Windows 10: Remove apps and items from Start menu

Discus and support Remove apps and items from Start menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have some apps on the start menu that have no uninstall when you RH click? How do I remove the icon? I have 2 other items that have the uninstall... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by grahamm7, May 25, 2020.

1. grahamm7 Win User

Remove apps and items from Start menu

I have some apps on the start menu that have no uninstall when you RH click? How do I remove the icon? I have 2 other items that have the uninstall option but they take me to the Programs - Programs & Feastures that you see in Control Panel. But there doesn't appear to be such a program. Of coursse most of my programs are installed from an installation program from the manufacturer of the program. But now when you purchase programs/apps from Microsoft Store these seem to go onto the Start menu and don'f follow the installation process or un-install route that I am used to. Can any one help with these problems related to apps and the Start Menu.

:)

grahamm7, May 25, 2020

2. Add or Remove Items for All Apps in Start menu in Windows 10  

Hi, @Brink:

My caffeine titer is low, so I must be missing some blatant, basic step to add a shortcut to my account's All Apps list in the Start menu (Option1).
    The new process both for creating shortcuts and for adding/removing items to the Win10 start menu has me flummoxed.
    Your tutorials are always "topnotch", so this must be a cockpit error on my part.

>I would like to follow the suggestion on page 1 of the wushowhide.diagcab tutorial to add a shortcut in All Apps for my account.

I have d/l the wushowhide.diagcab and saved it to my downloads folder.
    I have done Step 1 on Page 1 of THIS tutorial to navigate to the Start Menu Programs folder.
    But HOW do I actually complete Step 3 to create a shortcut and then add it to the Start Menu "All Apps"??

I think I need to first somehow create a shortcut for the .cab file and then add it to All Apps in the start menu???

Please advise.

Thanks!
    MM

P.S. I have been postponing the probably inevitable installation of Class Shell.
    I would rather not have to install a 3rd-party program to be able to perform basic Windows tasks.
    But this new workflow in Win10 for a basic functionality might force me to do it.
    Sigh.

MoxieMomma, May 25, 2020
  3. Add or Remove Start Context menu items

Nyima,

I was not asking about adding and removing regular app items to the start menu, but rather adding or removing items from the Context Menu (Win+X). Specifically, I would like to add the Devices and Printers item to the list.

Thank you for the response.

Crazy IT Dude, May 25, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Brink, May 25, 2020
Thema:

1. Remove apps and items from Start menu - Similar Threads - Remove apps items

2. Remove Chrome pinned items from Start Menu and Taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove Chrome pinned items from Start Menu and Taskbar: Hello,We are rolling out a new secured browser to our company. We don't want to remove Chrome right away, but business has requested that we remove Chrome pinned items from Start Menu and Taskbar. I was trying to find a way to remove just Chrome icons without completely...
  3. Remove Nonexistent items in Start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove Nonexistent items in Start menu: My Start Menu has a lot of entries to programs that are not installed on my system anymore. Is there any way I can remove them, and if so, how can this be done?Best regardsUlf H...
  4. Remove Nonexistent items in Start menu

Remove Nonexistent items in Start menu: My Start Menu has a lot of entries to programs that are not installed on my system anymore. Is there any way I can remove them, and if so, how can this be done?Best regardsUlf H...
  5. Remove Nonexistent items in Start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. How to remove uninstalled items from the Start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove uninstalled items from the Start menu: I'm having a lot of trouble finding the answer to the above question.I've recently uninstalled a few programs from Windows 11, however, the names of the programs remain in the start menu but with no icon. When right clicking, it gives the option to uninstall, but obviously...
  7. How to remove uninstalled items from the Start menu

How to remove uninstalled items from the Start menu: I'm having a lot of trouble finding the answer to the above question.I've recently uninstalled a few programs from Windows 11, however, the names of the programs remain in the start menu but with no icon. When right clicking, it gives the option to uninstall, but obviously...
  8. How to remove item from alphabetical start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove item from alphabetical start menu: I have an item in the alphabetical start menu that no longer exists in applications. How do I remove it? Windows 10 1903 Thank you... 162419
  9. Removing apps from the Start Menu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Removing apps from the Start Menu: There are a number of Apps on my Start Menu that I cannot use. I would like to remove them from the start menu to reduce clutter. I was able to remove OneDrive but none of the others, I'm not asking how to uninstall them because I know Microsoft would NEVER allow that....
  10. Cannot remove items from Start menu

Cannot remove items from Start menu: I'm trying to remove what I suppose are some sort of system items, Mail, Alarms & Clock, Calculator etc. from the "All Apps" menu. Can't do it. They don't appear in the Windows/Start folder either. I'm never going to use some of these "apps", which I assume is the new hip...