Windows 10: Reinstalling Microsoft Edge

Discus and support Reinstalling Microsoft Edge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Microsoft Edge would pop up and then close. I searched all over the net for the solution! http://superuser.com/questions/94929...0-edge-browser... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Slugger, Sep 14, 2015.

1. Slugger Win User

Reinstalling Microsoft Edge

Microsoft Edge would pop up and then close. I searched all over the net for the solution!

http://superuser.com/questions/94929...0-edge-browser

from link:

" I had faced similar issues with the edge browser. It disappeared one day. There was no way to manually launch the edge browser. Today I was able to fix it.
    First we need to delete the corrupt edge folder. The path => C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe
    Delete the "Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe" Folder
    You may not able to delete the folder itself and 2 or 3 files. but it does'nt matter. Select the folder, Hit Delete, Then if it asks for admin privileges, Just hit skip and then ok . Restart the computer.
    Then Launch Powershell as administrator and run the following command. Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers -Name Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml" -Verbose}
    Hit enter and once the command is executed, Quit powershell and restart the computer to complete the process.
    The edge browser will be back and running in all its glory.
    Please find below the link to the site that has step by step instruction to reinstall the edge browser http://www.techtantri.com/how-to-rei...-edge-browser/

"

Now Microsoft Edge works!

:)

Slugger, Sep 14, 2015
  2. DAZ2002 Win User
    DAZ2002, Sep 14, 2015
  3. SpiritX MS MVP, Sep 14, 2015
  4. trembuzz Win User

Frustration is a mild word for what I'm dealing with! Upgraded from W7 but Edge cannot access the web or even search the web as Start Menu does not recognise that I'm actually connected. Error code 0x80072EFD when trying to access the store as well. Most of the Metro apps can't connect. The weather app defaults to Ottawa. (I live in Westlock, Alberta Canada). The "Contact Support" app tells me "something went wrong on our end try again later" Later being a euphemism for "no, don't even try". Surprisingly, Maps works to a degree. What the heck is it connecting to if the other metro apps can't connect? Huh? WTF. Been scrolling down the "all apps" and trying each one so bear with me Money; service not currently available try again later, News; same, OneDrive; seems to work but I don't use it, Online Services; tells me I'm connected! People app; couldn't find any contacts. Search can't connect right now but you can still search your stuff. (thanks so much Search), Skype; seems to work..... basically anything that connects through Edge doesn't work. I have tried making my network "private" but there's no option to do so in settings because my system doesn't "know" that I'm actually connected to a network. Even changing to "private" through the registry doesn't help! Speaking of which, Help!

trembuzz, Sep 15, 2015
  5. Slugger Win User
  6. Almighty1 Win User
    Powershell (Administrator)
    Add-AppxPackage -register "C:\windows\systemapps\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\Appxmanifest.xml" -DisableDevelopmentMode

Almighty1, Sep 18, 2015
  7. trembuzz Win User
    I've tried to run this in Powershell but was unable to.

trembuzz, Sep 18, 2015
  8. Almighty1 Win User

What happened when you tried to run it? It's all one line.

Almighty1, Sep 18, 2015
  9. trembuzz Win User
    PS C:\> windows\systemapps\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\Appxmanifest.xml
    windows\systemapps\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\Appxmanifest.xml : The module 'windows' could not be loaded.
    For more information, run 'Import-Module windows'.
    At line:1 char:1
    + windows\systemapps\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\Appxmanifest ...
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (windows\systema...ppxmanifest.xml:String) [], CommandNotFoundException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CouldNotAutoLoadModule

Suggestion [3,General]: The command windows\systemapps\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\Appxmanifest.xml was not found, but does exist in the current location. Windows PowerShell does not load commands from the current location by default. If you trust this command, instead type: ".\windows\systemapps\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\Appxmanifest.xml". See "get-help about_Command_Precedence" for more details.
    PS C:\>
    oops! I forgot to add the first line

trembuzz, Sep 18, 2015
  10. Almighty1 Win User
    Make sure it's exactly like this:
    Code: Add-AppxPackage -register "C:\windows\systemapps\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\Appxmanifest.xml" -DisableDevelopmentMode[/quote]

Almighty1, Sep 19, 2015
  11. trembuzz Win User
    [/quote] Yeah, tried it no joy. Also reinstalled W10 over my upgrade and used an updated driver from Realtek for my ethernet card but still no connection with Edge or anything that uses that app to connect. I'm now doubting that even a clean install will fix this. I still have IE 11 and all is good with that so until MS discontinues support for IE 11 I guess I`ll live with it. I`ve tried Edge on three other PC`s that we have and I like it so it would be nice to have it working properly on this one!
    Thanks again for the input.

trembuzz, Sep 19, 2015
  12. Ztruker Win User
    You need to run it in a Administrator Powershell Window.

Ztruker, Sep 20, 2015
  13. trembuzz Win User

Yeah I did all that nothing seems to work so I'll resign myself to IE 11 for now 'till MS quits support which won't be 'till 202x.
    Thanks

P.S. I have the app and it works except it can't see my connection to the internet

trembuzz, Sep 20, 2015
  14. Some Guy Win User
    I am posting this info in the hopes it may relieve somebody else's frustration a bit:
    I too had problems with Edge opening then closing for 1 username only. I followed instructions from several places but could not actually get Edge to reinstall for this user. Finally I added this user to the Administrators group. I also deleted the folder C:\Users\ < username> \AppData\Local\MicrosoftEdge as well as the folder mentioned above (...Packages etc). I then reinstalled Edge using the instructions above (be sure to run Powershell as Administrator). The user account was then set back to Power User.
    Edge now works correctly for this user.

Some Guy, Oct 19, 2015
  15. A Jubayer Win User
    Why disabling the development mode??

A Jubayer, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Reinstalling Microsoft Edge - Similar Threads - Reinstalling Microsoft Edge

2. How to reinstall microsoft edge for samsung tablet t310

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reinstall microsoft edge for samsung tablet t310: How to reinstall microsoft edge on samsung tablet t310 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-reinstall-microsoft-edge-for-samsung-tablet/33718a8f-4a89-4ab2-9253-708625e85ca0
  3. How to reinstall microsoft edge for samsung tablet t310

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to reinstall microsoft edge for samsung tablet t310: How to reinstall microsoft edge on samsung tablet t310 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-reinstall-microsoft-edge-for-samsung-tablet/33718a8f-4a89-4ab2-9253-708625e85ca0
  4. Microsoft edge not opening after Windows reinstall.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft edge not opening after Windows reinstall.: Hello, I reinstalled windows couple hours ago because I wanted to exit insider dev. But for some reason Insider is still here and Microsoft edge is not here, So I can´t install chrome. How do I fix Microsoft not opening?...
  5. How to Uninstall and Reinstall Microsoft Edge Because of Malware Issue

in Browsers and Email
    How to Uninstall and Reinstall Microsoft Edge Because of Malware Issue: Windows 10 Pro – 64 bit Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.752) Microsoft Edge Version 80.0.361.111 (Official build) (64-bit) Hello, Question How do I uninstall Microsoft Edge and reinstall it? Do I need to do anything special to help ensure that the malware is gone when I...
  6. [Solved]How do I reinstall Microsoft EDGE

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    [Solved]How do I reinstall Microsoft EDGE: I have looked at the other answers in this forum and I believe the only cure for Microsoft's Edge is to reinstall it. It is so slow when it doesn't redirect that it is useless. So. Someone guide me on its reinstall please! Regards John...
  7. How do I reinstall Microsoft eDGE

How do I reinstall Microsoft eDGE: I have looked at the other answers in this forum and I believe the only cure for Microsoft's Edge is to reinstall it. It is so slow when it doesn't redirect that it is useless. So. Someone guide me on its reinstall please! Regards John...
  8. How do I reinstall Microsoft eDGE

How do I reinstall Microsoft eDGE: I have looked at the other answers in this forum and I believe the only cure for Microsoft's Edge is to reinstall it. It is so slow when it doesn't redirect that it is useless. So. Someone guide me on its reinstall please! Regards John...
  9. how to reinstal edge

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to reinstal edge: how to reinstal edge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-to-reinstal-edge/be7f26f7-6918-407b-ac12-d4728616d901
  10. Reinstall and Re-register Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reinstall and Re-register Microsoft Edge in Windows 10: How to: Reinstall and Re-register Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 How to Reinstall and Re-register Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster, safer, and...