Windows 10: Remove microsoft apps from the start menus app list

Discus and support Remove microsoft apps from the start menus app list in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Windows 10 includes something like 23+ programs which aren't likely to be commonly used. In my experience it will often drown out apps that I actually... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ReimusKlinsman, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Remove microsoft apps from the start menus app list

Windows 10 includes something like 23+ programs which aren't likely to be commonly used. In my experience it will often drown out apps that I actually use. It gets pretty frustrating when it takes around 30 seconds to find an app I need to open. Sometime I may not remember the name of the app I need to open but know which one when I see it and having to scroll through all the useless microsoft apps like Alarms & Clock, Calendar, Camera, Cortana, Edge, Films & TV.

I know there is no way to uninstall these because some are require by windows itself (I'd bet Win10 will fall over if you unstall the clock) but can they be removed from the app menu or even just grouped under their own folder? This is a massive pet peeve and gets really annoying.

:)

ReimusKlinsman, Dec 3, 2018

2. Kill the letters! (Start menu apps list.)

One final hack/adjustment and I will be at peace.
    So far no-one has come up with a way to remove the stupid letters from the start menu apps list... have they?

Please do NOT suggest third part apps.
    I value the right click menu features on the Start button and all the third party Start Menu apps screw with this.
    I don't want another program, I just want the stupid clumsy letters gone!

Any creative geniuses out there?
    I'm not the only one who wants this, surely! Remove microsoft apps from the start menus app list :)

Remove microsoft apps from the start menus app list [​IMG]

And it doesn't even work...
    Is the name of the program used to determine where the app goes or the name of the company that makes the program.. or even whether it's free or not!
    (See image F for Free!)
    Useless and pathetic Microsoft!

teachermark, Dec 3, 2018
  3. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Dec 3, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

Remove microsoft apps from the start menus app list

Cannot hide app list in Start Menu Windows Home

Hello @Nelle, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

If you haven't already, you might see if you may be able to use Option 2 in the tutorial below to remove the All Apps list from your Start menu.

It uses a group policy setting to do it instead of from Settings.

*Arrow Add or Remove All Apps List in Start Menu in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials

Brink, Dec 3, 2018
Thema:

Remove microsoft apps from the start menus app list

1. Remove microsoft apps from the start menus app list - Similar Threads - Remove microsoft apps

2. How to remove an uninstalled app from the default apps list?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove an uninstalled app from the default apps list?: I uninstalled Calibre an e-book reader. After uninstalling, I noticed that when I right click a .epub file, Calibre still appears as an option. Clicking on it does nothing because it is uninstalled.I suspected that I may still get shown the option to open files with Calibre...
  3. How to remove an uninstalled app from the default apps list?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove an uninstalled app from the default apps list?: I uninstalled Calibre an e-book reader. After uninstalling, I noticed that when I right click a .epub file, Calibre still appears as an option. Clicking on it does nothing because it is uninstalled.I suspected that I may still get shown the option to open files with Calibre...
  4. How to remove app from the Control Panel apps list?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to remove app from the Control Panel apps list?: [ATTACH] I uninstalled Chrome but I see 2 instances that I cannot uninstall. They probably also don't exist but show up anyway. How can I remove them from Control Panel's apps list?...
  5. Remove default blue tile from Microsoft Edge on Start Menu app list

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove default blue tile from Microsoft Edge on Start Menu app list: I was able to either uninstall the other apps with a default blue tile Camera, Calculator, Photos, Paint 3D..., or use a third-party software to change the colour, but with Microsoft Edge none of the methods worked. So I know that Microsoft Edge is near-impossible to...
  6. Permanent removal of the unwanted apps from the Microsoft store Library list

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Permanent removal of the unwanted apps from the Microsoft store Library list: I want to know when we will be able to permanently remove numerous old useless unwanted apps from the Microsoft Store Library list. It is quite a headache to search for an important app among hundreds of old unwanted apps which are just occupying space in the library list....
  7. Permanent removal of the unwanted apps from the Microsoft store Library list

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Permanent removal of the unwanted apps from the Microsoft store Library list: I want to know when we will be able to permanently remove numerous old useless unwanted apps from the Microsoft Store Library list. It is quite a headache to search for an important app among hundreds of old unwanted apps which are just occupying space in the library list....
  8. how can i remove uninstalled apps from start up list

in Windows 10 Customization
    how can i remove uninstalled apps from start up list: this thing has been troubling me since i unistalled epic games launcher , it is still present in my startup list. i even removed HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\EpicGames in regedit listed in some other site , but its still present there . please help me remove this ...[ATTACH]...
  9. Removing apps from the Start Menu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Removing apps from the Start Menu: There are a number of Apps on my Start Menu that I cannot use. I would like to remove them from the start menu to reduce clutter. I was able to remove OneDrive but none of the others, I'm not asking how to uninstall them because I know Microsoft would NEVER allow that....
  10. Removing Cortana, Microsoft Edge, Settings from all apps list

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing Cortana, Microsoft Edge, Settings from all apps list: First off Hello everybody and sorry this is my first post I am normally just a lurker. This forum, even though I have never posted ,has been a huge help with quite a few things and a great resource in general. Trying to clear out the All Apps list on the start menu. Most...