

1. Go to “Download Windows 10: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 you have a first choice of download "Windows 10 October 2018 Update now available" click on “Update now” and try to use this tool to get 1809, I'm not sure if it downloads the latest OS Build 17763.292? But to get latest OS builds 'standalone packages' go to this link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/4476976 and you can download any OS build there, that you are missing
    2. Or, you have the choice of creating a USB boot drive from option 2 "Create Windows 10 installation media" then pressing "Download tool now"

Simple, then install and activate the appropriate windows version that you have either by online activation or by a provided key.

StevenG, Feb 4, 2019
    1 person likes this.
Thema:

1. Reinstall win 10 iso from command prompt - Similar Threads - Reinstall iso command

2. Reinstalling Windows 10 from ISO image

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstalling Windows 10 from ISO image: If I reinstall windows from ISO image and retain my files AND APPS is this the same as a clean reinstall? Will all my windows settings including networking be reset. So many adjustments have been made trying to set up my home network it is a mess....
  3. WINDOWS 10 20H2 Reinstall from ISO

in Windows 10 Customization
    WINDOWS 10 20H2 Reinstall from ISO: I have recently Reloaded WIN 10 from the 20H2 ISO since my WIN 10 wouldn't do MANY items.[Like B/Us, UDs, etc. NOW, New WIN 10 20H2 can't see itself, NOR can any other PC on the network see the New WIN 10 20H2 WHAT am I missing??...
  4. Win 10 booting into command prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 booting into command prompt: There's a thread about this from almost two years ago - windows boots into black screen with command prompt - but I tried adding the suggested code and still am booting into the command prompt. I type explorer.exe and all is well till the next boot. I have attached a...
  5. Reinstall from Recovery Mode's Command Prompt?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reinstall from Recovery Mode's Command Prompt?: So, I've had a problem with booting Windows 10, and I've decided on Reinstalling Windows 10, without losing personal files. The only way that I can do that now is via the Command Prompt in Recovery Mode, but I'm unsure of what commands to type in to do that, as Google isn't...
  6. Command (s) in Windows 10 Home Repair Command Prompt without reinstalling it

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Command (s) in Windows 10 Home Repair Command Prompt without reinstalling it: Hello, Dear Sir, please give me a command (orders) in Windows 10 Home Repair without prompting to reinstall it from the beginning. Wait for response! A wonderful day!...
  7. command prompt commands

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    command prompt commands: Can anybody just tell me what the command prompt for starting up in safe mode with networking is, if there is one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/command-prompt-commands/7b058934-65f0-40dc-8982-936764895a61
  8. Lost Command Prompt in Win-X Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost Command Prompt in Win-X Menu: Somehow I have deleted the command prompt and powershell entries in the Win-X menu (the right-click on the Win button menu). Anybody know how to restore either to that menu? I have tried installing and using the Win-X editor from winaero.com but without sucess. While there...
  9. Can you open Elevated Command Prompt from Command Prompt?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can you open Elevated Command Prompt from Command Prompt?: I have read everything I can find on Error messages regarding looping of Preparing to Repair. I can not open my computer to Windows...it never loads. I started experiencing problems a while ago. Finally, I would be able to get on line, but only for about a minute before it...
  10. commands in command prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    commands in command prompt: is there a full list of DOS style Commands buried somewhere in win10 i try CHKDSK and get nowhere with the command unless I'm typing it wrong. but there are a few otthers i would be interested in as well. 54240