Windows 10: Remove arrows from shortcuts

Discus and support Remove arrows from shortcuts in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello Forum, On my previous system (1709) I removed the annoying arrows from desktop shortcuts using instructions given here "How to get rid of app... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Motim, May 13, 2019.

1. Motim Win User

Remove arrows from shortcuts

Hello Forum,
    On my previous system (1709) I removed the annoying arrows from desktop shortcuts using instructions given here "How to get rid of app shortcut arrows on the Windows 10 desktop | Windows Central".
    Tried this on the upgraded system (1803), all desktop icons became black.
    Edited back the registry and the icons came back but with the arrow. Now is there some other way to 'tweek' and remove those arrows.
    Answers will be appreciated
    Thanks

:)

Motim, May 13, 2019
  2. Brink Win User
    Brink, May 13, 2019
  3. tigger Win User
    tigger, May 13, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Brink, May 13, 2019
Thema:

1. Remove arrows from shortcuts - Similar Threads - Remove arrows shortcuts

2. Removing shortcut arrows no longer works after recent windows update.

in Windows 10 Support
    Removing shortcut arrows no longer works after recent windows update.: I have been using the same registry tweak for years to hide shortcut arrows to give my desktop a more sleek look. Since a couple of days ago the same tweak no longer works. Adding to shell icons Code:...
  3. .arrow ransomware removal

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    .arrow ransomware removal: we have win 2k12 dedicated server (on cloud with other company), server is attacked by ransomware .arrow extension where they encrypted tally data files and demanding payment against. we are small scale startup where we have number of tally on cloud users with us. Now all...
  4. Remove shortcut arrows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove shortcut arrows: How do we remove those desktop shortcut arrows? Is there a quick way w/o digging into the registry? I don't see it in the latest UWT. Thanks *Wink 113829
  5. Shortcut arrow

Shortcut arrow: How remove shortcut arrows from desktop icons in Win10 ? 8484
  6. Hiding Shortcut Arrow

Hiding Shortcut Arrow: Hello folks I am new to both these forums and windows 10, so please try and bear with me. Okay, in previous iterations of windows I was always able to hide those unsightly shortcut arrows that are attached to shortcut icons on the desktop. I can do so in Windows 10,...
  7. Anyone hates shortcut arrows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Anyone hates shortcut arrows: I hate those ugly shortcut arrows and this, from XP on. Found this little tool to clean them up while on XP: FxVisor but, it is now called Vista Shortcut Overlay Remover. Still works great even on 10 : Both 32 & 64bit version. FxVisor 64bit version Notice...
  8. How do I remove the shortcut arrows

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I remove the shortcut arrows: Using Win 10 single language home version. How do I remove the little shortcut arrows from the desktop icons? Tried the regedit tutorial creating new shell with file 29, but it just created little black boxes where the shortcut arrows were so I had to remove it. 36304
  9. Shortcut Arrow Icon - Change, Remove, or Restore in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Shortcut Arrow Icon - Change, Remove, or Restore in Windows 10: Hi, I see you do lots of tutorials that are really good, is there any way to remove the shield overlay or replace it with blank.ico maybe with regedit in a similar way to how the shortcut overlay can be removed. I really hate how its covering up 1/4 of my icons on the...
  10. Shortcut arrows keep disappearing

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcut arrows keep disappearing: Since upgrading to W10 from W7, any shortcuts held within folders lose their little arrows after a few hours making them indistinguishable from the original file icons. Replacing these shortcuts with new ones, does not help as the same thing happens after a short time. All...