Windows 10: Remove icons from uninstalled apps on "All apps"

Discus and support Remove icons from uninstalled apps on "All apps" in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi Is anyway to edit "all Apps", especially to remove some icons from? I have uninstalled Edge, but the icon is still in Start menu of “all apps”.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DETOM, Aug 21, 2015.

1. DETOM Win User

Remove icons from uninstalled apps on "All apps"

Hi
    Is anyway to edit "all Apps", especially to remove some icons from?
    I have uninstalled Edge, but the icon is still in Start menu of “all apps”.

Tom

:)

DETOM, Aug 21, 2015
  2. CymruAlba Win User

how to remove residue after uninstalling a programme

I downloaded and used a "free Family Tree" programme but recently uninstalled it using the Microsoft uninstaller, as it was unable to represent some relationships. The app is from Chronoplex Software and Titled "My Family Tree". However, when I try close
    down my PC, the My Family Tree icon appears and a message states that I cannot do so as this app is still running. I have the option to override it but want totally remove all remnants of this app from my PC. Can you advise how I can do this please?

CymruAlba, Aug 21, 2015
  3. PravinFS Win User
    remove application from Nokia Lumia 920

if you TAP and HOLD "Games" app (green color icon) it does not remove. How to remove this icon??

PravinFS, Aug 21, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Aug 21, 2015
  5. DETOM Win User
    Hello Brink
    Unfortunately, I didn't find anything to solve the problem, as I posted. Such incons like “Contact support“, „cortana“, „edge“, „feedback“ seem to be not removable, am I right?
    thx
    T

DETOM, Aug 22, 2015
  6. Edwin New Member
    @ DETOM:
    Not sure how you accomplished 'uninstalling' Edge as it is a system app and doesn't have an option to uninstall, per se.
    You could try: C:\Users\{your name}\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Application Shortcuts
    and remove specific items.(Do so at your own risk, though and make backups)

Edwin, Aug 22, 2015
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Yep, Windows apps (aka: modern apps) cannot be removed from All apps unless you uninstall the app. Since these are system apps, it is not recommended to try and uninstall them.

Brink, Aug 22, 2015
  8. DETOM Win User

yes I have uninstalled those but I can see the icons and if i run edge, it doesn't appear anymore.

DETOM, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Remove icons from uninstalled apps on "All apps" - Similar Threads - Remove icons uninstalled

2. How to remove an uninstalled app from the default apps list?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove an uninstalled app from the default apps list?: I uninstalled Calibre an e-book reader. After uninstalling, I noticed that when I right click a .epub file, Calibre still appears as an option. Clicking on it does nothing because it is uninstalled.I suspected that I may still get shown the option to open files with Calibre...
  3. uninstalling and removing apps

uninstalling and removing apps: I recently installed an app to my desk top computer and I want to remove it. I went to "settings" and removed it supposedly but it is still in my computer. It does not show up on the list of apps in my computer but it does show up every time I turn my computer on and it asks...
  4. uninstalling and removing apps

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    uninstalling and removing apps: I recently installed an app to my desk top computer and I want to remove it. I went to "settings" and removed it supposedly but it is still in my computer. It does not show up on the list of apps in my computer but it does show up every time I turn my computer on and it asks...
  5. uninstalling and removing apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Removing all app data without uninstalling the app.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removing all app data without uninstalling the app.: Hey guys, I have an app , but i made some changes by accident in the app's settings, and i want to remove that data. And, it doesn't have app settings, since i installed it from an installer i downloaded. When i reinstalled the app, the data was still on it. How to remove the...
  7. Removing all app data without uninstalling the app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing all app data without uninstalling the app.: Hey guys, I have an app , but i made some changes by accident in the app's settings, and i want to remove that data. And, it doesn't have app settings, since i installed it from an installer i downloaded. When i reinstalled the app, the data was still on it. How to remove the...
  8. Removing all app data without uninstalling the app.

9. Icons of uninstalled apps showing in All apps

Icons of uninstalled apps showing in All apps: Hello all, I am new here, although I did come here quite a few times and many times found the solution :-) My problem is (I am on 1511) that some icons of removed (by powershell) apps reapeared, and there seem to be no way to get rid of them. Nothing I have found had...
  10. Removing dead icons from Start menu All Apps

Removing dead icons from Start menu All Apps: After disabling and uninstalling Cortana, Edge and others as well as Search I ended up with 2 dead icons in the All apps menu one for Search and one for Edge. When I drag the Search icon to the desktop it's named as:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to remove uninstalled items from start menu all apps lost