Windows 10: Reinstating Windows Defender after McAfee

Discus and support Reinstating Windows Defender after McAfee in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Will windows 10 DEFENDER automatically be re instated when present McAfee security runs out or will I have to do something to get it back onto my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Mbew, Dec 30, 2018.

1. Mbew Win User

Reinstating Windows Defender after McAfee

Will windows 10 DEFENDER automatically be re instated when present McAfee security runs out or will I have to do something to get it back onto my laptop? If so, what action do I take?

:)

2. Conflict between McAfee and Windows Defender

Did you ask McAfee support (McAfee) and/or in their forum (McAfee Support Community)?

Try to

In case Windows Defender is still not disabled after doing the above steps, either

disable Windows Defender manually (see the Answer-marked post of GreginMich in

this
    thread)

or

use a REG file (see Option 2 here: Windows Defender - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 )

Jsssssssss, Dec 30, 2018
  3. Jsssssssss, Dec 30, 2018
  4. Reinstating Windows Defender after McAfee

McAfee and Windows Defender

When a different antimalware protection product is installed, Windows Defender is disabled to make sure the two products do not interfere. In other words, McAfee tells Windows that McAfee is now protecting the system, and Windows therefore turns off Windows
    Defender.

There should be an uninstall entry for McAfee if you'd like to remove the trial. Go to Start | Settings | System | Apps & features to find McAfee's entry. Once you click on it, there should be an Uninstall button that'll kick off the uninstall steps.

Regards,

Aaron

This information is provided "AS IS" without warranty, and confers no rights.

Aaron Hulett - Former MSFT, Dec 30, 2018
Thema:

Reinstating Windows Defender after McAfee

1. Reinstating Windows Defender after McAfee - Similar Threads - Reinstating Defender McAfee

2. Windows Defender detecting McAfee Defender as Malware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender detecting McAfee Defender as Malware: Hi, I have realized that I cannot launch McAfee as usual. On daily security recap, the Windows Defender marked McAfee process as a severe malware.Screenshots are provided in this Google Drive link, the images always fail to upload to this...
  3. Windows Defender detecting McAfee Defender as Malware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender detecting McAfee Defender as Malware: Hi, I have realized that I cannot launch McAfee as usual. On daily security recap, the Windows Defender marked McAfee process as a severe malware.Screenshots are provided in this Google Drive link, the images always fail to upload to this...
  4. Windows Defender detecting McAfee Defender as Malware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Defender crashes on startup after uninstalling McAfee?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender crashes on startup after uninstalling McAfee?: When I bought my new PC, MacAfee was preinstalled. Seeing that Windows Defender was good enough, I uninstalled McAfee. I still can't open Windows Defender, but still receive notifications about automatic scans. sorry about the GIF quality, I couldn't attach a video...
  6. Windows Defender crashes on startup after uninstalling McAfee?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender crashes on startup after uninstalling McAfee?: When I bought my new PC, MacAfee was preinstalled. Seeing that Windows Defender was good enough, I uninstalled McAfee. I still can't open Windows Defender, but still receive notifications about automatic scans. sorry about the GIF quality, I couldn't attach a video...
  7. McAfee and windows defender

McAfee and windows defender: I have McAfee LiveSave installed on my windows 10 home edition which is taking over the Windows defender firewall. I am trying to add some restrictions in the windows defender firewall inbound policy but it seems to have no effect. I tried blocking port 445 but a netstat...
  8. window defender or mcafee

window defender or mcafee: Hello. I have purchased a new computer that has mcafee installed. I don't want McAfee and prefer Windows defender from the information that I have gathered from the internet. So, can I completely remove MCAfee from my computer and turn on Windows Defender? How do I do this...
  9. Windows 10 defender & McAfee

Windows 10 defender & McAfee: I am running McAfee internet security on windows 10. My question is should windows defender be on as well? I don't seem to be able to switch it off, it just comes back on after a while. I don't seem to get a definitive answer anywhere. 71413
  10. McAfee LiveSafe + Windows Defender

McAfee LiveSafe + Windows Defender: I have McAfee LiveSafe. Should I run McAfee LiveSafe plus Windows Defender? Would it be more protective if I used Windows Defender plus some product other than McAfee LiveSafe? Lastly, is it best to use Windows Defender by itself? I asked a very similar question some time...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. do i have to do something to start defender when the 30day mcafee trial runs out on my new computer