Windows 10: Add or Remove All Apps List in Start Menu in Windows 10

Discus and support Add or Remove All Apps List in Start Menu in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Add or Remove All Apps List in Start Menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove All Apps List in Start Menu in Windows 10 All apps in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Apr 10, 2018.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Add or Remove All Apps List in Start Menu in Windows 10

How to: Add or Remove All Apps List in Start Menu in Windows 10

How to Add or Remove All Apps List in Start Menu in Windows 10

All apps in the Start menu displays an alphabetical list of all your installed Windows apps and desktop apps in Windows 10. Some of these apps are grouped into folders with the folder name in the alphabetical list.

Starting with hide or show the app list (aka: "All apps") in their Start menu.

If you like, you can enable a policy that allows you to either collapse or remove the all apps list from the Start menu.

Collapse and disable setting will not display the app list next to the pinned tiles in Start. An "All apps" button will be displayed on Start to open the all apps list. This will also disable Show app list in Start menu in Settings.

Remove and disable setting will remove the all apps list from the Start menu and Show app list in Start menu in Settings.

This tutorial will show you how to add or remove the all apps list from the Start menu for specific or all users in Windows 10.

*Warning You must be signed in as an administrator to collapse or remove the all apps list from the Start menu.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Add or Remove All Apps List in Start Menu in Local Group Policy Editor
    • Option Two: Add or Remove All Apps List in Start Menu for All Users using a REG file

EXAMPLE: "Show app list in Start menu" in Settings, and All Apps list in Start menu

Add or Remove All Apps List in Start Menu in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] Add or Remove All Apps List in Start Menu in Local Group Policy Editor

*note The Local Group Policy Editor is only available in the Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise, and Education editions.

All editions can use Option Two.
    1. Open the all users except administrators Local Group Policy Editor for how you want this policy applied.

2. In the left pane of the Local Group Policy Editor, click/tap on to expand User Configuration, Administrative Templates, and Start Menu and Taskbar. (See screenshot below)

3. In the right pane of Start Menu and Taskbar, double click/tap on the Remove All Programs list from the Start menu policy to edit it. (see screenshot above)

4. Do step 5 (add), step 6 (collapse), or step 7 (remove) below for what you would like to do.

5. To Add All Apps List to Start Menu
    *note This is the default setting to allow users the ability to turn on or off Show app list in Start menu for their accounts.
    A) Select (dot) either Not Configured or Disabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 8 below. (see screenshot below)

*note Not Configured is the default setting.

6. To Collapse (hide) All Apps List on Start Menu
    A) Select (dot) Enabled, select Collapse and disable setting from the drop menu in "Options", click/tap on OK, and go to step 8 below. (see screenshot below)

7. To Remove All Apps List from Start Menu
    A) Select (dot) Enabled, select Remove and disable setting from the drop menu in "Options", click/tap on OK, and go to step 8 below. (see screenshot below)

8. When finished, you can close Local Group Policy Editor if you like.

9. restart the computer to apply.

OPTION TWO [/i] Add or Remove All Apps List in Start Menu for All Users using a REG file

*note The downloadable .reg files below will add and modify the DWORD value in the registry keys below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

NoStartMenuMorePrograms DWORD

(delete) = Add
    1 = Remove
    2 = Collapse

1. Do step 2 (add), step 3 (collapse), or step 4 (remove) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Add All Apps List to Start Menu for All Users
    *note This is the default setting to allow users the ability to turn on or off Show app list in Start menu for their accounts.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 5 below.

Default_Add_All_Apps_list_to_Start_Menu.reg

Download

3. To Collapse (hide) All Apps List on Start Menu for All Users
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 5 below.

Collapse_All_Apps_list_on_Start_Menu.reg

Download

4. To Remove All Apps List from Start Menu for All Users

Remove_All_Apps_list_from_Start_Menu.reg

Download
    5. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

6. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

7. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

8. restart the computer to apply.

9. You could now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Apr 10, 2018
  2. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Cannot hide app list in Start Menu Windows Home

Hello @Nelle, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

If you haven't already, you might see if you may be able to use Option 2 in the tutorial below to remove the All Apps list from your Start menu.

It uses a group policy setting to do it instead of from Settings.

*Arrow Add or Remove All Apps List in Start Menu in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials

Brink, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Customize Start List Folders in Windows 10  

Hello @WTenNewbie, *Smile

If you like, you could use step 4 in Option One of the tutorial below to add a folder that contains your own shortcuts in the All apps list on the Start menu.

*Arrow Add or Remove Items for All Apps in Start menu in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials

Brink, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Add or Remove Items for All Apps in Start menu in Windows 10  

Hi, @Brink:

My caffeine titer is low, so I must be missing some blatant, basic step to add a shortcut to my account's All Apps list in the Start menu (Option1).
    The new process both for creating shortcuts and for adding/removing items to the Win10 start menu has me flummoxed.
    Your tutorials are always "topnotch", so this must be a cockpit error on my part.

>I would like to follow the suggestion on page 1 of the wushowhide.diagcab tutorial to add a shortcut in All Apps for my account.

I have d/l the wushowhide.diagcab and saved it to my downloads folder.
    I have done Step 1 on Page 1 of THIS tutorial to navigate to the Start Menu Programs folder.
    But HOW do I actually complete Step 3 to create a shortcut and then add it to the Start Menu "All Apps"??

I think I need to first somehow create a shortcut for the .cab file and then add it to All Apps in the start menu???

Please advise.

Thanks!
    MM

P.S. I have been postponing the probably inevitable installation of Class Shell.
    I would rather not have to install a 3rd-party program to be able to perform basic Windows tasks.
    But this new workflow in Win10 for a basic functionality might force me to do it.
    Sigh.

MoxieMomma, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Kill the letters! (Start menu apps list.)

One final hack/adjustment and I will be at peace.
    So far no-one has come up with a way to remove the stupid letters from the start menu apps list... have they?

Please do NOT suggest third part apps.
    I value the right click menu features on the Start button and all the third party Start Menu apps screw with this.
    I don't want another program, I just want the stupid clumsy letters gone!

Any creative geniuses out there?
    I'm not the only one who wants this, surely! Add or Remove All Apps List in Start Menu in Windows 10 :)

And it doesn't even work...
    Is the name of the program used to determine where the app goes or the name of the company that makes the program.. or even whether it's free or not!
    (See image F for Free!)
    Useless and pathetic Microsoft!

teachermark, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Add or Remove All Apps List in Start Menu in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Add Remove Apps

2. How to Add or Remove Items in All apps on Start Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Add or Remove Items in All apps on Start Menu in Windows 10: [ATTACH]The Start menu keeps evolving with the release of new builds or feature updates for the Windows 11/10 OS. PC users have the ability to customize the Start menu to their preference, like adding a folder to the Start menu and more. In this post, we will show you how to...
  3. How to Add or Remove All Apps List in Start Menu on Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Add or Remove All Apps List in Start Menu on Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]PC users can display and use the Start menu with a feature called Show App List In Start Menu. The Show App List In Start Menu is enabled by default. In this post, we will show you the thre ways on how to Add or Remove All Apps List in Start Menu on Windows 11/10. […]...
  4. windows 10 remove all apps from the start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 remove all apps from the start menu: Hi I upgraded to Windows 10 Home version 20H2 and I cannot find away to remove the All Apps Icon from the start menu for a specific user. I turned off "Show App list in start menu" but I can't find away to remove the All Apps Icon. Please advise. Regards, Ray See the...
  5. Cannot add shortcuts to Apps list in start menu

Cannot add shortcuts to Apps list in start menu: So, I've been trying to add a few things to the app list in the start menu for a while now. Every site I've gone to says to put the shortcuts in "%AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs". I have done that multiple times, checked to make sure the shortcuts were pointed...
  6. Unable to add to All apps list in Start Menu

Unable to add to All apps list in Start Menu: I can place a new folder or custom shortcut in the correct start menu location (current user or all users) but it will not appear in the All apps list. If I go to the folder or shortcut and right-click Pin to Start it will appear as a tile in the start menu, but still will...
  7. How can I add programs to the All Apps start menu list?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I add programs to the All Apps start menu list?: I've tried the tutorial Here and it does not work. I'm trying to add the app 'DotA 2' and have put it in the \programdata\microsoft\windows\start menu\programs and then restarted my PC. It is still not showing up. [img] [img] 12802
  8. Add or Remove Recently Added apps on Start Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Recently Added apps on Start Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Recently Added apps on Start Menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Recently Added apps on Start Menu in Windows 10 The Recently added list on your Start menu shows the latest new desktop apps and Windows apps installed. Starting with Windows...
  9. Add or Remove Items for All Apps in Start menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Items for All Apps in Start menu in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Items for All Apps in Start menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Items in All apps in Windows 10 Start menu All apps in the Start menu displays an alphabetical list of shortcuts to all installed Windows apps and desktop apps on your Windows 10...
  10. Add or Remove Folders on Start List in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Folders on Start List in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Folders on Start List in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Folders on Start List in Windows 10 The Start menu in Windows 10 has a Start list that you can customize which folders appear in the list. You can add or remove the File Explorer, Settings,...