Windows 10: Remove MS Word app from Windows 10 start-up

Discus and support Remove MS Word app from Windows 10 start-up in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am unable to remove MS Word app from Windows 10 start-up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Michael Worley, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Remove MS Word app from Windows 10 start-up

I am unable to remove MS Word app from Windows 10 start-up

:)

Michael Worley, Jun 12, 2019

2. Add or Remove Items for All Apps in Start menu in Windows 10  

Hi, @Brink:

My caffeine titer is low, so I must be missing some blatant, basic step to add a shortcut to my account's All Apps list in the Start menu (Option1).
    The new process both for creating shortcuts and for adding/removing items to the Win10 start menu has me flummoxed.
    Your tutorials are always "topnotch", so this must be a cockpit error on my part.

>I would like to follow the suggestion on page 1 of the wushowhide.diagcab tutorial to add a shortcut in All Apps for my account.

I have d/l the wushowhide.diagcab and saved it to my downloads folder.
    I have done Step 1 on Page 1 of THIS tutorial to navigate to the Start Menu Programs folder.
    But HOW do I actually complete Step 3 to create a shortcut and then add it to the Start Menu "All Apps"??

I think I need to first somehow create a shortcut for the .cab file and then add it to All Apps in the start menu???

Please advise.

Thanks!
    MM

P.S. I have been postponing the probably inevitable installation of Class Shell.
    I would rather not have to install a 3rd-party program to be able to perform basic Windows tasks.
    But this new workflow in Win10 for a basic functionality might force me to do it.
    Sigh.

MoxieMomma, Jun 12, 2019
  3. a111087 Win User
    (MS Word) auto window restoring

Ok, When I have a word file open, i minimize that word window to open another word file. but what does word do?! it opens new word window as well as restores other minimized word window!!! *Bang Head :banghead:
    this is just killing me! I checked all option and googled all i could

the guy in the link below has the same problem:
    http://help.lockergnome.com/office/Stop-windows-restoring--ftopict933364.html

I have XP and MS Office 2007

a111087, Jun 12, 2019
  4. Remove MS Word app from Windows 10 start-up

Word program is not showing in start button after upgradin to Windows 10

Hi Maria,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Let me help you to fix the issue.

To understand the issue better, I would like to know when you day ‘’word’’ do you refer to WordPad or any other third party program?

Let’s try simple steps and check if this helps. Follow the below step.

• Click on the start and click on
      All apps

• Now locate for the ‘’word’’ app/program on the list.
    • Right click on the app and click on Pin to Start.
    Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

Remove MS Word app from Windows 10 start-up

1. Remove MS Word app from Windows 10 start-up - Similar Threads - Remove Word app

2. Work account removal from MS Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Work account removal from MS Apps: I had a work account signed into my Microsoft Office online software & onedrive. I am no longer employed there and I can't figure out how to remove that account from my Word and Excel apps. Please help...
  3. Work account removal from MS Apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Work account removal from MS Apps: I had a work account signed into my Microsoft Office online software & onedrive. I am no longer employed there and I can't figure out how to remove that account from my Word and Excel apps. Please help...
  4. Work account removal from MS Apps

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Remove Windows App from Start Menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Remove Windows App from Start Menu: Hi, I would like to remove a Windows UWP app (an app installed from the Microsoft Store) from the Start Menu. How can I make It? submitted by /u/Imart_Cat [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jnk2v8/remove_windows_app_from_start_menu/
  6. windows 10 remove all apps from the start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 remove all apps from the start menu: Hi I upgraded to Windows 10 Home version 20H2 and I cannot find away to remove the All Apps Icon from the start menu for a specific user. I turned off "Show App list in start menu" but I can't find away to remove the All Apps Icon. Please advise. Regards, Ray See the...
  7. Remove source from MS News app

Remove source from MS News app: Hi, how do I remove some of the many very low quality "news" publishers that contaminate the feed for the MS News app? I could do this a few weeks ago and now the capability seems to have disappeared....
  8. MS word in windows 10

MS word in windows 10: In error my MS word docx got into Windows photo viewer and need to get them back in MS word so I can open them. How would I convert them back? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-word-in-windows-10/2b0267c3-9ab9-4e14-816f-b50e165f9ba9
  9. How to remove apps from desktop display at start up

How to remove apps from desktop display at start up: Hi, I used to have only a handful of items on my desktop, along with a customized photo. I tried to install the Amazon Assist app and everything changed up! I did not complete the install, but for some reason my apps are now being displayed, but not my regular icons. I also...
  10. MS Store App Start Up

MS Store App Start Up: Hi, I have a app I got from Windows Store and I want to add it to Start up, so basically my PC boots, logs in and the app starts. I know the app is located (I think) in the hidden C:\Program Files location. There are multiple entries for the app but I have found the exe...