Windows 10: Reliability Monitor Questions

Discus and support Reliability Monitor Questions in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, and thanks for taking the time to look over my question. My question is about the Reliability Monitor. First, I am not showing any entries at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by b1rd, Jan 8, 2016.

1. b1rd Win User

Reliability Monitor Questions

Hi, and thanks for taking the time to look over my question.

My question is about the Reliability Monitor.

First, I am not showing any entries at all. Not even any blue update notifications, which have been there in the past. Is there any reason these entries are no longer being displayed?

Second, I understand that the Reliability Monitor will assign a stability index number, as an indication of how stable/unstable one's computer is. I have looked through the program, however I am unable to locate that numerical entry. If somebody could point me to where this can be located, that would be very much appreciated.

Regards,

Note: I do have this view set to Weeks, not Days- however there are no entries within the days either.

:)

b1rd, Jan 8, 2016

2. Reliability Monitor

With regard to this problem. I noticed that when I logged on to my local administrator account

Windows Error Service was "running" but when I logged on to my Microsoft Account the service

was "stopped". Could this be the problem?

Joe Masaro, Jan 8, 2016
  3. Reliability monitor

Reliability Monitor Questions [​IMG]

Screen shot of daily monitor windows re-configures every restart or boot up of laptop

JPickett60, Jan 8, 2016
  4. JohnC Win User

I don't know why you are not showing updates, I am. But I can answer the answer the question about the stability index. It is the vertical numbers on the left hand side. You might want to change the vew by to days rather than weeks and see if that shows more detail.

JohnC, Jan 8, 2016
  5. b1rd Win User
    Hey JohnC-

Thanks for the fast reply.

I do have that horizontal thin blue line along the very top, which is partially visible in my above screenshot. It shows that I am very stable, however I'm now wondering how accurate this is, since there's nothing else showing at all. In the past I saw the updates and I did see one critical entry when a program refused to shut down properly, so I know it worked before.

I suppose I can see if I can force an entry, via a manual update somewhere.

I'm going to wait just a bit before marking this as solved, in case there's additional info about the lack of entries.

Again thanks,

b1rd, Jan 9, 2016
  6. AnEdge Win User
    Wow, that's one clean graph!! Something is not right with it ,obviously. Even with a weekly chart it should still show events . No monitor would ever be that clean
    I see its a custom rig,did you upgrade from 7 or 8? You may have some corrupt files.
    Run an sfc/scannow (admin) . If anything is bad its an easy fix,with DISM

AnEdge, Jan 9, 2016
  7. b1rd Win User
    I did some checking, and it appears that I needed to reset the monitor. There were a few different options on how to do this, but I opted for a batch file download from HERE. (*This only indicates that it's for Win- 7/8, however I used it anyhow and it seems to be working)

Anyhow, I re-checked my Reliability History and it now shows one critical entry, which is about Cortana not working- which is how I configured it anyhow.

I'm going to give it a day or so, then if other entries show up, I'll considered this as solved.

Again thanks,

Edit:
    I just checked again and now shows a few more entries, so I think this issue is solved. It appears that resetting the Reliability Monitor corrected things.

b1rd, Jan 9, 2016
  8. b1rd Win User

I just re-marked this as "not solved."

For whatever reason, when I checked the Reliability History this morning, it's shows absolutely no entries again. I'm going to look into things more and re-post if / when I find anything to help with this issue.

b1rd, Jan 9, 2016
  9. AnEdge Win User
    Did you run an SFC scan? I would imagine you did

AnEdge, Jan 9, 2016
  10. b1rd Win User
    Hey AnEdge,

Yes I did, and I do apologize for not making mention of that before, as I did note your prior reply. I had already ran it before my initial post.

The scan did show a file or two that could not be repaired. I tired a program called SFC.exe, which I understand is suppose to help with this, however it too said the file could not be repaired. However, to the best of my recollection, I have always had a file that could not be repaired from the very first scan, which I think was well before the Reliability issue began, but I could be wrong about that.

I do have one theory that I am going to check.

I have my system set to run the Windows back up imaging utility every early morning. As far as I know, this was the only thing that was done since I thought the reliability utility issue was fixed. I did use the same batch file to get it working again, as well as disabled the daily back-ups, so I'll know if there's any relationship come tomorrow morning. That won't necessarily mean I found a fix, but I'm hoping to at least see if that does have any affect and go from there. I do use Macrium, AOMEI and EaseUS, so I will have other alternatives if need be.

11. AnEdge Win User
    Do this and your system will thank you for it!!
    This method requires you to have an isodownloaded from Tech Bench.
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/techbench

Once you have it downloaded from Tech Bench, right click at it > click Mount> leave it there.
    Now go back to your elevated command prompt, at the flashing prompt, copy/pastethis command line......................

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim:H:\sources\install.wim:1/limitaccess

Note : H is the drive where the iso is mounted. Change it if yourdriver letter is different.

DISM - Repair Windows 10 Image

When it is completed, you should get the report that the operation issuccessful.
    Now run the sfc /scannow again. It should be ok this time.

You may have to run the sfc scan a few times for it to fix the files

AnEdge, Jan 9, 2016
  12. b1rd Win User
    I came over to Win-10 directly from XP, so some of this is pretty new to me.

I understand that when I "mount" an ISO, it basically creates a virtual drive, where I can access the files from the ISO image. (If I understand things correctly, I suppose it's like back in the day when we use to load the installation CD into a drive and point to that as the location source)

Anyhow, I went ahead an downloaded the ISO from the link you provided- thanks. I did have a previous ISO, however I am not sure if these are being replaced by newer versions, so I re-downloaded it just in case.

However, I am having problems locating it using both the Administrative Command Prompt, as well as the Power Shell. I am getting a message about how the "path could not be found."

I am assuming that the "DVD Drive (G)" is the mounted ISO- see image, but again this is new to me.

If you have a moment, are you able to see what I'm missing?

This was the path that I used:
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim:G:\sources\install.wim:1/limitaccess
    (I should add that I also changed the drive letter to D, and even tried C and the results were the same)

13. lx07 Win User

You didn't run CCleaner and clear your event logs by any chance? That is what reliability monitor shows...

for the dism you need a space after the 1 and before the /limitaccess

EDIT: The G is correct - it is where the ISO is mounted... So you want:

Code: Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim:G:\sources\install.wim:1 /limitaccess[/quote] not
    Code: Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim:G:\sources\install.wim:1/limitaccess[/quote]

14. AnEdge Win User
    Ixo7, my apologies!! Great catch!!

He also said he came from XP, is it possible that its not activated? Unless he bought it, the free upgrade is only for 7 and 8 ...Just throwing some things around.
    Its possible its still on the 90 day free trial and that may be throwing some things off.

AnEdge, Jan 9, 2016
  15. b1rd Win User
    Thanks again for the assistance.

Yes I did (do)- great catch! I completely forgot about that, and I have since unchecked Windows Log Files within Ccleaner.

Also, I did change the source path to include the space and it did finally work. It said the it has successfully completed, but when I ran the System File Checker again, it's still showing some corrupted files.

I ran the command prompt again, using a command to show only the (4) corrupted files, which are specific to Windows Journal .lnk.

I did some checking and it looks as if one possibility might be a corrupted registry entry. I have been known to play around in the registry here and there (not very wise I know), so perhaps it's something I did. And admittedly, I have also used a reg cleaner in the past, but rarely anymore.

I have not really experienced any issues at all, except for the history being cleared, which turned out to be Ccleaner (which I confirmed by running it while I still had some entries) So, I'll re-run things again, but since everything seems to be working fine, I'm not going to delve into it too much. Not at this time anyhow.

Thanks again for the suggestions. I've been interested in learning how to mount an image and I was able to learn how to do that, so thank-you for that too!

Regards,

* Let me wait another day before I mark this as solved.

PS- Yes, I do have an activated version of Win-10- clean install.

Thema:

1. Reliability Monitor Questions - Similar Threads - Reliability Monitor Questions

2. Reliability Monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reliability Monitor: Why new version of Windows 10 I am currently on Windows 10 v21H1 Build 19043.1023 removed the Reliability Analysis Component task from Task Scheduler Library... which keeps record of every critical events and informational events?...
  3. Reliability Monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reliability Monitor: Why new version of Windows 10 I am currently on Windows 10 v21H1 Build 19043.1023 removed the Reliability Analysis Component task from Task Scheduler Library... which keeps record of every critical events and informational events?...
  4. Reliability Monitor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Reliability Monitor: I've noticed that the Reliability Monitor has been acting a bit weird. For one thing, it takes longer than it used to to show the results. Not a long time by any means, but definitely a bit of a longer wait. The strange part is that critical errors such as Hardware Errors...
  5. Reliability monitor

Reliability monitor: Reliability monitor shows unsuccessful application installation every 15 minutes Windows Installer installed the product. Product Name: Core. Product Version: 1.1.226. Product Language: 1033. Manufacturer: Webroot. Installation success or error status: 1603...
  6. Reliability Monitor is blank

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Reliability Monitor is blank: I check Security and Maintenance\Reliability Monitor every so often but recently it has completely stopped showing reports/events. It used to show minor app crashes and events like Windows Defender updates but now shows nothing. I cleared "reported problems" hoping it would...
  7. Reliability Monitor corrupted ?

Reliability Monitor corrupted ?: Hello, For several weeks, the reliability monitor of Windows 10 ( Version 1909 ( 18363.815 ), 64 bits ) no longer shows me any information ( Critical errors, warnings, Windows Update updates ) outside the horizontal graph line ( Daily score from 0 to 10 ). The window is...
  8. Reliability Report Monitor

Reliability Report Monitor: Updated this week, can't access programs that used to work! Crashes with no error code, just exits back to the desktop! Any ideas, trying to use Exiftool and Gui for Exiftool for reading exif from photos. [ATTACH]...
  9. Reliability monitor, is it working?

Reliability monitor, is it working?: I had never heard of the Reliability monitor till today. I open mine but I don't know enough about it to tell if its working or not. It opens immediately when I click to open it and don't seem to be generating anything. At the top right corner above the graph, it says it was...
  10. Reliability monitor graph

Reliability monitor graph: Reliability monitor failure/success points display as they should, but graph stays at maximum and never varies. This, on a Windows 10 HOME laptop. On the W10 Pro desktop, the graph tracks as it should. Both are clean, virus-free installs. Reliability history has been...