Windows 10: Reinstalling Window 10 to clean PC

Discus and support Reinstalling Window 10 to clean PC in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I freely upgraded to window 10 from window 8.1. I updated and running latest build of Window 10 and on activation page it say window is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DesiGuy, Dec 18, 2015.

1. DesiGuy Win User

Reinstalling Window 10 to clean PC

Hi everyone,

I freely upgraded to window 10 from window 8.1. I updated and running latest build of Window 10 and on activation page it say window is activated with digital entitlement . I had only one partition window C wheer window was installed and i created another partition F where i did put all my personal files. I want to clean drive C of PC where window and all applications are installed. Is there any programme to backup some applications i.e microsoft office and to remove all stuffs in drive C other than window 10. If not how to re-install window 10? If i use reset PC option in recovery then would i need any bootbale USB with window 10 on it? would it ask for any key to activate? I just want to reset C drive of PC with only activated window 10? Would be great if some expert guide me..thanks

:)

DesiGuy, Dec 18, 2015
  2. WizardWN Win User

Windows start not working and can not add new account. Have tried everything on this forum

When you reinstall how do you reinstall Windows 10? Maybe your not doing a true clean reinstall.

Added Edit:

If you do a true clean reinstall on a PC, that PC would not detect or even know Windows 8 was ever installed.

Could be BIOS settings or Modified BIOS for Windows 8.

WizardWN, Dec 18, 2015
  3. Andre Da Costa, Dec 18, 2015
  4. Reinstalling Window 10 to clean PC

If you select the custom install option during the install you can use disk tolls to delete any and all the partitions you want to. Then partition the drive or just leave it blank. If you install to the unallocated space Windows will create the partitions it needs automatically. You'll have to reinstall and programs like Office etc. And you'll want to save any files you don't want to lose to external media. If you have all your user files on a separate partition, just leave the partition alone and don't delete it.
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/9...-download.html
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...n-install.html

alphanumeric, Dec 18, 2015
  5. Forgot to mention, if its already activated with a digital entitlement you just click skip when asked for a key and it will activate with that same digital entitlement on a clean install. As long as you install the correct version. Install the same version you got via the free upgrade and all will be fine.

alphanumeric, Dec 18, 2015
  6. DesiGuy Win User
    Thanks alphanumeric. If i clean install window using reset option in recovery. would i need ISO of window 10 or computer will reinstall window 10 automatically after deleting/cleaning stuffs ?

DesiGuy, Dec 18, 2015
  7. I don't think you need physical media for reset. I haven't done it in a long time. If it does just quit/exit out.

alphanumeric, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Reinstalling Window 10 to clean PC

1. Reinstalling Window 10 to clean PC - Similar Threads - Reinstalling Window clean

2. Clean Windows 10 reinstall

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Clean Windows 10 reinstall: Sorry for writing this in a separate post, im new so i dont know is there is some kind of chat for these problems. Anyways I want to reinstall my windows 10 fully on my ssd (I want all current applications, documents etc. To be deleted). Do I have to delete my files...
  3. Clean reinstall of Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean reinstall of Windows 10 Pro: It's time for me to do a clean reinstall of Windows 10 Pro on my desktop. I can do a total system backup, or even clone my active SSD to a spare HDD. The great majority of my files are located in OneDrive. If after backing up or cloning I do a clean reinstall on the SSD...
  4. Reinstalling Windows 10 after wiping pc clean

Reinstalling Windows 10 after wiping pc clean: I have a custom built gaming PC and my issue is that the games i am playing keep crashing. Everything is up to date. i went through every drive and updated them. i am thinking of resetting the pc and wiping everything off and starting fresh to clear out what i might have...
  5. Clean reinstall Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Clean reinstall Windows 10: Lost admin rights 2nd Time and I'm trying to reinstall Win10 using the Media Creation Tool 1909. Unable to get my computer to boot from the USB drive the tool is on. No matter which option I choose, it boots to the sign in screen. Any help is appreciated....
  6. Clean Reinstall Frozen Windows 10

Clean Reinstall Frozen Windows 10: Hi everyone! So I have a Lenovo Yoga 720-13IKB which of course came factory installed with Windows 10. I was getting the Blue Screen of Death Reason: Paged in Nonpaged Area and was recommended to factory reset the computer and reinstall windows. I copied my essential...
  7. Reinstall after clean reinstall of windows 10

Reinstall after clean reinstall of windows 10: i back up my windows 10 machine to a western digital hard drive. Will that reinstall all of my applications? thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstall-after-clean-reinstall-of-windows-10/1ef582dd-62a0-4774-a637-173c9f32cc19
  8. Windows 10 clean reinstall

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 clean reinstall: Will doing a clean install on a machine with a install file created on a different machine still allow me to have a activated version on the repaired computer? The machine that needs repairing is a Windows 7 computer that was upgraded when it was free. Thanks in advance,...
  9. Windows 10 clean reinstall

Windows 10 clean reinstall: I downloaded windows 10 during the free period, i now want to install it on a new computer before this one dies but I dont seem to have a product key - it was automatically updated How do i go about this?...
  10. Regarding Clean Reinstall of Windows 10

Regarding Clean Reinstall of Windows 10: I'm running a dual boot setup, with Windows 7 installed on my first SSD and Windows 10 installed on the second. I initially had Win 8.1, but upgraded it to 10. I'd like to perform a clean reinstall of Windows 10, what would be the best way to do this? Would it be to select...