Remove OneDrive from the Explorer Side Panel in Windows 10

Discus and support Remove OneDrive from the Explorer Side Panel in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; I do not wish to have OneDrive appear in the File Explorer side panel. Is there an easy way to do this? There is a way to do this in Windows 8.1 but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Bulldog, Jan 28, 2015.

1. Bulldog Win User

I do not wish to have OneDrive appear in the File Explorer side panel. Is there an easy way to do this?

There is a way to do this in Windows 8.1 but I don't think it works for Windows 10 because the registry key referenced in that method:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\ {8E74D236-7F35-4720-B138-1FED0B85EA75}\ShellFolder

does not exist in Windows 10.

Class ID {8E74D236 ... does exist elsewhere but the ShellFolder subkey is empty.

:)

Bulldog, Jan 28, 2015
  2. BulldogXX Win User
    BulldogXX, Jan 28, 2015
  3. RobertKlier Win User
    How to remove "Quick Access" from the File Explorer left side navigation pane in Windows 10 (64bit)

A user in the house would like to completely remove "Quick Access" from the left side navigation panel in File Explorer.

They are running the 64 bit version of Windows 10 Pro.

I have done the steps of "View", "Options", "Open File Explorer to This PC" and clearing the check marks under privacy and clearing the file history.

Quick Access still appears on the left side navigation panel.

Is there an administrator or other setting that I can use to have "Quick Access" not appear at all in the left side navigation pane?

Thanks.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

RobertKlier, Jan 28, 2015
  4. Bulldog Win User

Bulldog, Jan 30, 2015
  5. davehc Win User
    I can see your link leads to your own post. Did that work for you in the latest build?
    It had no effect on mine

davehc, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Remove OneDrive from the Explorer Side Panel in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Remove OneDrive Explorer

1. How to remove OneDrive from navigation pane of File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove OneDrive from navigation pane of File Explorer: Thanks Brink Another (similar) question in case you know the answer or have time to have a look at it. I moved my OneDrive folder to my E:\ drive on Surface Pro. A OneDrive icon has now appeared at the top of my FE navigation pane, which I would like to remove or hide. I...
  2. Remove work email from onedrive messed up work email

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove work email from onedrive messed up work email: I created a personal Onedrive account and used my work email address years ago. I had it synced to onedrive on my work laptop. As our work computers are going to be locked down , I changed the onedrive account email address to a personal gmail address. I no longer wish or...
  3. How to remove onedrive for business but keep onedrive personal

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove onedrive for business but keep onedrive personal: I had both personal and business onedrive accounts on my computer. I no longer need the business account so I unlinked the pc and signed out. I can't get rid of the location in file explorer and I get a constant nag to log in to business onedrive. I no longer have access to...
  4. Remove onedrive from explorer breadcrumbs

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove onedrive from explorer breadcrumbs: I've disabled onedrive through group policy (I don't want to uninstall it just in case), I've employed the registry tweak to remove it from explorer's navigation bar, now how do I do remove onedrive from explorer's breadcrumbs? Finicky, I know. [img] 20520
  5. How Do I Remove OneDrive Folder From Win10 "Move Items" Box

in Windows 10 Support
    How Do I Remove OneDrive Folder From Win10 "Move Items" Box: This is my first post and I apologize if this has been answered before but I cannot find it anywhere on the web whatsoever. Everything points to removing from the Navigation Pane but that's not what I need. I uninstalled OneDrive through Microsoft's correct way of doing so...
  6. Cannot Remove OneDrive from Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot Remove OneDrive from Desktop: Hey everybody, ran into a problem that I can't seem to fix and was hoping for some help. I had to reinstall Windows 10 the other day and in doing so, OneDrive came up. I uninstalled it from the Control Panel, but it left an empty folder on my desktop, which appears in the...
  7. Removing OneDrive Green Check Mark Icons in Windows 10 file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Removing OneDrive Green Check Mark Icons in Windows 10 file explorer: Hi, Does anyone know if one can remove the green check marks in file explorer that indicate that a file is synced on OneDrive? If one is using list, details or small icon view, there is no way to visually see the file type. Thanks, Paul 33068
Remove OneDrive from the Explorer Side Panel in Windows 10 solved