Windows 10: Remote Control

Discus and support Remote Control in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My daughter lives some miles from me and is even less computer savvy than myself. It would be handy if I could sometimes have remote control of her... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by gordon99, Aug 27, 2016.

1. gordon99 Win User

Remote Control

My daughter lives some miles from me and is even less computer savvy than myself. It would be handy if I could sometimes have remote control of her laptop to assist her, in the manner that assistance has been given to me in the past by Microsoft. Her laptop O/S is Windows 10 Pro. (the laptop was given to her, hence the Pro. version of Windows). My laptop O/S is Windows 10 Home Edition.
    Can I take remote control of her laptop from mine and if so are straight forward instructions, i.e without confusing waffle, on how to proceed available ?

:)

gordon99, Aug 27, 2016
  2. ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Aug 27, 2016
  3. aalikes7 Win User
    Remote Control

I know that it such software exist for pocket pcs because I had one with a pre-installed programme called Nevo. The idea became more innovative when I saw the movie V for Vendetta. In the movie, character were making phone calls with there remote control
    or vice versa. So, I believe that Nokia software programmers may take such ideas and run with them.

aalikes7, Aug 27, 2016
  4. Kari Win User

Remote Control

5. cereberus Win User
    Teamviewer is a great tool for doing this. Many guides on web and you tube.

Use a strong password as with any remote access tool.

Do not set it up for remote unattended access unless this is essential.

cereberus, Aug 27, 2016
  6. gordon99 Win User
    Thank you both for your replies. Intending to try Quick Assist first, when I looked for it the app was nowhere to be found. I investigated on line and after a bit of searching I discovered that my version of Windows 10 viz. 1511 did not contain Quick Assist. I had to update with the Anniversary version of Windows 10 (1607) which has only recently been released I gather. This I did but I must say it was not as straightforward as I had hoped. Although the update took just 20 minutes to download, it took a further two hours or so to install on my laptop and at one stage the laptop shut down, probably due to overheating. Anyway, the update eventually finished and Quick Assist is now on the laptop so I will now proceed to follow the instructions.
    I will sign off this thread as closed and once again thank you both for your help.

gordon99, Aug 28, 2016
  7. swarfega Win User
    If the laptop is prone to overheating, you might want to consider getting one of these.

swarfega, Aug 28, 2016
  8. gordon99 Win User

Remote Control

Thanks for the suggestion swarfega, I will order one now. They seem to be reasonably priced. I was not aware of the existence of these coolers.

gordon99, Aug 28, 2016
  9. swarfega Win User
    Sorry I can't suggest a particular one as I've not had experience of them.

swarfega, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Remote Control

1. Remote Control - Similar Threads - Remote Control

2. I have been having issues with people remotely accessing and controlling my devices and my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have been having issues with people remotely accessing and controlling my devices and my...: 2024-04-30 14:28:52, Info DISM API: PID=13816 TID=42616 DismApi.dll: - DismInitializeInternal 2024-04-30 14:28:52, Info DISM API: PID=13816 TID=42616 DismApi.dll: <----- Starting DismApi.dll session -----> - DismInitializeInternal 2024-04-30 14:28:52, Info DISM API: PID=13816...
  3. I have been having issues with people remotely accessing and controlling my devices and my...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have been having issues with people remotely accessing and controlling my devices and my...: 2024-04-30 14:28:52, Info DISM API: PID=13816 TID=42616 DismApi.dll: - DismInitializeInternal 2024-04-30 14:28:52, Info DISM API: PID=13816 TID=42616 DismApi.dll: <----- Starting DismApi.dll session -----> - DismInitializeInternal 2024-04-30 14:28:52, Info DISM API: PID=13816...
  4. Windows 11 - Disable sleep mode when remote desktop control is active?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Disable sleep mode when remote desktop control is active?: Hello, I had an embarrassing situation today when I was connected to remote desktop when Windows automatically went to sleep. This created a problem with logging in again and I had to solve it through another device. It works now, but the main thing is that it wouldn't have...
  5. Windows 11 - Disable sleep mode when remote desktop control is active?

Windows 11 - Disable sleep mode when remote desktop control is active?: Hello, I had an embarrassing situation today when I was connected to remote desktop when Windows automatically went to sleep. This created a problem with logging in again and I had to solve it through another device. It works now, but the main thing is that it wouldn't have...
  6. Is my computer being remote controlled?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is my computer being remote controlled?: I saw this process on my computer named "8". Just a raw process named "8", the process had the picture of a command prompt, when I opened it up with the arrow next to it I saw a bunch of other processes some of which I recognized. There were multiple numbers like "7" and "6"...
  7. Is my computer being remote controlled?

Is my computer being remote controlled?: I saw this process on my computer named "8". Just a raw process named "8", the process had the picture of a command prompt, when I opened it up with the arrow next to it I saw a bunch of other processes some of which I recognized. There were multiple numbers like "7" and "6"...
  8. Configuration Manager Remote Control being Disconnected Every 10-60 seconds on Dell Rugged...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Configuration Manager Remote Control being Disconnected Every 10-60 seconds on Dell Rugged...: We did an enterprise tablet update via SCCM on Tuesday to a small application on our tablets. With the reboot, this ended up also including a host of other Microsoft Security Updates and Dell Updates. Immediately after, our tablets batteries were draining at double the speed...
  9. Configuration Manager Remote Control being Disconnected Every 10-60 seconds on Dell Rugged...

Configuration Manager Remote Control being Disconnected Every 10-60 seconds on Dell Rugged...: We did an enterprise tablet update via SCCM on Tuesday to a small application on our tablets. With the reboot, this ended up also including a host of other Microsoft Security Updates and Dell Updates. Immediately after, our tablets batteries were draining at double the speed...
  10. Configuration Manager Remote Control being Disconnected Every 10-60 seconds on Dell Rugged...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging