Windows 10: Remove MS Word app from Windows 10 start-up

Discus and support Remove MS Word app from Windows 10 start-up in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am unable to remove MS Word app from Windows 10 start-up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Michael Worley, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Remove MS Word app from Windows 10 start-up

I am unable to remove MS Word app from Windows 10 start-up

:)

Michael Worley, Jun 12, 2019

2. Add or Remove Items for All Apps in Start menu in Windows 10  

Hi, @Brink:

My caffeine titer is low, so I must be missing some blatant, basic step to add a shortcut to my account's All Apps list in the Start menu (Option1).
    The new process both for creating shortcuts and for adding/removing items to the Win10 start menu has me flummoxed.
    Your tutorials are always "topnotch", so this must be a cockpit error on my part.

>I would like to follow the suggestion on page 1 of the wushowhide.diagcab tutorial to add a shortcut in All Apps for my account.

I have d/l the wushowhide.diagcab and saved it to my downloads folder.
    I have done Step 1 on Page 1 of THIS tutorial to navigate to the Start Menu Programs folder.
    But HOW do I actually complete Step 3 to create a shortcut and then add it to the Start Menu "All Apps"??

I think I need to first somehow create a shortcut for the .cab file and then add it to All Apps in the start menu???

Please advise.

Thanks!
    MM

P.S. I have been postponing the probably inevitable installation of Class Shell.
    I would rather not have to install a 3rd-party program to be able to perform basic Windows tasks.
    But this new workflow in Win10 for a basic functionality might force me to do it.
    Sigh.

MoxieMomma, Jun 12, 2019
  3. a111087 Win User
    (MS Word) auto window restoring

Ok, When I have a word file open, i minimize that word window to open another word file. but what does word do?! it opens new word window as well as restores other minimized word window!!! *Bang Head :banghead:
    this is just killing me! I checked all option and googled all i could

the guy in the link below has the same problem:
    http://help.lockergnome.com/office/Stop-windows-restoring--ftopict933364.html

I have XP and MS Office 2007

a111087, Jun 12, 2019
  4. Remove MS Word app from Windows 10 start-up

Word program is not showing in start button after upgradin to Windows 10

Hi Maria,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Let me help you to fix the issue.

To understand the issue better, I would like to know when you day ‘’word’’ do you refer to WordPad or any other third party program?

Let’s try simple steps and check if this helps. Follow the below step.

• Click on the start and click on
      All apps

• Now locate for the ‘’word’’ app/program on the list.
    • Right click on the app and click on Pin to Start.
    Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

Remove MS Word app from Windows 10 start-up

1. Remove MS Word app from Windows 10 start-up - Similar Threads - Remove Word app

2. windows 10 start up password removal

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows 10 start up password removal: I have tried searching for a fix to remove the password on my start up screen but none of the responses or actions have worked. Please let me know the best way to remove the password from my start up screen....
  3. Word starting up automatically when computer starts up ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Word starting up automatically when computer starts up ?: Hi I was using word yesterday and suddenly today when I start the computer it opens Word and multiple blank documents appear on screen. I have been following a recent group discussion and cant get it to stop. Any ideas ? Chris Craig...
  4. how can i remove uninstalled apps from start up list

how can i remove uninstalled apps from start up list: this thing has been troubling me since i unistalled epic games launcher , it is still present in my startup list. i even removed HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\EpicGames in regedit listed in some other site , but its still present there . please help me remove this ...[ATTACH]...
  5. Removing preinstalled apps from the start menu

Removing preinstalled apps from the start menu: My laptop with Windows 10 came with some apps already in the start menu (Candy Crush Saga, Cooking Fever). I tried right clicking on them, but there was no way to uninstall. The apps don't show up in the list of apps in settings. The apps also don't show up in powershell,...
  6. Removing apps from the Start Menu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Removing apps from the Start Menu: There are a number of Apps on my Start Menu that I cannot use. I would like to remove them from the start menu to reduce clutter. I was able to remove OneDrive but none of the others, I'm not asking how to uninstall them because I know Microsoft would NEVER allow that....
  7. Free Mobile APP Of MS WORD ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Free Mobile APP Of MS WORD ?: Hello, Just came across the free (called "mobile") downloads of MS WORD, etc. for W10. From what I can see, they really are free. Sure I am missing something: If free, why would anyone buy Office ? What am I, as usual, missing ? Thought I would ask here first before...
  8. Removing Store Apps From All Apps On Start Menu

Removing Store Apps From All Apps On Start Menu: I want to organize the All Apps list on the Start Menu, but I need to get rid of the apps that clutter it up. I would prefer to do it without replacing the start menu with something like Classic Shell and I don't want to delete all the apps, so I've been attempting to find a...
  9. Can't Remove Apps from Start Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Remove Apps from Start Menu: Hi I have just updated to Win10 and wanted to get my laptop to a more Win7 look. I followed a tutorial on how to remove the 'app tiles from the start menu.....(right click -> unpin) but the apps don't remove. I have tried restarting the laptop and then the apps were removed...
  10. Adding and remove metro apps from start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adding and remove metro apps from start: I have no options,like before "pin to start" [img] [img] 45719