Windows 10: Remove Dropdown Arrow on This PC Icon from desktop

Discus and support Remove Dropdown Arrow on This PC Icon from desktop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Thanks Edwin! That was the culprit and I was able to remove. I appreciate the assistance! Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by scarzy19, Apr 4, 2018.

1. scarzy19 Win User

Remove Dropdown Arrow on This PC Icon from desktop

Thanks Edwin! That was the culprit and I was able to remove. I appreciate the assistance!

scarzy19, Apr 4, 2018
  2. scarzy19 Win User

I recently noticed that I now have a dropdown arrow on the following desktop icons (This PC, Recycle Bin, Network, and My Local Folder). I have provided a picture to show the arrow on the This PC Icon. I have been searching for hours for a way to remove this drop down arrow. I am using Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. Any help with this is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

:)

scarzy19, Apr 21, 2018
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Desktop Arrow Symbols

The arrow symbol in your screen capture is the standard arrow for a shortcut, it does not mean compression !!

For a step by step registry hack to remove these standard shortcut arrows -
    Click HERE

DaveM121, Apr 21, 2018
  4. Shilohbob Win User

New icon appears on documents since Windows 10

The 2 arrows is the 3 new icon extention that indicate that the Icon is an shortcut to the files/document.

Search internet for 'Remove shortcut extention from desktop icons"

Shilohbob, Apr 21, 2018
  5. Edwin New Member
    Welcome to TenForums, scarzy19! *Smile

That is a QTTabBar feature, in Options, uncheck 3, (or choose one of the other options), click Apply and OK...

Remove Dropdown Arrow on This PC Icon from desktop [​IMG]

Edwin, Apr 21, 2018
  6. swarfega Win User
    swarfega, Apr 21, 2018
Thema:

1. Remove Dropdown Arrow on This PC Icon from desktop - Similar Threads - Remove Dropdown Arrow

2. How to remove the small arrow icon from the applications icons on the desktop without...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove the small arrow icon from the applications icons on the desktop without...: Hello Community,I had Windows 11 Pro installed on my PC and I've recently reinstalled it from the scratch due to some display drivers related issues. After the OS reinstallation, I can see that there're small arrow icons at the bottom left corner of some of the applications...
  3. How to remove the small arrow icon from the applications icons on the desktop without...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove the small arrow icon from the applications icons on the desktop without...: Hello Community,I had Windows 11 Pro installed on my PC and I've recently reinstalled it from the scratch due to some display drivers related issues. After the OS reinstallation, I can see that there're small arrow icons at the bottom left corner of some of the applications...
  4. IHow to remove desktop icon's arrows without regedit

in Windows 10 Customization
    IHow to remove desktop icon's arrows without regedit: Is there a way to remove desktop icon arrows without regedit?I don't want to mess with registry on my main PC because i have sensitive data, tons of apps as well...
  5. Remove shortcut arrow icon ONLY ON DESKTOP?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Remove shortcut arrow icon ONLY ON DESKTOP?: Is there a way to remove the shortcut arrow icon from shortcuts, but only on the desktop? So I could still see them in explorer which is useful, but it would make the desktop look a lot cleaner. submitted by /u/KingofHeck [link] [comments]...
  6. shortcut dbl-arrow icon removal

shortcut dbl-arrow icon removal: recently a large blue dbl-arrow icon is in front of my fie names. How can I remove this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shortcut-dbl-arrow-icon-removal/8049002f-fb9c-411b-83d6-bde2468d087e
  7. Small arrows my desktop icons

Small arrows my desktop icons: I recently noticed small arrows on many of the icons on my desktop. Why were they put there and are they a backdoor into my system? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/small-arrows-my-desktop-icons/162c88a7-afd4-4f33-ae9d-8f871270d73b
  8. How to remove arrow icons on file icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to remove arrow icons on file icons: Yesterday, these icons started to appear on my files. Does anyone know what they are and how to get rid of them? [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-arrow-icons-on-file-icons/083a0ea5-3b3e-43e7-998b-f74239d0adfa"
  9. Hiding the Desktop Icon (Dropdown File Explorer)

Hiding the Desktop Icon (Dropdown File Explorer): Hello everyone, Hereby I would like to ask all of you for help on a problem me and my colleague have been tackling for the past couple of days now. We just can't seem to be able to crack this one. Situation: We are setting up our new Citrix farm and preparing our new...
  10. Weird arrow icon on desktop icons

Weird arrow icon on desktop icons: Since last week I have this strange blue arrow symbol on a lot of my desktop icons. How do I get it off?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-arrow-icon-on-desktop-icons/94391928-601a-4868-a6a4-9b0cd5e48e49