Windows 10: Reliability Monitor shows constant Windows crashes

Discus and support Reliability Monitor shows constant Windows crashes in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi all, Since upgrading to Win 10, I have noticed that with most (but not all) system shutdowns and restarts, it result in a nice red X with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by GregH, Aug 21, 2015.

1. GregH Win User

Reliability Monitor shows constant Windows crashes

Hi all,

Since upgrading to Win 10, I have noticed that with most (but not all) system shutdowns and restarts, it result in a nice red X with the 'Windows was not properly shut down" Clicking on it gives no clues, just says "The previous shutdown at [time] on [date] was unexpected.

There is no other indication other than what the Reliability Monitor reports. I would not even be aware there was an issue. The PC starts as normal with no errors on every boot. Any ideas on what might be causing this?

:)

GregH, Aug 21, 2015

2. windows 10 desktop goes blank periodically from explorer crash

What about Reliability Monitor? Have you had look in there for crashes involving explorer.exe?

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle

---

Robert Aldwinckle on forums, Aug 21, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Homegroup NG after new login change

Go to reliability monitor wherein you may find details that is causing this crash.

Here’s how to navigate to Reliability Monitor.

Go to Start\Control Panel\System and Security\Action Center\Reliability Monitor

From the history, check the technical details of the error message. This should give relevant information as in which application is causing this error.

For other ways to access Reliability Monitor and for further information, see:

How to use Reliability Monitor

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/How-to-use-Reliability-Monitor

Fukiko Mikuto, Aug 21, 2015
  4. Reliability Monitor shows constant Windows crashes

Try running sfc /scannow using the command prompt with admin privileges. If the results of running this command line executable results in some errors found but window was unable to correct them then run the dism commands given here:
    DISM - Repair Windows 10 Image - Windows 10 Forums You will not know the results of this repair action for a day or so because the reliability monitor needs 24 hours to report a new condition of your OS.

lopedoggie, Sep 3, 2015
  5. GregH Win User
    Thanks. The sfc /scannow command gives a clean bill of health. No integrity violations or something like that. I suspect there is an errant driver not shutting down. Even if I log off before shutting down, I still get the note about not shutting down properly in Reliability Monitor.

As far as the PC is concerned, it seems happy. On the next restart I get no error messages. It is only in Reliability Monitor that this shows.

GregH, Sep 3, 2015
  6. If you want to clear all the failure applications on the Reliability Monitor, go to the "Run" command and type in eventvwr.msc When it opens go to the left pane and click Windows Logs. Open windows logs and underneath you will see Applications. Click on Applications. Wait till it finishes loading. Now go to the right pane and you will see "clear". Click on that and a menu will pop up and click on "Click and Save". Now all your errors are cleared from the Reliability Monitor and all your updates still show. Let me know how it works out. This won't solve the problems you're having, but it will make the Reliability Monitor look good.

charsig4241, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Reliability Monitor shows constant Windows crashes

1. Reliability Monitor shows constant Windows crashes - Similar Threads - Reliability Monitor shows

2. Reliability Monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reliability Monitor: Why new version of Windows 10 I am currently on Windows 10 v21H1 Build 19043.1023 removed the Reliability Analysis Component task from Task Scheduler Library... which keeps record of every critical events and informational events?...
  3. Reliability Monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reliability Monitor: Why new version of Windows 10 I am currently on Windows 10 v21H1 Build 19043.1023 removed the Reliability Analysis Component task from Task Scheduler Library... which keeps record of every critical events and informational events?...
  4. Reliability Monitor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Reliability Monitor: I've noticed that the Reliability Monitor has been acting a bit weird. For one thing, it takes longer than it used to to show the results. Not a long time by any means, but definitely a bit of a longer wait. The strange part is that critical errors such as Hardware Errors...
  5. Windows Reliablity Monitor...

Windows Reliablity Monitor...: I saw some updates auto-installing behind my back. I paused them, and checked my reliability monitor. I noticed there was an update error for the cumulative update 0x80070002 By my calculations, i think it means the update files couldn't go through due to interrupted...
  6. Waves Maxx Audio - Reliability Monitor showing crashes on Dell laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Waves Maxx Audio - Reliability Monitor showing crashes on Dell laptop: Hello all, I recently formatted and installed Windows 10 Pro version 2004 on my Dell Vostro 5590 laptop. All is running perfectly except for one recurring issue which is only noticeable by checking the Reliability Monitor - See below for the details: Faulting Application...
  7. Reliability monitor

Reliability monitor: Reliability monitor shows unsuccessful application installation every 15 minutes Windows Installer installed the product. Product Name: Core. Product Version: 1.1.226. Product Language: 1033. Manufacturer: Webroot. Installation success or error status: 1603...
  8. Reliability monitor does not show details anymore

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Reliability monitor does not show details anymore: Hello everyone and thank you for helping. The reliability monitor does not show details anymore. The graph line still updates. I have tried resetting the reliability monitor, did sfc scan and dism online restore health (no repairs were needed) ans restarted with no avail. I...
  9. Constant OS Crashing/Hardware Failure in Windows Reliability?

Constant OS Crashing/Hardware Failure in Windows Reliability?: Hello all, My PC has been crashing a lot lately, and I am not sure why. In the Reliability Monitor, I took a look and found a lot of hardware errors. Unfortunately, it does not tell me the specific part that failed. Which is what I am hoping you folks can find out for me....
  10. Reliability Monitor is showing an issue

Reliability Monitor is showing an issue: Description A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly. Problem signature Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent Code: 141 Parameter 1: ffff998344e5a010 Parameter 2: fffff8019475eb24 Parameter 3: 0 Parameter 4: fc4 OS version: 10_0_17763 Service...