Windows 10: Reliability Monitor and Search/Cortana

Discus and support Reliability Monitor and Search/Cortana in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The search function is totally bereft of useful functionality. Really. If I type "Reli" in the search window, a menu pops open above it. The topmost... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by iamc3k, Jul 6, 2016.

1. iamc3k Win User

Reliability Monitor and Search/Cortana

The search function is totally bereft of useful functionality. Really.

If I type "Reli" in the search window, a menu pops open above it. The topmost menu item is a gear symbol (the settings wheel thingie) and the words "View Reliability History" and "Control Panel" beneath it.

Perfect, right?

Wrong.

If I select that menu item, I go to window which says "Search Results" and has "Reli" in the window, and nothing else.

Yet, I know that the reliability history is accessible via the control panel.

Even if I type "reliability history" into the search window, it still won't link me there.

Why???

Why does typing a search parameter in search window/Cortana window only open up ANOTHER "settings" search window...which cannot find folders, files, or settings which I know exist?

Is this broken, or working as intended and I just don't understand why I shouldn't be able to find things?

Thanks,
    Ken

:)

iamc3k, Jul 6, 2016

2. Cortana Error in Reliability Monitor

Hi,

Thanks for the update.

Glad to know your issue is resolved. We appreciate the time and effort spent in resolving the above issue.

Write to us for further assistance regarding any Windows related query, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jul 6, 2016
  3. Jessen P Win User
    Cortana Error in Reliability Monitor

Hi,

Thank you for the update.

I would suggest you to create a new user account and then check if it helps.

• Type Settings on the search bar.

• Click on Accounts.

• Go to Family and Other users, in that click on Add someone else to PC.

• In there click on Microsoft Account if you want to create an MS account or else click on Local Account.

• There give a name to the account and provide password if you want.

Thank you.

Jessen P, Jul 6, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Your system is certainly not working as intended. There must be some system files corrupted. Try the DISM route.

philc43, Jul 6, 2016
  5. iamc3k Win User
    Hmmm... I've run sfc /scannow and get no integrity violations.

iamc3k, Jul 7, 2016
  6. philc43 Win User
    philc43, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Reliability Monitor and Search/Cortana - Similar Threads - Reliability Monitor Search

2. Reliability Monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reliability Monitor: Why new version of Windows 10 I am currently on Windows 10 v21H1 Build 19043.1023 removed the Reliability Analysis Component task from Task Scheduler Library... which keeps record of every critical events and informational events?...
  3. Reliability Monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reliability Monitor: Why new version of Windows 10 I am currently on Windows 10 v21H1 Build 19043.1023 removed the Reliability Analysis Component task from Task Scheduler Library... which keeps record of every critical events and informational events?...
  4. Reliability Monitor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Reliability Monitor: I've noticed that the Reliability Monitor has been acting a bit weird. For one thing, it takes longer than it used to to show the results. Not a long time by any means, but definitely a bit of a longer wait. The strange part is that critical errors such as Hardware Errors...
  5. Reliability monitor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Reliability monitor: Reliability monitor shows unsuccessful application installation every 15 minutes Windows Installer installed the product. Product Name: Core. Product Version: 1.1.226. Product Language: 1033. Manufacturer: Webroot. Installation success or error status: 1603...
  6. Reliability Monitor is blank

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Reliability Monitor is blank: I check Security and Maintenance\Reliability Monitor every so often but recently it has completely stopped showing reports/events. It used to show minor app crashes and events like Windows Defender updates but now shows nothing. I cleared "reported problems" hoping it would...
  7. Reliability Monitor corrupted ?

Reliability Monitor corrupted ?: Hello, For several weeks, the reliability monitor of Windows 10 ( Version 1909 ( 18363.815 ), 64 bits ) no longer shows me any information ( Critical errors, warnings, Windows Update updates ) outside the horizontal graph line ( Daily score from 0 to 10 ). The window is...
  8. Reliability Monitor Questions

Reliability Monitor Questions: Hi, and thanks for taking the time to look over my question. My question is about the Reliability Monitor. First, I am not showing any entries at all. Not even any blue update notifications, which have been there in the past. Is there any reason these entries are no...
  9. Reliability Monitor: Cortana - Stopped working

Reliability Monitor: Cortana - Stopped working: I have upgraded to Windows 10 first my laptop and, more recently, my desktop. I use Reliability Monitor daily. Three days into Windows 10, Reliability Monitor on my desktop reported an application failure yesterday: "Cortana - stopped working". There are two further such...
  10. Reliability monitor graph

Reliability monitor graph: Reliability monitor failure/success points display as they should, but graph stays at maximum and never varies. This, on a Windows 10 HOME laptop. On the W10 Pro desktop, the graph tracks as it should. Both are clean, virus-free installs. Reliability history has been...