Windows 10: Remove Administrator how?

Discus and support Remove Administrator how? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; How do I remove the need for an Administrator? I don't know how to proceed from the error I get? I am the sole User! Thanks (Please see my... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Composer, Apr 25, 2016.

1. Composer Win User

Remove Administrator how?

How do I remove the need for an Administrator?

I don't know how to proceed from the error I get?

I am the sole User!

Thanks

(Please see my error problem attached error.jpg)

:)

Composer, Apr 25, 2016

2. administrator removal

tried everything that was posted in the community no luck maybe I missed a step I don't know is there an easy way to get rid of the administrator rights my pc is slowly going down hill

vinnycastle, Apr 25, 2016
  3. lintekPC Win User
    Removing administrator

What happened? I thought you were just trying to remove an account that had administrator privileges? What did this "remove everything" do to you? You might have deleted your entire Windows installation.

lintekPC, Apr 25, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

If you mean you wish to be a standard user with reduced rights, you need to create a new account which is a standard user, and use that.

People who have somehow lost their administrator account rapidly run into major issues, and it is not straightforward to correct that problem. You don't want to be in that situation.

dalchina, Apr 25, 2016
  5. There is also the Local account option you can use while removing a single Admin was what I did on an older VM over the weekend which resulted in tossing the VM out entirely! I would follow the lead dalchina suggested in seeing a second standard account created and locking up the present admin account. Even when having the built in System administator account enabled once the default admin was nuked so was the VM! There are no options for seeing a new admin created unless already signed into one!

You may want to review the guide first on how to go about adding a new user account. User Account - Add in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Night Hawk, Apr 25, 2016
  6. Composer Win User
    Thanks but I am overwhelmed with it and what I tried appears to have failed?

Composer, Apr 25, 2016
  7. You need to keep an admin present at all times. You can create a brand new Admin account and nuke the first afterwards if you like. But! You still have to have a main account present otherwise Windows simply won't run! When trying to remove a duplicate listing for the single account to log into on the VM I nuked I could only find the one account under User Accounts and once nuked OOPS! No more VM!

One other reference I should add in here would be how to add/remove aliases for the existing account. First you would need to have an MS account set up however. Microsoft Account Aliases - Add or Remove - Windows 10 Forums

The other guide you may want to get familiar with is how to determine the type of account you have. Account Type - Determine in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Night Hawk, Apr 25, 2016
  8. Composer Win User

Does any one feel generous & competent enough to do it for me via Teamviewer 11 remote access?

Composer, Apr 25, 2016
  9. lx07 Win User
    I would very strongly suggest not to request that her or anywhere else.

I could but I will not and only because you don't know who I am. You don't know who anyone else is either so you don't want to give them Administrator access to your PC.

You don't need to do anything - only understand.

10. Composer Win User
    Back in about 1 hour!

We can do later or tomorrow at your convenience?

I am in Australia and the time is now 4:51 PM

Thanks

Composer, Apr 25, 2016
  11. Composer Win User
    Thanks for that, but IF you are honest I shouldn't have to worry?

Composer, Apr 25, 2016
  12. That wouldn't work out! Sorry! Using the TV program here between the main and a second remotely accessed build I use now mostly for testing things I still have to physically be at the machine itself in order to see certain things tended to. Then as lx07 just indicated you never had over the keys to complete strangers! Not Good! Besides you are 12hrs. apart from my local time anyways! *Smile

For all intent and purposes even with remote access you still simply do not nuke the existing admin account which also requires password and with an MS account more details you want kept private! For simply nuking the first admin account you follow the instructions in the guide to see a new replacement account set up first made an admin account at first to have the admin privileges in order to remove the original account. A second Standard account for everyday use is often the route many take in order to keep the admin account from ever being compromised.

Night Hawk, Apr 25, 2016
  13. lx07 Win User

Well, perhaps I'm not.

For example let me ask you, "when did you stop beating your wife?" There is no (non-incriminating) answer to that.

I'm just saying you really should not ask strangers to take control of your PC.

Secondly there is nothing wrong (and as you have been told) an Admin account is required.

If you keep asking for someone to take Administrator control of your PC I'll report you to the Site Admins for your own safety

14. The one thing I could add here is that also using Team Viewer I do so only with hardwares I own or are responsible for one being a laptop I maintain for someone now under 24/7 care. That is kept under strict control there.

One question I could ask here would be why you would want the present account removed entirely without a substitute admin account? For a complete wipe what you might be looking for is a totally fresh install of 10 where a brand new admin would be part of the process automatically. You can log out of the existing admin and set it to log in automatically to a Local account. You might even want to consider seeing a Guest account created if you worried about someone else accessing your machine?

Otherwise I have to agree with lx07 about wanting someone else to have access granted openly for the security concerns and could ask to have this thread closed. I already explained what can happen when simply going ahead and removing the single admin account fortunately on a VM being replaced anyways!

Night Hawk, Apr 25, 2016
  15. Composer Win User
    Many thanks!

Composer, Apr 25, 2016
Thema:

1. Remove Administrator how? - Similar Threads - Remove Administrator

2. unable to remove MS account from Windows 11 administrator account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to remove MS account from Windows 11 administrator account: I have tried so many ways and getting mad. At the end I decided to open a question: mine was an "administrator" normal account. Then I logged into Edge with MS account and now my local windows account is linked to it. no way to remove. There is no REMOVE link from - accounts...
  3. unable to remove MS account from Windows 11 administrator account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to remove MS account from Windows 11 administrator account: I have tried so many ways and getting mad. At the end I decided to open a question: mine was an "administrator" normal account. Then I logged into Edge with MS account and now my local windows account is linked to it. no way to remove. There is no REMOVE link from - accounts...
  4. How to remove Administrator Control and redo the Adminstrator account to be able to install...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove Administrator Control and redo the Adminstrator account to be able to install...: Windows 11 updated Windows 10 last year when it came out. Just installed all new updates today 4-11-2024, andnow it only shows that I must use Administraol Control with user ID and password, it never did that before.Please help. Now when I try to install an App, it always...
  5. How to remove Administrator Control and redo the Adminstrator account to be able to install...

How to remove Administrator Control and redo the Adminstrator account to be able to install...: Windows 11 updated Windows 10 last year when it came out. Just installed all new updates today 4-11-2024, andnow it only shows that I must use Administraol Control with user ID and password, it never did that before.Please help. Now when I try to install an App, it always...
  6. How do I remove/change administrator email on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove/change administrator email on windows 11: Hello MicrosoftI have administrator email on windows 11 and someone hacked into my email and changed password and I can not acces this email anymore. I dont feel safe having this email as my administrator email on my windows computer.Can you help me and explain how can I...
  7. How do I remove/change administrator email on windows 11

How do I remove/change administrator email on windows 11: Hello MicrosoftI have administrator email on windows 11 and someone hacked into my email and changed password and I can not acces this email anymore. I dont feel safe having this email as my administrator email on my windows computer.Can you help me and explain how can I...
  8. REMOVE hidden "Administrator Account"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    REMOVE hidden "Administrator Account": I am getting decidedly tired of the repeated messages in Windows 10 on my overpriced Microsoft-based Alienware computer telling me that I do not have administrator privileges and therefore my actions are blocked. I am the ONLY account on my PC besides the damned hidden admin...
  9. REMOVE hidden "Administrator Account"

REMOVE hidden "Administrator Account": I am getting decidedly tired of the repeated messages in Windows 10 on my overpriced Microsoft-based Alienware computer telling me that I do not have administrator privileges and therefore my actions are blocked. I am the ONLY account on my PC besides the damned hidden admin...
  10. REMOVE hidden "Administrator Account"

in Windows 10 Customization